Ralph Lermayer's "It Is What It Is!" article in Predator Xtreme......

Rusty I again must of lost something in the typing ;;
I didn't say anything about you being a guide, I said I don't use guides, becouse they hog up the land . me not useing guides was ment in General, i don't pay many to hunt.I to hunt right out my door pal,, but I hunt some of the hardest coyote in the country and if you feel you could do it Give it try or just call friends that have tried ,,
I though we where just bantering back and forth but I see you think something is funny pal .
if we don't pay rusty where we going to hunt don't seem you SOUTHERN BOYS are all the friendly for inviting guy to hunt for free ,, like i do at my places, You guys think you have it all figured out you may have them, your dogs figured out but come east and get humbled, look at this way pal i can kill 45 lb northeastern coyotes in sandals, your boys from east and west Texas travels 2000 miles to my back yard and cant kill anything .. i kill as many coyote and cat down there in 10day as you or anyone ells can kill in ten day .
your play ground is a easy home field , come play in my field that would be funny ..
so sit back and think your one up on me .. but there are those that are out there that known that i can kill them anywhere pal.. not so shore about you boys..go head and think so but give it a try some day.

oh yea you can come here and all hunting free, you just got to leaver the crack corn at home,,
we have to hunt our game .
by the way i have hosted free hunt with lots of guys on these sight and a couple of Texas and believe me when i say my disappointment was on them Texan never put a guy in a stand for deer that was 2 miles back and had him show back up at camp 2 hours latter, till i took a texasn hunting but he got his buck but we had to let him shoot it from the porch as it chased a doe in the yard.. i guess thats how you guys do it , gain we hunt ure game

talk with you guy when i get back from your call freindly state

PS HERE SOMTHING TO WATCH , YOU WILL NEVER SEE OR KILL ONE IN PERSON SO ENJOY

Last edited:
Yankee? Did I hear someone say Yankee? Why.... I resemble that remark....

(did I mention damned proud of it too?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
i kill as many coyote and cat down there in 10day as you or anyone ells can kill in ten day .

There you go again George. You never learn.

Here is 3 nights.

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

290.jpg

Randy

I have photos of killing in your yard rusty so be my huckleberry and let me see them Eastern dogs you killed
and not east Texas buddy

Mr.shaw I been killing stingers down there for 15 year pal ..
hasn't everyone seen them photoof your trip , we know all about your trip to Texas pal.. been there done that .
I to have the kind of ranches that you can get photos like that . maybe I will dig some up for yea . but I don't run down there with one guy, some of my photos are of me and hunters I and a friend call for , I also go for weeks at a time pal so photos are taken at the kill and before skinning . sorry I am not one to put them in the freezer or cold box for days to take a group photo.
here i will start you off with a couple
1 night calling alone
DSC00037-2.jpg

phoyo1-1.jpg

IM_A0097.jpg

IMG_0538-1.jpg

DSC00063-2-1.jpg

i could do this all night Mr R shaw
but lets stop and try some of this pal

rusty like the shoes in thwe last photo my indian slippers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Texas is a give me MR R SHAW i have many many more photos from down there and can match you photo for photo with bobcat and coyotes ,badgers and fox

let play this game on called critterts
it like the old fish game you now how it s played

have you any called lions?

DSCF0073-1.jpg

have you any called bear??????
Picture032.jpg

DSC00064-1-2.jpg

DSC00056-2-1.jpg

have you any wolf??
wolf046.jpg

Picture059.jpg

so you photos dont do much for me master caller R Shaw
LIKE I SAID BEEN THERE DONE THAT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Well, that looks like about 15 animals in 5 days.

George, I am sure you are a good guy in person. But the main difference between you and me is....I don't let my mouth outrun my [beeep].

Randy

Edited to add. Thought we were talking about killing animals in TX. For some reason those last pics don't look like that area to me. I am envious of the lion and wolf.

Last edited:
Hey George. Easy there, pardner! LOL Sorry, I swear I'm gonna shut my big mouth here pretty quick, but I still just can't help it.

I think R.Shaw was probably just referring to this extremeley blantant statement:

"i kill as many coyote and cat down there in 10day as you or anyone ells can kill in ten day ."

Now, I know you are not good with the written word, since you remind forum readers of that quite often, but that little word that I highlighted "CAN" in that statement is probably what made R.Shaw post them "been there dune that" photos. Not to mention, there's a lot of folks that might make up that "anyone ells". And I rekin since he said "There you go again"...that that might be a reference to the time not very long ago when you stated in another thread that you could outshoot a bolt gun any day, any time, any one with your AR-15. That's basically what ya said, whether you backed out of that statement at the time or not.

Not that I need to defend R.Shaw any, but I just felt it my duty to help you understand where he was coming from before we got into the "mine's bigger'n yurrs" photo contest.

Take care, friend.
Joel

Where is the last post that had anything to do with the original topic? If this thread doesn't get back on track I will assume it has run it's course.

Joel, Yep. The buntline AR thread is what came to my mind with the 'there you go again' statement. How did that little shooting match turn out anyway?

Quote:
Where is the last post that had anything to do with the original topic?

Sorry Weas! Here, let me give this a shot as to why you could say we're still on topic...

George has been doing this paying for predator leases for 15 years. Well maybe Ralph took the idea for his "It Is What It Is" article from ole George!!! So now, here we are just trying to explain to both of them how stupid of an idea that is. You even agreed at the top of this thread, and suggested that he get a swift kick in the junk. Seems to me we're still in good shape.

like I said I could post all night and unlike you i don't let my mouth run anything pal..

I am a good guy in person . I am as cool as they come and can be as dangerous as they come when need be.you can take that how ever you like it.
I been calling and killing and hunting critters as long as you have maybe longer pal. so don't think i some new kid on the block .
see lot of guys don't like me because I say what I feel
I own no one anything . I hold no loyalties to anyone
you don't like what a wear or how I think will that's to bad, but every since we been going back and fourth its been you argent know it all about every thing, that has led us to bump head pal

like when you told me you could see I don't know about hunting off a rack. yes I use a AR off my rack because it manageable , see I am usually standing behind my shooter , and my rack isn't a chair its a bench seat pal so when my shooter need to move the shoo the short gun plays better . but i didn't need to tell you that at the time. and no I ant some rich guy from back east I am just a union sheet metal l worker with the passion for calling critters . many have been and stayed at my home before hunt and they can tell yea i live a simple life
and I will go on and tell you a couple other thing pal
the scarf is from my kid that on his 2 tour in the sand box, so I wear it on every hunts
the foot wear are from not being capable of get my boots on
maybe I shouldn't have been calling days after knee replacement .
the glasses where from calling on a cold windy night 30 - 40 mph wind and driving around up on my rack i couldn't keep my eyes from watering but I am shore you know how to keep that from happening or maybe you just don't know what that its like berceuse you wouldn't be on a rack in them winds

what ever pal

you do your thing i do mine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

SORRY JOEL
am slow with the key board ,you posted you last reply's wile i was typing up the one ubove this one
.i didn't read you reply before writing the one above this one .

I was going back and fourth with yea just to pass time nothing at the start was to hurt rusty thick skin or even aimed at him
and I had no idea when i said i don't use outfitters that anyone here would take ill of it .

about the AR thing
I said in that post that when calling critters my AR was as good a calling gun as any and that i could shoot anything called in with my AR that i could with my bolt .
never said it would out right out shoot a bolt i said as for a calling gun my AR was what i think the best platform
for a calling gun it went on to lead to shooting targets at 100 yard i said my ar could do 1'' all day long and thats all you need in a calling gun ,, the master MR.R SHAWL SAID NO!
but R Shaw jumps into every conversation with a remarks
like the guy has a video he is killing critter and R Shaw
reply is that the decoy will scare off more then it will kill that's it nothing more nothing less , no congrats or good shooting boys just some schooling from the master. like his remark today in the egg shoot thread

and yes Joel I have 250 thousand Acers of prime hunting land around Laredo that decent get hit hard for predators when I say we pay this is what we pay 700 a man that's your food places on the ranch to stay
gas to Texas and on the ranch and home for a week for 6 sometime 8 guys ..

where can I go in Texas and do better then that .. maybe this week I head over to west Texas on the way home and knock on some doors for fun ,,I have some connection over there .

i will stop paying when you guys help me find calling land

AND Joel pal I ant mad my skin is thick also . I look as if we where just going back and fourth no blood was spilled at first with you and rusty

Last edited:
Pay to hunt coyotes???? Dumbest thing I ever heard of.Pay to hunt coyotes .LMAO....And I have read a few PX mags, only the free ones,and they are mostly just an advertising rag to hook new predator hunters. I don't want a sub to it, unless it is for free...Walt

Last edited:
Rusty if we don't pay what should us out of state guys do???? you rant sound like you just like us to stay away ? you have to know it would be almost impossible for guys that live thousands of miles away to gain access to property to hunt for free. so what is your real solution to keeping calling free in Texas??
Do you do paid hunt as in guided hunt????? are you a licensed outfitters ?????
if so then i have way more question for yea ,, like if you do paid predator hunts how is it different if we pay you or some other outfitter to hunt predators or the land owner ?????
are we bad for business?? but I don't know if you do the paid outfitting thing because if you do you really don't have a leg to stand on buddyboy.
You think I like to pay to kill coyotes??
What would you suggest I do? Stay home?
Should I stay out of Texas till I find a free place to hunt?
Tell you what, I wont to help you with keeping predator hunting Texas free, so help us in getting land to call for free and we will both be happier man.
You southern boys do realizes we did win the war !! and some of Philadelphia's & PA's men died at the Alamo, and every one came from the east at some point right.. my home i live in is older then your state!
so yea help a brother out in finding a place to call for free.

My first post never intended to ruff you feathers pal

I met guys lots of guys that think because they have it good they are the best,
like you feel you a superior caller then most because your numbers of critters in the truck. well I look at this way , i can kill predators any were in this country and do .
you run around behind locked gates killing coyotes that are not pressured to the point our's are and you think your one up on everyone .. you can go on running around showing that same photos time after time pal and talk about you west Texas coyotes same as MR R Shawl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif does with his Texas killing trip but I know about hunting Texas coyote & cats and in that I know your story your good callers and killer I am shore of it ,but no better then most of us .

like I said rusty I could post cat and coyote & badger photos from down there all day long ,,

my bantering is over ,,,

I wasn't trying to get off topic with the photos Rust & Shawl just making a point , /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

After reading his editorial, I have wondered if Lermayer were to take a poll of his readers, would the majority support leasing to access predator hunting on private land?

My guess is it would a large and resounding NO!

Lermayer is as out of touch with the readers of his rag as Zumbo was when he made his idiotic statement.

Last edited:
Let me just throw my .02 in here. Here in Kansas, 98% of the ground is private, and our very own Secretary of Wildlife and Parks has been leading the charge and advocating people leasing up their acreage for the ‘pay to play’ crowd.

I don’t pay to hunt coyotes here in Kansas, nor do I pay to hunt deer here. However, I understand if I go to another state to hunt anything, there is probably a good chance I will have to pay to hunt. Would I pay to hunt coyotes in Wyoming, Colorado or any place? Yes—because it would be my choice. With that said, I think I have enough friends in those states, some met right here on this site, that I would not really have to do so if I chose not to.

I don’t begrudge anyone that chooses to pay for their hunting priviledge—that is their business, and I applaud them.

I do think that Mr. Lermayer is off base here—if predator hunters approach landowners right, they should be welcomed with open arms. I have even had luck hunting on ground that was leased by deer hunters by explaining to them that my efforts will improve the numbers and quality of their lease. I just respect their lease, (as well as my safety), by not hunting during firearm season.

BTW, Mr. Ackley, you are welcome right here in my part of Kansas anytime you want to come to hunt predators! I will gladly waive my ‘outfitter’s fee’ for you—don’t care how you type or what kind of shoes you wear!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,
Tim

Back