Savage or Remington

Originally Posted By: JCHWhy would you buy a rifle that needs work on the bolt body to get it to cycle smooth (Savage)?? Just google Savage Bolt lift issue.

Remington all the way.

Why would you put your money towards a society that refuses to admit its responsibility for the many problems with their rifle
Just Google: Remington Lawsuit .

BTW, Never got any issues with my Savage's, other then trying to drop the accutrigger below 1 pound; not a good idea, bolt wont set to fire.
On the 12 FTR with the Target Accutrigger thats a different story; you can go under 1 pound.

Both are good rifles but I prefer Savage over a remmy every time. Remmy needs work before they will even come close to what a Savage will do out of the box!

Originally Posted By: larrwhy would you buy a rifle that needs a new barrel and trigger to get it to shoot accurate (remington) buy the savage and go shooting you will not regret it.
thumbup1.gif

Yeah. Never seen a Remington shoot well either. And no one adjust the accu trigger either.

Anyways. Either will serve you well. The mod 7 is an awesome carry rifle. And I'm certain savage has an good offering as well.

Well I guess I had just better go to the gun shop and put them all on the table in front of me and see which one looks the best and feels the best.
Sounds like the Savage,Remington,Howa all shoot well.
How about a Kimber??

Originally Posted By: dmpowderBoth are good rifles but I prefer Savage over a remmy every time. Remmy needs work before they will even come close to what a Savage will do out of the box!

SOOOO not true.

I love the "rifle myths" some subscribe to around here. I must be the luckiest Rem 700 owner on the planet, cuz I've owned more of them than most ever will, and I've never had any issues. Just good shootin' rifles out of the box. Had Savages too. Plenty of them. Also good shootin' rifles out of the box. No better on average than Remington, though.

If Savage could make an action that weren't so hard to look at, they might have something. Until then, they will be considered nothing more than utilitarian.........

Let's just stick to Savage or Remington. It's already bad enough. Such posts seem to end in a train wreck every time around here.

Think I hear the whistle blowin' now.........

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunLet's just stick to Savage or Remington. It's already bad enough. Such posts seem to end in a train wreck every time around here.

Think I hear the whistle blowin' now.........

Isn't that the truth!

Oh Yea,
get a CZ they are better than those other two.
smile.gif

Savage. Simply accurate. No problems been shooting dogs and deer since 2007 with mine and still love everytime I shoot it. It's just built for hitting where you want period

Whittakers had a couple .204 Model 7 Predators when I was there Saturday. You might want to give them a call. And keep trying, they are very hard to get on the phone. I'm guessing there were at least 100 cars parked around that place last Saturday, it was insane. They were even parking in the ditch along the road. The price on the Model 7 was very good, but it was "while they last".

Originally Posted By: Coyotejunki

Oh Yea,
smile.gif

LOL,,,,, you beat me to it. ;>)

Are you thinking of the model 25 in the savage? Can you change the barrel on a model 25 to a 22 LR?
Go Savage either way if you can or can't! However I don't think you can switch barrels, unless someone knows differnt and can hook me up with a website.
Steve

If you're going to bang it around and beat it up, go Savage. If you're going to have it around for along time and want to hand it down, go Remington. Both are great rifles. just my way of thinking.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: Coyotejunki

Oh Yea,
smile.gif

LOL,,,,, you beat me to it. ;>)

My CZ took some "tweaking", but I like it very much now.

Not enough "tweaking" to make me want to put down the CZ name, or say a bad thing about it. Not to mention, I can't base my opinions on CZ as a whole off of one rifle (hint). That would not be fair........

Keep dissing remington, there is a reason the government chose it as it's base for a tactical rifle....and don't say they have to be customized....poor argument.

And as for the lawsuit, poor argument. Google "remington's rebuttal to the lawsuit" Remington produced a video to dispell all the rumors.

Back