Sow Nailed in Backyard

Eating breakfast before leaving home for work this morning and 20 hogs are in my driveway, Browning Hi-Power takes down a sow with a headshot at 75 feet, breakfast bacon sizzling....

Hi%20Power%20Hog.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupEating breakfast before leaving home for work this morning and 20 hogs are in my driveway, Browning Hi-Power takes down a sow with a headshot at 75 feet, breakfast bacon sizzling....

Hi%20Power%20Hog.jpg

I wish we had these hogs in Oh. Are you able to eat these hogs during the summer months? What caliber handgun did you kill it with?

Oh you been busy as usual, great pictures....

By the way, I know that pigs might have a specific disease,which I can't recall what it is called right now. Do you have your pig's meat checked by a vet or something for that specific disease ?

How do you know which meat to eat ?

Last edited:
I don't know if it is the same disease but we call it trichinosis...

I just google'd it and I think it's different disease.

I was wondering if we could detect trichinosis by looking at the meet instead of a vet checking it.

Both Trichinosis (Nematode worm) and Brucellosis (intracellular gram negative bacteria) are only dangerous in uncooked or improperly cooked meat.

If pork is cooked properly, all worms and bacteria are dead....

Pork should never be rare to medium, always well done, even if it comes from domestically supplied pork and not wild hogs.

There are serological tests for the antigens from both these diseases, but not something you can do in the field easily.

Poultry cook temps are 165
Beef/pork steak, chops, roasts are 145
Ground beef/pork is 160(ground meat is higher in case you got some guts in it)

BTW that's degrees Fahrenheit. For you Euros I think it's somewhere around 697 Celsius

The FLIR M-325 Pan/Tilt thermal camera and the FLIR T-70 are a deadly combination!

I was out on a feeder for two hours keeping it covered and watching all the deer and coons all over it and drove the Honda Pioneer UTV back the three mile ride to the house after dark. As I round the last curve headed for my house I saw a large hog about 300 yards ahead of me on the side of the forest trail grade in the FLIR M-324. Shut off the engine and doused the Larson Electronics RED LED super blaster headlamp and turned on the T-70 and took one shot below his ear from the driver's seat @ 175 yards with my SIG 556 and IMI 77 grain Razor ammo. He did not seem to notice the super bright red led at all....

Hog dropped dead with a severed spine at the nape of his neck, wish I had turned on the video as it would have been a great thermal video kill, he weighed 325 pounds....

Big%20Black%20Front.jpg

Big%20Black%20Hondini.jpg

Big%20Black%20Hondini%20Front.jpg

Big%20Black%20Side.jpg

Back