Stray cat decoy. How many of you have them?

I thought his idea of tying a cat to the fence might of been worth trying. Poor guy just wanted to kill coyote.

I think him and cawilson were starting to do some serious bonding.

Last edited:
Does it work off of the Primos auxiliary jack? I was checking one out at the store the other day and it was not clearly marked on the box. My Alpha Dog needs a decoy bad.

Reminds me of thurs morning I was out for a drive and up onto the road came a coyote with someones big white fluffy cat in it's mouth. No gun and it didn't stop long enough for a picture. There was a house close by so I might have to stop and ask if I can hunt there and throw in if they are missing fluffy. If they are I will tell them what I saw and I should have another spot to hunt.

can anyone answer if the decoy will work off the aux. jack of any of the calls? I have a foxpro and would like to know if i can run it with the call. someone else asked about the alpha dog call

Originally Posted By: wiesmanrcan anyone answer if the decoy will work off the aux. jack of any of the calls? I have a foxpro and would like to know if i can run it with the call. someone else asked about the alpha dog call

I'm going to go ahead and say no. It's not listed in any of the advertising, and it's not on any of the package labeling. For what it's worth, it has its own remote, so other than a matter of convenience, the net effect is the same whether you control it with your foxpro or alpha dogg or not.

Sorry for the late answer guys, I've been guiding. Yes...it does have a 3.5mm auxiliary port on it to control via an ecaller.

Tony

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeI've got one that I am field testing for them. I am very pleased with it. I haven't had a single coyote flare from it, and actually every one of them has went into attack mode when they saw it. I've given my list of changes that I think need to be made on it and they are working on some improvements. Easy to carry and deploy. Excellent realistic tail action.

Hope that helps.

Tony

What kind of improvements and when do you think they'll start putting them in place? Im just wondering if I should wait to buy one of them or buy one in the near future.

These decoys look like it could be that new thing these coyotes around my area couldn't resist.

Originally Posted By: Brownie100 bucks seems a bit steep for me. I think I'll stick to the mojo or no decoy at all till they come down in price.

Check out the primos sit-n-spin. Like a mojo but with ajustable speed and I think I picked mine up for 30 bucks. I like that I can't hear it run from a foot away.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I can discuss or not about the list of changes that I would make to it. They are only suggestions to them and don't know if and when they will make them. Most are to beef up a couple of things, as I am hard on equipment. I can tell you, that I am killing coyotes with it...just like it is. I've been carrying it on stands, because I want it there. Noone pays me or endorses me to do it. It's worth having on stand....I've got the fur to prove it.

Tony

The Stray Cat decoy was designed to "trigger" a response by "playing" on one or more of a coyote's behavioral characteristics (instincts) NOT just a prey in distress as w most other decoys.

It plays on ALL of the following: Curiosity, Hunger, Aggressiveness, Territorial, Competition

Basically, it forces the coyote(s) to show itself. When calling here in the north east, coyotes tend to come right to the wood line and observe. They do not like to expose themselves to open areas (until under the cover of darkness). I have seen this happen multiple times. This is why it was created. The unique motion of the stray cat mimics a realistic tail. The coyote DOES NOT KNOW if the "tail" is the meal, or if the "tail" has caught a potential meal and is taking it from the coyote, or if the tail is another animal infringing on its territory. We have had coyotes respond by attacking the decoy, belly crawl and stalk it, aggressively posture the decoy by hunching up, and simply come up to the decoy and stare at it. All you want is for the coyote to react and show himself, thereby increasing your odds at getting a shot. Obviously, the decoy is having the same effect in the Western states as is evident by what Tony is seeing. The big advantage, is the decoy's ability to work in ANY hunting scenario. You can use it upright w the built in tripod or hang it in a bush or limb, or just lay it in a brush pile. It works at any angle. Either way, you get realistic looking motion and play the set up to your strength.

this may sound stupid to some people BUT is it LOUD while in motion OR could it play alone and not be heard or noticed other than the motion? thx

Not sure it would work well for me. If it looks too much like a feral cat I'd ruin my stands shooting the decoy
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeI can tell you, that I am killing coyotes with it...just like it is. I've been carrying it on stands, because I want it there. Noone pays me or endorses me to do it. It's worth having on stand....I've got the fur to prove it.

Tony

That's all I needed to hear!
Thanks Tony!

Back