Stray cat decoy. How many of you have them?

doggin coyotes Hope ya don't mind if I tell ya what I see in this video. I see 2 coyotes responding to an electronic caller. I see the lead coyote go by the decoy/caller and give it a fleeting glance as it goes by. Then the lead coyote checks up and is looking directly at the camera man/shooter. It is not known to the viewer if the second coyote even looked at the decoy because it was off screen until it trotted past (never stopping) the lead coyote while also looking towards the camera man/shooter. I do not see either coyote "hunch up and posture the decoy with his tongue sticking out". I do see one "go into stare mode" said:
I saw the first one hunch up and tuck his tail just as it is passing the decoy. Watch it again you will see it.

doggin coyotes, I can see where u may have missed it. Here are some still photos. Also, the speaker is not playing, so the reaction is not to that. One of the guys is using a mouth call. Kind of hard to hide 4 guys 25 yds from decoy.....yet we got away with moving the rifles and put down a double.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/stickbow_hunter1/CoyoteAggressivePosture.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/stickbow_hunter1/CoyoteTongueOut.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/stickbow_hunter1/CoyoteAggressivePosture-1.jpg

No, I didn't miss it. I saw the little tuck tail/hunch up move the lead coyote made as it passed the decoy. Pretty cool.

But, I guess I did miss this good example. Can you pull any still pictures off the video showing it?
Originally Posted By: stickbow_hunter Good example of what I was saying about them staring at the decoy.

Look, I ain't busting on your product. It's a fine looking decoy. But I know what I see in that video and it ain't what you're trying to sell. Looking forward to seeing more videos. Maybe you do have some other ones that show the decoy actually working better than it does in this one. Hope so.

That's all. I'm out. Good luck.

doggin coyotes,

No worries. I am just trying to answer your questions. If you see things differently thats cool. Actually appreciate the questions. I will post additional videos that show it better.

What is the battery life? And also what are the limitations on the remote? I dont want to get it out there and it not work. Will it work through brush and over a slight rise? Things of that nature

Originally Posted By: Sqeak'emWhat is the battery life? And also what are the limitations on the remote? I dont want to get it out there and it not work. Will it work through brush and over a slight rise? Things of that nature

Are you going to use the primos remote or do you have a foxpro.

The way I take it is if your remote will work any decoy off AUX then yes it will work after you switch it to latched.

Last edited:
Just ordered mine today got it at Bowhunting Outlet Archery Equipment for $72.70 but had to pay 9.99 shipping for total $82.69 thats the cheapest i found at the time. Hope i'm not dissapointed with it , looks awesome! Can anyone explain the latched position on my fury apparently i'm not smart enough to know this?

Originally Posted By: mike jones Can anyone explain the latched position on my fury apparently i'm not smart enough to know this?
Turn on tx500.
Go to tx500 config under the main menu & open.
Open AUX.
It will say Momentary (JIB) & Latched
Go to Latched & push down on button, its now set for the primos decoy.
Done.
Your Aux button on the side of the tx500 will turn it on & off, BUT will not move it from any of the speed settings.
The Primos remote still works with it also (if its in range) so if you want to change the speed settings its done that way.

Thanks a ton 5spd !!!!!!!!
thumbup.gif

Now, one other question in order to work my jack-n- the box will i have to go back to the Momentary setting?

Here is a short clip showing an Eastern coyote reacting to the Stray Cat decoy in the hardwoods of New Hampshire. This coyote appeared out of no where and made a bee line towards the decoy.

Originally Posted By: stickbow_hunterHere is a short clip showing an Eastern coyote reacting to the Stray Cat decoy in the hardwoods of New Hampshire. This coyote appeared out of no where and made a bee line towards the decoy.

Thats awsome man. Good little video there. Are you making your own video sticckbow or do you just like to film your hunts?

Back