Raptors,songbirds and the land of the free?

Predators aren't going to perform a physical on each potential prey item to ensure they are only killing a weak or old target, they are just going to chase down and kill the first thing they see, sick, healthy, young, or old. That's why they call them opportunistic predators, they kill whatever they have the opportunity to. Habitat loss is a large factor for the upland gamebirds population decline, but it is compounded by predation which suppresses the birds even more. One more predator though that needs some major population control that's doing a great deal of damage is the feral house cat. They are bird killing machines and are pretty bad around here. Dirty cats...

I really don't see the difference between a coyote and a hawk other than a hawk can fly etc. U used to never see hawks or coyotes in my area now u see countless numbers of hawks and rapidly starting to see more yotes. But yet they want the coyotes killed even trying to put a bounty on them. And the hawks are still illegal to shoot. The both prey on animals such as dogs and cats squirrel birds mouses etc etc. But yet you can't shot a hawk but the coyote can be hunted year around with no bag limit. It just don't make sense to me. (Wv)

http://gjknighttaxidermy.com/taxidermy/raptors/

http://uktaxidermy.co.uk/categories/UK-Bird-Taxidermy-For-Sale/Birds-of-Prey-For-Sale/

Found these sites. I didn't know most of the rest of the world allows raptor
Taxidermy.

Heck, I just want a magpie mount.

I wonder if we can get this changed to allow importation of mounts.

Edit: Respectfully, Chris Lynn, your assertions about raptors taking only weak and injured doesn't square with my lifetime observations.
We had a great horned owl that regularly preyed at night on the guineas that roosted in the elm tree behind the house.
We find eagle killed antelope on occasion on the ranch. I've watched a golden eagle take an adult doe antelope.
Quail, pheasants too. Rodents absolutely.
Like the others posting here, I just have to disagree with your assertion.

Last edited:
I want about 100 of them then I'm going to breed them as long as they only kill birds of prey. I no crows like to chase hawks a lot lol. Seriously they do

Originally Posted By: wvyotehunter68I don't believe that birds of.prey only kill the sick in weakens animals I witnessed a hawk killing a baby squirrel the other day and by no means was this squirrel sick or any thing before the hawk killed it it was playing with some other squirrels climbing everywhere on the trees it was just so entertaining to watch these baby squirrels. Then all of a sudden a hawk lands in a tree ne'er bye eyeballing the baby squirrels and then it swoops down and kills one of the baby squirrels that baby squirrel was making a awful noise when that killer was killing it. I just wanted to shoot that hawk so bad. We don't need these things to control the population. They make the animal.suffer before they kill it. Us humans when we kill a squirrel its quick and they don't even feel it. That's just one of the animals they kill. Poor squirrel its sad it had to suffer like that. I regret that I didn't shoot that hawk. I can still hear that baby squirrel suffering in my head. I'm sure it will be back for its brothers and sisters to make them suffer.

This is nature at work and at it's best. I can watch this stuff all day. Love it.

WV, curious. How old are you?

25 and that poor squirrel it was just so fuzzy and gay it was just tryng to play that poor little squirrel hes problem never busted a nut before because Ihis teeth were not fully grown id say. now deer don't bother me I personanly watched a person stab a Deer with a pen knife when he ran out of arrows I tried to get him just to shoot it in the head with a 22 that I was squirrel hunting with. But he wouldn't because it was illegal. Pretty brutal.

Originally Posted By: wvyotehunter68 it was just so fuzzy and gay

OMG.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: wvyotehunter68I don't believe that birds of.prey only kill the sick in weakens animals I witnessed a hawk killing a baby squirrel the other day and by no means was this squirrel sick or any thing before the hawk killed it it was playing with some other squirrels climbing everywhere on the trees it was just so entertaining to watch these baby squirrels. Then all of a sudden a hawk lands in a tree ne'er bye eyeballing the baby squirrels and then it swoops down and kills one of the baby squirrels that baby squirrel was making a awful noise when that killer was killing it. I just wanted to shoot that hawk so bad. We don't need these things to control the population. They make the animal.suffer before they kill it. Us humans when we kill a squirrel its quick and they don't even feel it. That's just one of the animals they kill. Poor squirrel its sad it had to suffer like that. I regret that I didn't shoot that hawk. I can still hear that baby squirrel suffering in my head. I'm sure it will be back for its brothers and sisters to make them suffer.

This is nature at work and at it's best. I can watch this stuff all day. Love it.

WV, curious. How old are you? Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: wvyotehunter68 it was just so fuzzy and gay

OMG.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Omg is right...

Wow, just wow.

Originally Posted By: wvyotehunter68I cansee this isn't going to turn out good on my part . I Just forgot to add 1 letter hahah

No worries here... Infact, I'm glad for your typo. Still laff'n ..

Thanks WV68 !
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: wvyotehunter68Don't thank me thank my cell phone.
grin.gif

Oh great.

Now cell phones are pushing their agenda too!!!!!

Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftOriginally Posted By: wvyotehunter68Don't thank me thank my cell phone.
grin.gif

Oh great.

Now cell phones are pushing their agenda too!!!!!
lol.gif

Back