New commercial E-Caller ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free sounds! Free cheese! Sounds like another good goverment program! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bake.

Predator
Spanker

You stated that your sound card will/can play for 30 seconds depending on your setup, If I understand this right.

My guestion is if your calling for cats, and most people agree to call non-stop. How will you be able to do this if you call for only thirty seconds at a time?? Can you tell me of any tricks or tips you might suggest for calling cats with your experince and the loudmouth. Thank You and I'm eagerly awaiting for your call to hit the market.

Steve

Steve...

The way I understand it is this: The sound length is 30 seconds long, which will then automatically loop indefinitely, but not repeating itself for 30 secs. And will stop only when you want it to, by pushing the stop or power off button... The comparison of 30 sec sounds is that it will play for a full 30 seconds without repeating itself, where the other caller(s) only play for 15 seconds and then repeat itself...

I hope I didn't confuse the situation... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you robert, you are exactly right.
The reason I have 30 second loops, is because certain sinnario's take time to play out.
I have several sounds like coyote pups with cottontail, and something I have been working on which is magpies and coyote pup, magpies and cottontail etc. The guys out west know what I'm talking about. I guarantee Their are several western guys smiling right now. How about it guys.
excuse my spelling, my spell check stop working.
Spanker

Mr. Spanker

I live in the far north and would like a remote caller that plays snow shoe hair screams. Does your machine come with a card of just hare screams on it? Cotton tail rabbit does me little good...Glen

Alaskan Woodsman: I don't have a snowshoe hare, but I will by summer!
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think your predators are any different from ours down here. Fact is the critters don't turn down a meal because the meal offered is not usually on his menue you could say. I called fox in PA with JS jack rabbit tape. If you really want a snowshoe sound now, JS has one, look at
allpredator calls.com. If you can wait I can help you in the future.
Predator Spanker

WOW!!!! Finally someone who is going to get magpie sounds going. Predator Spanker I alleady have a JS caller and was just wondering if you produce any tapes or if your digital only. I like the caller but dont know if I could afford it any time soon. The idea of magpie sounds puts a big smile on my face. Where can I get them and when..

THANKS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sage Sniper: I will be makeing all my sounds available on cassette's in the future.
I will post when those sounds will be available.
It takes a western guy to understand the value of magpies. and only a western hunter will see that I have been out their in your country.
Now all that I need is to figure out what the heck those coyotes are saying.

Predator Spanker

Hi Spanker and all who have posted,
Some of us remember the "Bad Old Days " of 45 RMP records and battery powered portable record players.
Then along came some folks that had a better plan.They were hunters. And after them some other folks had even a better plan.And on it evolved .
Each of those folks ,or damm near all of them, were risk takers. That's what it takes,along with some serious bucks, and a belief in what you are doing.

I remember pzzing and moaning about the cost of every dad gum new e- caller that has come along. I also know that had they not been worth the $ they would not have survived in the market place.And some didn't.
Some of you younger pups have no idea what a debt of gratitude you owe to the trail blazers like JS . Sure he made a good buck on his gear ,but we all had a hell of a good time in the field with it. Some of you gray beards out there must remember you felt like you had died and gone to Predator Heven when you first pushed the old "Play" button and out came a big old "OWWWWWWWL!"
Now our friend ( and I believe he is a friend) Spanker has come along and decided ,based on what seems to be some extensive real deal field time ,to jump the drill up a notch. Not with the backing of Micro Soft or Dell ,but hands on his own way. He decided to do the RIGHT thing and have the component gear made right here in the good 'ol US of A.And he is taking the risk on ,and will reap the sorrow or the profits from his efforts.By God that is the American way and I say go for it Bro with all you got!

We would still be using single reed wood calls or spitting on the top of our wrists and sucking in, to do a mouse distress call if there had not been risk takers .Most of you hopefully know you can go at this game with a single shot rifle,a pocket knife and a squeeze toy squeaker from a stuffed toy ,wearing a Buffalo Plaid jacket , Carhart bib overalls and K-mart work boots driving a '72 Ford ( insert make of choice) pick up .

You can also attack it with a $2000 rifle ,$600 scope ,$500+ e- caller, scent blocker designer camo, cover scents, decoys, range finders, $400 binoculars, bi-pods,tri pods, steady sticks, $300 boots, a $200 knife ,cell phones,walkie talkies, 2M candle power spot lights , a $30,000+ SUV and more gear than the US Army put on the beach on D-day.
If ya don't play the wind right it wont make a Rats Azz any how.

My point is if some one wants to spend the $ on the toys ( and the wife has her 6 covered) and they have the disposable cash, they will spend it. And that will help move the technology to the next level.
That brings my ramble to what I think will come next:
A caller you hook up to your PC and directly down load sounds from a pre paid internet site. You register with a credit card to access the site.It is a site with unlimited sounds you can down load at will. They are legal ,in that they are owned by the site. Perhaps you pay a one time annual fee for unlimited access, or you pay for so many hits on the site. ( you get an access code) . You can customize your calls for various sets ,you can try new calls when ever you want.Want the sound of a gut wounded zebra? , a crow fart? What ever, there they are down load away.. Next day change them if you wan to. Lets see I sell 2000 units at what ever the market will bear, I charge $75 a year to register to access the site. $75 X2000 is ...well you get the point. Heck I'll make my money on the site access and selling site advertising and sell the units at a little over cost ,just to get the units out in the field.

Better yet..Remote down load in the field.Heck if I can get a cell phone call in the middle of no where,and or get e- mail and hook up to the internet with a remote connection what can't I dial up the web sit ,select my sounds ,down load and hit the trail.?
My guess is the technology is already there and beyond. But until some brave sole is willing to take a risk to see just how far out the envelope is ,and who is willing to pay how much for what ,we wont know.

Personally I wish there was a way to prevent any one from purchasing an E- caller until they could document that they have had a hand call freeze to there lips while trying to shoulder a single shot rifle with a fogged up scope as a hard charging yote was coming for dinner. It would help keep some of what has evolved in this sport over a relatively very short period of time in some perspective. Guess the same could be said about a lot of things.

Any how Spanker ,your doing our sport a service with your efforts.And for those that think its going to cost to much the answer is simple ...don't buy it. Or better yet lets ask Spanker to issue some stock and if all you folks think this is a sure thing you can purchase some, share in the risk, and the profit if there is any. and perhaps lower the product costs .

God I love this Country!!

Hay Spanker If any of those ideas interest you e- mail me at [url=mailto:eek:hackled@rochester.rr.com

Overly Hacked: WOW. where the heck did you come from and where have you been.
Their is nothing better than a been their and done it kinda guy.
Your post is without a doubt the best I could have ever read.I will be emailing you for some of your opinions. Another thing,keep these Ideas to yourself until you share them with me first.
I will email you the end of next week.
Mind boggeled.
Predator Spanker

Just to give you guys an update as promised.
Today Monday 1-13-03 we received our production samples of our keypads. We went through several passed due to buttons makeing noise tactical feel,etc.
We have been working on membranes for 6 + months
and now we have the real thing. If it passes or testing, callers will be released on time.
We still will not take orders until everything is 1000% tested.

I'm glad you are taking your time to get it right. A small detail like the keypad might not sound like much to someone without experience using a remote based caller. But to anyone who DOES have a lot of experience with them, it's an important detail. The ability to use the remote effectively, WITHOUT having to look at it, is one of the details that will make a difference in how many coyotes you kill over time. Having to look down at the remote is movement and taking your eyes off the ball that I guarantee lowers your odds on a stand.

- DAA

Overly Hackled,

Great post! You got me to laughing out loud with the list of basic stuff including a squeeker from a squeeze toy. Golly, the flat out best mouth blown call I've ever used was swiped from a little kids's blue rubber elephant. That squeeker voice rests on a basalt lava rock on a rimrock bench above the Columbia River, beside traces of the extra large coyote dog it called in. Forgot I'd laid it down and walked off carrying the coyote. When they mandated child safe squeekers (in the 70's I think) and made toys so you couldn't pry the voice out, they sure killed a fabulous source of calls. I hadn't heard of anyone else using them till now, but I've never hung much with other callers.

With a totally useless scope once, I lined up the corners of my scope mounts and shot at a coyote I'd lip squeaked within 30 feet in deep snow. Missed but not by much. I get better squeaks by sucking on my lower lip against my teeth. Hey, don't knock it. Several black bears, coyotes, bobcats, grey and cross foxes were satisfied.

On price, another factor sometimes ignored is the volume of units produced. Sure, Dell sells a lot more whiz bang electronics for the money but the computer and nearly all of the components in it are mass produced by the gazillions. If Spanker sells a few million units the price could probably come down to compare with a portable CD player. Yet if that many hunters buy an e-caller, where would we find a bush that didn't have a caller already behind it?

DAA, I'm glad you understand the significance of detail. After all that is what gives one guy the edge over other. I'm also thankful their are guys out their that are perceptive eknuff to see beyond the bottom line etc.
I will guarantee, that whoever buys one of our callers will be buying one of the most thought out products ever made. As well as one of the most tested.
Spanker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back