Obama on guns

Back to obama, dems & our guns. Perhaps you forgot this little gem:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb...;gonew=1#UNREAD

That bill is still sitting there, waiting for action. It will be introduced again next session.

Now, consider:

If the dems pick up enough seats in the senate to have 60 or more, there will be NO way in the senate to stop this. Nor anything else for that matter, such as signing the UN small arms treaty that will stomp on any rights we think we have.

So we could have Pelosi running the house, with enough seats to win by party line vote. Reid running the senate with a filibuster proof majority.

And a prez who would gladly sign that abomination while calling it "common snese measure to yadda yadda yadda"

Like appointing hillary to the supreme court, so the next gun control case that gets that far will be in her hands.

Oh yeah, i feel utterly safe. nothing bad will happen in the next 2 years.

Yea the problem is in spending, a problem Bush has had. So we agree.

How will John change it with a 92% record of voting for Bush policies?

I disagree on Obama, he's said several times that he will target wasteful spending.

he said that, but as a senator he hasn't done that.

mccain has a near perfect record when it comes to not taking earmarks. beats obama all hollow in that area.

BTW, the 97% figure is bull squeeze. most of those votes are not contested. obama voted "with bush" over 90% of the time, too.

if you drill it down, strip out votes on things like naming bridges & resolution for this or that, look at actual contested votes, mccain voted in agreement with bush about 47% of the time.

in the debates obama was asking to name one specific thing he would cut. he couldn't name one.

So Rimmy,

About that question of what BHO will do to improve things economicly? I think we have established that Bush sucks in your eyes, now what is your guy going to do?

Quote:
Listen to yourself. Life of crime, door to door inspecting and confiscating, distribution of wealth.

Have you seen a doctor about this?

Tommy, you are completely complacent in the ignorance you have about the 2nd. It does happen in this country.

Here is one of many instances. And if you truly researched history, you would see that it always follows the same pattern. You can laugh all you want and think that we are a bunch of lunatics but some are able to see the reality. It is a shame that you cannot. And while it may not have been by design to register for that reason, it could be and has been used that way. Your use of firearm control for "Safety" is simply a way for the issue to be brought under control of a government agency.

I really don't believe that you understand this. The 2nd was put in place to protect the countries citizens from the government as well as other aggressors. We armed citizens are the Militia should it be necessary to activate us. Your youth is blatantly obvious in this topic.

CALIFORNIA NEWS

LA County Gun Task Force Serving Search Warrants
July 16, 2006

Officers from the Los Angeles County Gun Task Force in CA have begun serving search warrants on residents in that county who are suspected of holding un-registered "Assault Rifles" including 50 BMG target rifles.

If you or any of your friends have not complied with the provisions of AB-50 that require you to register any 50 BMG rifles you own, you may very well expect a knock on your door at any time.

This information was received from a former ATF agent in CA:

"I have a friend who had a search warrant executed by the LA gun task force at his apartment, which is located above a home, within LA city limits a few months back. This task force is headed up by ATF, with LAPD and LASO being the primary agencies participating. Pursuant to the warrant execution, one Springfield M1A with its' original flash hider attached and numerous .50 cal incendiary type bullets (Projectiles) were seized. My friend was not arrested at the time and led to believe the case might not even be prosecuted. The task force left his entire gun collection, which is extensive, with him at his apartment. A little more info here for you to consider. My friend has no criminal record of any kind, is a decorated Vietnam vet, is gainfully employed as a carpenter, and is law abiding.

A couple of weeks ago, the task force came back to his apartment and arrested my friend and charged him with five felonies. He was taken to jail where he remained for two days until his bail was set and met. He is charged with being in possession of an unregistered assault rifle, and in possession of destructive devices, and in possession of destructive devices within so many feet of a school. Five felonies under California law in total.

Being a retired ATF special agent myself, I contacted the case agent who happens to be a LAPD detective assigned to the task force. I asked him why such a chicken ##### case was being prosecuted. Why were they ruining my friend's life after his service to our country and the fact that he has no past criminal record. I asked him what happened to law enforcement using common sense and discretion in a case like this. The detective told me they didn't make the laws, but it was their job to enforce the law and that the DA has a no tolerance policy regarding firearms.

I tried to explain to him that the M1A rifle with its' original flash hider was legally sold to 1000's of people in CA before the assault rifle law was even enacted. Many of these original owners to this day do not know they are in violation by having the flash hider on their rifle. The detective didn't care. I explained that on at least two prior occasions I had contacted DOJ myself and had been informed the explosive bullets were legal in California as they are under ATF law, as long as they were not loaded into a case and able to fire. He said that was incorrect info and that under CA law the bullets alone are destructive devices and that each individual bullet could be charged separately."

During the past several months FCI has received several inquiries from people who are possibly California residents who have been asking what they should do because they hadn't registered their firearms before the required date. We have told everyone they need to contact an attorney to find out the best possible way to deal with this situation.

FCI recommends the same to everyone.

Care to comment? . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

If you still believe that we are in no danger of loss of rights... Why don't you spend some time learning what the constitution meant to the founders. Read why they wrote things the way they did, instead of modern day Media and politician interpretation.

If you care about this country, every person should read these documents. You will then understand why you have
"Rights" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/histdox/fedpapers.html

"There are two methods of curing the mischiefs of faction: the one, by removing its causes; the other, by controlling its effects.

There are again two methods of removing the causes of faction: the one, by destroying the liberty which is essential to its existence; the other, by giving to every citizen the same opinions, the same passions, and the same interests." Author James Madison.

Our problem this day and age is there are to many that do not want the responsibility themselves. The cowards want to let government handle it so they don't have to. So they give away their rights since they do not care to have them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Davis, point blank, are you asking me to vote solely on the 2nd amendment ignorant to any other issue? Yes or no? Think about it for a minute.

jumprightinit, youre right.

In my opinion, without the second, there is no way maintain a free society. Show me another society that is Free, that doesn't have arms. Do they have high crime, opressive government?

Without the Second, there is no way for the people to enforce the others.

Stu has shown you others. You do not want to see them. You can talk complex semantics all day long about the economy, abortion, etc etc. This election is about the basics to me. Right and Wrong

The only thing I agree with from the Obama Biden ticket is this. "The Office of president is no place for on the job training."

I dont need to see them, all I need to know is who supports the 2nd amendment according to you. I respect you for putting it at the forefront of your belief system, but there must come a point when you are able to look past that when other things are out of line. If you feel so vulnerable about your guns, you will never look past the gun issue and will remain narrowly focused.

I will not ever again vote solely on party lines. Ill vote on the candidates. Through the smears, I think McCain would make a great president. History will show he wasnt given a good chance coming out of the worst 8 years in American history. If you disagree look at that small approval rating, 31%.

Had this been 2001 with the same two candidates I think he would have won. I dont hate McCain, I think very fondly of the man. He is a war hero that I wish we could give him the presidency just for his heroic actions in Vietnam. Unfortunately he did not seperate himself from Bush enough. Its a shame that he didnt win in 2001.

Quote:
Quote:
So Rimmy,

About that question of what BHO will do to improve things economicly? I think we have established that Bush sucks in your eyes, now what is your guy going to do?

Here's his web site
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

So what you are saying is that you can't tell me what you think he is going to do that will improve the economy?

Quote:
Davis, point blank, are you asking me to vote solely on the 2nd amendment ignorant to any other issue? Yes or no? Think about it for a minute.

jumprightinit, youre right.

And that is really sad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jumprightinit youre attracting attention to yourself.

Ive been here since 2001. Your conspiracy theory that Obama placed me here is a riot. Kool-aid anyone? Come on guy get off of it.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So Rimmy,

Here's his web site
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

So what you are saying is that you can't tell me what you think he is going to do that will improve the economy?

Knowing you to be an intelligent and inquisitive person, I thought you would prefer to see for yourself.
BTW if you want to suggest that I go to the McCain site, I’ve been there and I see he is still listing his summer gas tax holiday from the primaries. He may need to talk to his tech staff.

Last edited:

I will not ever again vote solely on party lines. Ill vote on the candidates. Through the smears, I think McCain would make a great president. History will show he wasnt given a good chance coming out of the worst 8 years in American history. If you disagree look at that small approval rating, 31%.

Had this been 2001 with the same two candidates I think he would have won. I dont hate McCain, I think very fondly of the man. He is a war hero that I wish we could give him the presidency just for his heroic actions in Vietnam. Unfortunately he did not seperate himself from Bush enough. Its a shame that he didnt win in 2001.

First time throught this thing I've kind of agreed with you.
I wanted to vote for McCain in 2000 too. One thing I've finally learned is you can't go back in time, not even a few minutes. It's 2008 now, McCain is still the same man, and a [beeep] site better one than his opponent.

Quote:
jumprightinit youre attracting attention to yourself.

Ive been here since 2001. Your conspiracy theory that Obama placed me here is a riot. Kool-aid anyone? Come on guy get off of it.

Where did you come up with that idea from?

Quote:
What better place to place a 'Manchurian Candidate' than a basically conservative forum that is gun oriented?

Its what I gathered from your post.

Back