The All New FOXPRO Fury

Mike
That is kind of funny, you thanking me. You’re the guy that gave the great prize to PPHA for the winner of the PPHA calling event to get an expensed paid trip to Kansas. I just was lucky and won the PPHA calling event and got to hang with you and the rest of cool guys from FoxPro for a week. No need for you to ever get worried about not talking to me since we got back from Kansas. I had such a good time I will still be smiling for a year. Thanks for being such a good person and friend.
Ernie

Is it realy superior to the FX5??? Why does the FX5 cost more or when is the price of the FX5 comming down? Thank you Brent

OKBrent,

The Fury has does have more features, but it depends on how you define superior. The FX5 is, and always will be an excellent unit. It was our flagship model for 2 years. But, with increased competition coming from overseas, we have to take advantage of our strength, and that is our engineering capabilities. The companies that get their products made overseas have a huge labor advantage over us. We are paying American people American wages, and paying benefits on top. It is not easy lowering your prices, but the hope is that it you maintain (or increase) market share. And, at the same time, deliver a product that answers the wants and needs of the predator hunter. If we don't fill their wants and needs, there are other companies out there that will.

Quote:

Anytime I, as a member of this board cannot see the the humor in someone asking a stupid question, getting a resonable answer, then not letting it go, cannot post in ANY thread on this open board is the day that I'll hang it up.

I'm totally sure now who looks biased, juvenile & insecure.....It's not me.

now you sound like soreloser and dogboy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif its always refreshing to see you a moderatr here calling a fellow hunter stupid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Mike, Thanks for the answer. I will buy American this year, still havn't figured out if FX5 or new Fury??? Love the camo on the FX5!!! I gotta quite buying on LOOKS!!! Brent

Mike, lets get some camo versions of the Fury in the works. If you guys don't sell them camo, people are just going to end up spray painting these things anyways.

doggin coyotes,

I am with you in recognizing the need for remote control reliability in less than perfect conditions. If the remote control on the new Fury operates like I think it will, All the competition will be blown clean out of the water. Some of us know how to use an electronic caller to it's fullest potential. The new Fury will let us do that, or at least that is my prediction. I hope to get my hands on one some time in October, and will let you know my findings.

Jason_L,
I hope to see a camo version of the Fury also. Knowing the Dillons, I'm betting we will see one in a few months. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:
doggin coyotes,

I am with you in recognizing the need for remote control reliability in less than perfect conditions. If the remote control on the new Fury operates like I think it will, All the competition will be blown clean out of the water. Some of us know how to use an electronic caller to it's fullest potential. The new Fury will let us do that, or at least that is my prediction. I hope to get my hands on one some time in October, and will let you know my findings.

I can understand adverse calling conditions and situations.
I agree that the remote that covers all the bases there is extremely useful in calling coyotes in less than perfect conditions.

I may have over-simplified in my earlier post about setting the caller line of sight at 50 yards.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Lots of times I stick the caller in a yucca, or cholla when calling, but, I'm careful to leave the antenea where it's open & pretty much line of sight to my position.

There are times when placing the caller in denser brush, or setting up crosswind where the caller is left, or right of you that a remote that will vary with the terrain could be a coyote killer & not place limits on you.

Like Rich said, I think the Fury will fill the bill in this area for sure.

So basically the Fury just dropped the value of my FX5 since the Fury remote won't work with my FX5 and the FX5 can't be changed to the fury features
about the line of sight debate, I have a certain area where I walk a ridge top out at place the caller on the ridge, I go back because I know where the coyotes are supposed to come from, they come into the little hollow and I am bush them from above.
if I walked into that hollow (valley) I would mess the area up so bad that it would be wasted time, I am in the midwest.
why is it so hard to realize that not everyone hunts the same terrain and some people never see their callers and some people always see their callers.
and not everyone is coyote hunters only so the line of sight goes out the window when crow hunting and I sure as heck don't want to sit right on top of the caller when calling crows.
So why argue of something stupid like someone wanting their remote to work at 700 yards or not needing it to work over 50 yards

From what I gather FoxPro has made the remote better on the Fury with options and more dependable with terrain and range. It is less expensive than the FX5. It will probably not be perfect for every situation that every predator hunter across the USA encounters in their varied calling methods. But it is getting closer and is American made by an American company! So why complain that it is less expensive than eailer offerings? WAY TO GO FOXPRO!! You made a better caller for less money! Truely innovaters and leaders in the field of electronic calling!

kilog55,

Currently, we have well over 200 sounds specifically for predators, and well over 300 altogether. We have been spending a lot of time on our sound library, and not just adding new sounds, but also getting rid of some old ones that have been replaced with better ones. We take the sounds very seriously, and don't want to just keep adding for the sake of increasing the number of sounds that we have available. We are dedicated to the quality of sounds in our library, and not the quantity of sounds.
You would probably be surprised at the number of people that actually ask for the ability to hold more sounds. And, the big draw to the units is not the number of sounds that they will store. If they only want to use a few, they can delete the ones that they don't want to use, and install the ones that they do want to use, whether or not they are FOXPRO sounds. They are not married to the FOXPRO sound library.
When I got my I-Phone, I didn't care at all about the number of songs that it would store. But now that I have it, I am glad that it will store as many as it does, as I currently have over 400 songs on it, LOL! Not that I ever get to listen to them all, but if I ever want to, I can.

Here is a current list of our sounds:

Mark II Sound Library

Birds
B00 – Raspy Woodpecker *
B01 – Weep-n-Woodpecker *
B02 – Wail-n-Woodpecker *
B03 – Wacky Woodpecker *
B04 – Worried Woodpecker *
B30 – Turkey Gobbles
B70 – Finch Distress *
B71 – Starling Distress 2 *
B72 – Distressed Starlings *
B73 – Gray Catbird Distress *
B74 – Goldfinch Distress *
B75 – Blue Jay Distress *
B76 – Robin Distress *
B77 – Wood Duckling *
B78 – Wood Ducklings *
B79 – Mallard Duckling *
B80 – Baby Turkey Distress *
B81 – Baby Turkey Trio *
B82 – English Sparrow Distress *
B83 – Distressed Sparrows *
B84 – Cranky Male Cardinal *
B85 – Titmouse Tantrum *
B86 – Nutty Nuthatch *
B87 – Ranting Red Bird *
B89 – Gray Jay Distress *
B90 – Chicken Distress *

Coyote
C15 – Female Coyote Bark Howl
C16 – Female Coyote Howls
C17 – Female Whimpers
C18 – Female Coyote Bark Howl 2
C19 – Female Coyote Long Howl 1
C20 – Female Coyote Long Howl 2
C21 – Female Coyote Long Howl 3
C22 – Coyote Pup Screams
C23 – Fem. Coyote Chalng. Barks
C24 – Female Coyote Chalng.

Fox
C75 – Baby Red Fox Distress 1 *
C76 – Baby Red Fox Distress 2 *
C77 – Juvenile Red Fox Distress
C78 – Juvenile Red Foxes Dist.
C79 – Distressed Red Foxes

Canine
C00 – Canine Pups 1
C01 – Canine Pups 2

Felines
F00 – Kitten Cries
F01 – Crying Kittens
F02 – Kitten Distress 2 *
F03 – Distressed Kittens *

Wild Hogs
H00 – Begging Hogs
H01 – Feeding Wild Hogs 1
H02 – Feeding Wild Hogs 2
H03 – Baby Wild Pig Dist. 2
H04 – Juvenile Wild Pig Dist.
H05 – Sow Protection
H06 – Hog Bachelor Fight
H07 – Sow & Boar Fight
H08 – Big Sparring Boars
H20 – Lil’ Piggy

Rabbits & Hares
L00 – Lightning Jack
L01 – Dying Jack
L02 – Lil’ Jack
L03 – Snow Shoe 1
L04 – Snow Shoe 2
L05 – Snow Shoe 3
L06 – Snow Shoe High-Pitch *
L07 – Waning Jack *
L50 – Scream-n-Rabbit
L51 – Big Rabbit *
L52 – Mad Rabbit *
L53 – Lil’ Rabbit *
L54 – Bay Bee Cottontail *
L55 – Adult Cottontail

Domestic Farm Animals
M00 – Kid Goat Cries 2
M01 – Kid Goat Distress 2
M02 – Baby Goat 1
M03 – Juvenile Goat Cries
M04 – Baby Goat 2
M05 – Crying Calf
M06 – Calf Scream
M07 – Distressed Calf

Deer
D00 – Whitetail Distress
D01 – Whitetail Buck Fawn 1
D02 – Whitetail Buck Fawn 2
D03 – Whitetail Doe Fawn 1
D04 – Whitetail Doe Fawn 2 *
D05 – Aggressive Whitetail *
D55 – Antelope Fawn Cry

Raccoons
N00 – Raccoon Distress 1
N01 – Raccoon Distress 2
N02 – Raccoon Fight
N03 – Twittering Raccoon
N04 – Young Raccoon Dist.
N05 – Aggressive Raccoon
N06 – Mad Boar Raccoon *

Rodents & Coaxers
R00 – Guinea Pigs
R01 – Guinea Pig
R02 – Flying Squirrel Dist. *
R03 – Grey Squirrel Distress *
R04 – Young Rat Distress *
R05 – Adult Rat Distress *
R06 – Rat Duet *
R07 – Vole Squeaks *
R08 – Red Squirrel Distress *
R09 – Roar-n-Red Squirrel *
R10 – Field Mouse Distress*

Bears
F50 - Huffs & Jaw Snaps *

Regular Sound Library
Coyote - Locators
162 – Howling Dogs
206 – Siren 1
160 – Cal Taylor’s Siren
207 – Coyote Locator

Coyote
211 – Interrogation Howl 1
187 – Interrogation Howl 2
189 – Lonesome Howl
186 – Lone Howl
213 – Female Invitation 1
188 – Female Invitation 2
181 – Coyote Pup Howl
212 – Male Challenge 1
184 – Male Challenge 4
185 – Coyote Male Chal. Scream
183 – Coyote Challenge Howl
219 – Coyote Threat Bark Howl
180 – Coyote Barks
209 – Coyote Pup Distress 1
216 – Coyote Pup Distress 2
179 – Coyote Hurt Pup
210 – Coyote Death Cry
218 – Coyote Ki-Yi
182 – Baby Coyotes
217 – Coyote Pup Frenzy
214 – Coyote & Rabbit
215 – Coyote & Fawn
220 – Coyote & Fox Fight *

Fox
228 – Arctic Fox
224 – Gray Fox Distress
225 – Gray Fox Pup
226 – Scream-n-Gray Fox *
222 – Gray Fox & Woodpecker
221 – Red Fox Rally
227 – Red Fox Distress
229 – Red Fox Pup
223 – Red Fox & Rabbit

Bobcat
230 – Bobcat in Heat
380 – Aggressive Bobcat *

Mountain Lion
370 – Mt. Lion in Heat *
372 – Mt. Lion Cub Begging *
373 – Mt. Lion Cub Whistle *
374 – Mt. Lions Courting *
375 – Mt. Lion Female Call *

Wolf
320 – Lone Wolf
324 – Wolf Pair
325 – Wolf Chorus Howl
323 – Wolf Pups
322 – Wolf Growl
321 – Wolf Pack 1
326 – Wolf Pack 2
328 – Wolf Pack 3

Canine
600 – Canine Pups
620 – Byron South’s Canine Puppies

Rabbits & Hares
231 – Crying Jack
232 – Screaming Jack
233 – Jackrabbit Distress
234 – Angry Jack
237 – Cottontail Distress 1
239 – Rabbit Duet
350 – Baby Cottontail Distress
351 – Baby Cottontail Frenzy
352 – Raccoon & Baby Cottontail
354 – DSG Cottontail Distress
355 – Cal Taylor’s Cottontail Dist
735 – Spring Hare Distress
736 – Scrub Hare
737 – Young Rabbit

Predator Sounds – Bird Sounds
243 – Chicken Distress 1
521 - Chicken Distress 2
290 – Lucky Bird (Woodpecker)
291 – Woodpecker Distress
292 – Northern Flicker
293 – Young Blue Jay Distress
332 – Screamin’ Blue Jay Distress
333 – Adult Blue Jay Distress
294 – Partridge Distress
295 – Pheasant Distress
296 – Quail Distress
297 – Turkey Distress
298 – Starling Distress 1
331 – Shore Bird Distress
334 – Game Bird Chick Distress
335 – Cowbird Distress
601 – Cowbird Duet
336 – Female Cardinal Distress
337 – Male Cardinal Distress
338 – Great Blue Heron Distress
339 – Guinea Fowl Distress

Predator Sounds – Rodents & Coaxers
242 – Groundhog Distress
245 – Squirrel Distress
247 – Prairie Dog Distress
249 – Rodent Distress
250 – Kiss of Death
503 – Sage Rat
120 – Crazy Critter *
514 – Mouse Squeaker
515 – Chirping Coaxer *
516 – Luscious Lips *
517 – High Freq. Squeaks *
518 – Freaky Squeaks *
519 – Fox Whistle *

Predator Sounds – Miscellaneous
246 – Kitten Distress 1
391 – Cal Taylor’s Kitten Dist.
121 – Javelina’s Demise
258 – Lost Sheep
251 – Antelope Fawn Distress
360 – Blacktail Doe Distress
361 – Blacktail Fawn Distress
255 – Fawn Cry
195 – Fawn Distress
363 – Mule Deer Fawn

Raccoon
266 – Raccoon Puppies

African Predators
705 – Spotted Hyaena
710 – Black Backed Jackal
711 – Jackal Challenge
712 – Jackal Howl
713 – Jackal
720 – Cheetah Female Call
721 – Cheetah Male Call
730 – Princess Bird Distress
750 – Lion Roar
751 – Lion Cub Begging

Wild Hogs
244 – Baby Pig Distress 1
341 – Wild Pig Distress

Crows & Magpies
270 – Crow Fight
271 – Crow Party
272 – Crow Duet
273 – Ugly Crow
274 – Young Crow
275 – Dying Crow
276 – Crow & Hawk
277 – Crow & Owl
278 – Crow Gathering
279 – Struggling Crow
530 – Magpie Fight

Waterfowl
299 – Snow Goose Single **
300 – Snow Geese Feeding 1
301 – Snow Goose Lrg Flock 3 **
307 – Snow Goose Large Flock 1
308 – Snow Goose Large Flock 2
147 – Snow Goose Small Flock **
302 – Snow Goose Hail
303 – Snow Goose Double **
132 – Canada Geese Large Flock
304 – Canada Geese Comeback 1
305 – Canada Geese Comeback 2
306 – Canada Geese Comeback 3
309 – Canada Geese Laydown 1
310 – Canada Geese Laydown 2
312 – Canada Geese Laydown 3
313 – Canada Geese Laydown 4
311 – Feeding Mallards
314 – Pintail **
315 – Green Wing Teal **
316 – Widgeon **
317 – Speckle Belly Comeback **
318 – Speckle Belly Greeting **
148 – Speckle Belly Clucking **
319 – Sandhill Crane
140 – Blue Winged Teal **
141 – Gadwall **
142 – Mallard Chatter **
143 – Mallard Comeback **
144 – Mallard Drake **
145 – Mallard Feed **
146 – Mallard Greeting **
149 – Wood Duck Squeal **
150 – Wood Duck Whine **

Moose
262 – Moose OHH-WAA
263 – Moose Cow
264 – Moose Rattling
190 – Moose Thrashing *
191 – Moose Bull Grunt *
192 – Moose Urinating *

Whitetail
199 – Light Sparring
200 – Buck Fight
201 – Antler Rattling
203 – Doe Estrous Bleat
204 – Tending Grunt
205 – Buck Snort Wheeze
202 – Buck Grunt

Elk
260 – Elk Bull Bugling 1
261 – Elk Cow Chirps
400 – Satellite Bull Bugling
401 – Elk Estrous
402 – Elk Calf
403 – Elk Cow/Bull
404 – Elk Calves
405 – Elk Bull Bugling 2
406 – Satellite Bull Bugling 2

Turkey
282 – Barred Owl
283 – Turkey Gobbles
284 – Gobbles & Yelps
285 – Wild Turkey Hen
286 – Lost Turkey Hen
287 – Turkey Kee-Kee
288 – Fly-Down Cackle
289 – Turkey Purrs
450 – Excited Hen Yelps
451 – Young Hen Yelps
452 – Raspy Hen Yelps
453 – Tree Yelps
454 – Cuts
455 – Fighting Purrs

Bear
253 – Bear Cub Distress 1
170 – Bear Cub Distress 2

Miscellaneous Calls
501 – Squirrel Barks *
510 – Prairie Dog All-Clear
520 – Ring Necked Pheasant
522 – Chukar

Quote:
• 10 Custom Sound Sequences
Design up to 10 entire stands including the individual sounds, volume levels, durations, and passages of silence. When selected, a custom sequence will go through the steps you defined and complete your entire calling sequence without requiring any need for using the remote control.

These sequences are really cool. Now, you can program up to 10 entire stand sequences, and access them from the remote control. For example, I could start a sequence with a jackrabbit distress at a low volume, and then switch it to a higher volume for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, I could program 30 seconds of silence, and then switch to a woodpecker distress at a higher volume for 2 minutes. After that, a coyote pup distress for a minute, and then back to the jackrabbit distress. This entire sequence will occur automatically by simply depressing the SEQ button on the transmitter, and then depressing the number that I have that sequence programmed into to, for example, 1. And, at any time I can get out of the sequence by simply selecting another sound, a preset button, mute, etc. The idea is to keep your hands free from the remote control, keeping your eyes focused out in front of you for incoming predators.

Mike:

I'm getting serious about predator hunting and have chosen the Fury as my 1st e-call. I talked with several veteran hunters here in AZ and they all said I couldn't go wrong with FoxPro. Accordingly, I called APC and got my name on the list.

I have a question regarding the Custom Sound Sequences. If I want to program a few silent pauses in a particular sequence, will I be saving battery life during the silent pauses?

Also, I have a friend that is a professional airbrush artist and he has volunteered to do a custom camo paint job on the Fury. If I let him do the camo, will that void my warrentee?

Thanks for your input.

Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff,

If you program silence into your sequences, your battery life will certainly increase. The amplifier is not demanding battery energy during the silent pauses. Also, the Fury will have an increased battery life compared to our current products.
Your warranty will not be voided if you decide to airbrush the unit. Just be cautious around the jacks, and don't paint the antenna, as this could detune it.

Quote:
I know I have said this earlier, but I will be posting more photos of the transmitter to show the side buttons, and the menu selections, but not until early next week.

Are the pics still coming? I am very interested in seeing the menu selections. Also is there any update on the release date like maybe early or late October?

Back