Sunday hunting in Virginia

Ok. I've been watching and reading this since it was posted. Everyone has their right to their opinions. And we all have the right to agree or disagree with those opinions. We've read everything in here from abortion rights to nascar. And as Americans we have the right to choose or at least let the people we voted into office hear our voice and choose for us. NOT. Seems that when the VDGIF posted the numbers for the poll they took, 62% of the hunters asked, want Sunday hunting. Then it is killed by the subcommittee. So it's clear that the majority supports the right to hunt on Sunday, it's just the morons we put into office don't hear us. So for or against, let them hear you as we the people put them there to speak for us and as normal they do as they are told from the anti groups pushing money towards them to delete such bills.
I'm for the Sunday hunting. I was born & raised in a christian home and I do believe all that I've been taught. What I don't agree with is the hypocrites that do things for face with others or think that because they go to church they are saved and going to heaven.

While me & my son are hunting I enjoy the time I get to spend with him, watching him learn this great sport the way my dad taught me. But as we are sitting there hunting I have time to relax, think about things going on in my life, my familys life and talk to God in my own way. I would also say that 90% of the times we go hunting the guns are never fired as for one, he's still learning, and two, sometimes we just like to get out away from everything to talk and enjoy the day. If he see's something for the first time and gets to asking questions or laughing because some animal did something he thought was funny we will talk about it or he ends up getting me laughing over something so simple and we just enjoy the day and have fun.

I do work 5 days a week and sometimes 6 & 7 days depending on what's going on at work. I cherish the time I have with my family and the time me and Cameron spend in the mountains together. And as most of the people in my area , the only day we have time to hunt is on Saturday. I would love to be able to have that extra day to hunt.

Then you have to think about all the stuff said about giving the animals time to rest, more game taken each year blah blah blah. How many of you fill your game quotas each year? And do you take any vacation to do so? Do you hunt everything that is legal to take in the state or your area? I'm going to guess and say no. Because we are at work making a living to suppport or family's and life styles during the week. If every hunter took the legal quota per game animal each time out it would be different. How many times have you been hunting and saw none of the game your after? They don't need time to rest as there are safety zones they go to when pushed and I swear every deer in Smyth county knows when opening day is anyway. They seem to disappear over night. Right now my life quest is to keep an 8 year old hooked on this sport and away from all the dope that so many others end up on and hope he continues to have the right to do it and take his kids. And no I'm not perfect. I enjoy a cold beer from time to time with friends & family and give my children the options that were not given to me growing up. And it's funny cause I was made to go to church and by giving my children the choice they want to go to church.

I know I'm babbling on but here's my point.
Some of the email addresses of all the delegates are listed in one of Vanimrods post above. If you agree or disagree send them an email telling them. Remind them we put them in office and this is what we want or don't want. But as hunters I would think that we would pull together as we already have enough to worry about with the anti's trying to put a stop to hunting all together. Either way, this Sunday Me and Cameron will be hunting. WE won't have the rifles or shotguns, as we will either hunt indian artifacts or a place to go calling the following Saturday. And wheither you agree or disagree with it, that's fine. Were still going and will have a ball doing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've stayed out of this post because I'm not sure where I fall. As a Christian hunter arguments can be made many ways, but I do know that I can't think of anything good that ever became of Christians or hunters arguing. Both of these groups are under a constant microscope. Let's not give anyone a reason to look negatively at any of us.

God bless and good hunting!

I'm for hunting eight days a week if you can get the goverment to add the extra day. If you don't want to hunt on Sunday then stay home and watch TV or go visit the family but myself i would rather be hunting and would like to make my own choice how i spent Sunday and not some so called christians making the decision for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
Ok. I've been watching and reading this since it was posted. Everyone has their right to their opinions. And we all have the right to agree or disagree with those opinions. We've read everything in here from abortion rights to nascar. And as Americans we have the right to choose or at least let the people we voted into office hear our voice and choose for us. NOT. Seems that when the VDGIF posted the numbers for the poll they took, 62% of the hunters asked, want Sunday hunting. Then it is killed by the subcommittee. So it's clear that the majority supports the right to hunt on Sunday, it's just the morons we put into office don't hear us. So for or against, let them hear you as we the people put them there to speak for us and as normal they do as they are told from the anti groups pushing money towards them to delete such bills.
I'm for the Sunday hunting. I was born & raised in a christian home and I do believe all that I've been taught. What I don't agree with is the hypocrites that do things for face with others or think that because they go to church they are saved and going to heaven.

While me & my son are hunting I enjoy the time I get to spend with him, watching him learn this great sport the way my dad taught me. But as we are sitting there hunting I have time to relax, think about things going on in my life, my familys life and talk to God in my own way. I would also say that 90% of the times we go hunting the guns are never fired as for one, he's still learning, and two, sometimes we just like to get out away from everything to talk and enjoy the day. If he see's something for the first time and gets to asking questions or laughing because some animal did something he thought was funny we will talk about it or he ends up getting me laughing over something so simple and we just enjoy the day and have fun.

I do work 5 days a week and sometimes 6 & 7 days depending on what's going on at work. I cherish the time I have with my family and the time me and Cameron spend in the mountains together. And as most of the people in my area , the only day we have time to hunt is on Saturday. I would love to be able to have that extra day to hunt.

Then you have to think about all the stuff said about giving the animals time to rest, more game taken each year blah blah blah. How many of you fill your game quotas each year? And do you take any vacation to do so? Do you hunt everything that is legal to take in the state or your area? I'm going to guess and say no. Because we are at work making a living to suppport or family's and life styles during the week. If every hunter took the legal quota per game animal each time out it would be different. How many times have you been hunting and saw none of the game your after? They don't need time to rest as there are safety zones they go to when pushed and I swear every deer in Smyth county knows when opening day is anyway. They seem to disappear over night. Right now my life quest is to keep an 8 year old hooked on this sport and away from all the dope that so many others end up on and hope he continues to have the right to do it and take his kids. And no I'm not perfect. I enjoy a cold beer from time to time with friends & family and give my children the options that were not given to me growing up. And it's funny cause I was made to go to church and by giving my children the choice they want to go to church.

I know I'm babbling on but here's my point.
Some of the email addresses of all the delegates are listed in one of Vanimrods post above. If you agree or disagree send them an email telling them. Remind them we put them in office and this is what we want or don't want. But as hunters I would think that we would pull together as we already have enough to worry about with the anti's trying to put a stop to hunting all together. Either way, this Sunday Me and Cameron will be hunting. WE won't have the rifles or shotguns, as we will either hunt indian artifacts or a place to go calling the following Saturday. And wheither you agree or disagree with it, that's fine. Were still going and will have a ball doing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I agree 100% on what you said. I'm looking foward to hunting with my grandson and Sunday could be an option.

Here is some background reading for those interested in this issue from both sides of the aisle:

1. Febuary issue of "North Carolina Sportman" page 12 article by Jack Horan

2.http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB43&Number=1190509&page=0&fpart=1

3.http://www.ncwildlife.org/news_stories/pg00_NewsRelease/SundayHuntingStudyNov06.pdf

4.www.ncwildlife.org

There are a lot of good things in here applicable for those also interested in changing predator hunting laws in NC

The campfire thread goes to show, the VA boyz are a lot more schooled in how this all really works behind the scene and how to fight fire with fire.

gentlemen,

i had originally said i wouldn't comment anymore on the Sunday hunting topic but i must reneg. i have monitored the thread and on many occassions wanted to reply, but i didn't.

we are passionate in our beliefs. and sometimes our beliefs are different. but, at the end of the day, we share many common beliefs. it is upon those beliefs, that we should continue to build upon.

no person on this thread will change my views on Sunday hunting and i know i will not change any of the dissenting views. i can accept that.

in hindsight,i guess my first sentence of this reply should have been an apology. i went back and looked at some of my replies and well, i am little embarassed. not for standing up for my Christian beliefs but for the remarks. a couple statements, from individuals, which i will not name stated something along the lines of "hypocritical religious type" albeit maybe not verbaitum. this got me to thinking. i never meant or intended to come off as i am better than anyone on this thread or for that matter better than anyone in this world. i simply believe what i believe and in my community the majority think the same way. i forgive you, whether you apologize or not.

in summary, i guess what i am trying to say is that although me may agree to disagree, we need to stick together. there are many forces who seek to disrupt the sanctity of hunting. the last thing we should do is divide ourselves. as a Christian, I ask your foregiveness if i, in any way offended you. i also ask, that if you haven't already done so, ask the Lord Jesus Christ into your life. whether you want to hunt on Sunday or not, He is your best hunting partner of them all.

God Bless,

Creek Chub

I will not make an apology for wanting to hunt on Sunday because i don't believe there is anything wrong with spending a day of your life in the woods, instead of behind a TV or at some other family members house eating and talking about politics or the news. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
I will not make an apology for wanting to hunt on Sunday because i don't believe there is anything wrong with spending a day of your life in the woods, instead of behind a TV or at some other family members house eating and talking about politics or the news. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I can't imagine missing a whole afternoon with my mother-in-law for something as mundane as hunting the afternoon away.

Dime , your right what were we thinking , Sunday hunting what an idea , instead of changing the law lets try to pass a new one . Mother-in-law day , instead of doing anything else every man that calls himself a hunter should by law spent the entire day with his inlaws. Now that would be the Christan thing to do.

I can tell you this though if the majoraty of the members of the NCPA agree on it , it will be something that will get looked at . Religous beliefs or not, some may some may not , there is a hole lot of things that people do that others look down on and because we live in a country that gives us a choice on what we want to do than it should be so . Rules have been writen and rules have been changed , now might be the time to make some new changes.

One other thing some one made the comment about Game Wardens having to work more if we are allowed to hunt on Sundays . Now when i fish on Sundays i do see them riding around on the lake and working , so what would be the difference ?

I am gonna ask a stupid question. What does being a Christan and hunting on Sunday have to do with each other ? Don't Christans hunt? I asked that question knowing that my wife is a church secretary at a very large Baptist chuch where the preacher rarely shows up during the week during hunting season, because he is hunting. I even turned him on to predator hunting and I'll bet if he could he'd be in the bushes once his sermon was over.

bea175,

i did not ask for or expect an apology. i was merely manning up and admitting that my comments may have been a somewhat defensive and out of line. grown men admit their mistakes. that's how i was raised.

your personal comments speak for themselves.

At least you got the last part of your post right. My comments pretty well sums up what i think about hunting on Sunday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Back