New commercial E-Caller ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
ape.gif

Will it come with some sort of lanyard or carrying strap? The JS does have a shoulder strap, but some of the others don't. I would think that a lanyard or some other strap would be very useful. Carrying a gun, shooting sticks, etc. can be tough so a strap/lanyard attached to the caller to hang around your neck or over your shoulder would be beneficial. Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Thanks,

Rusty

For those of you who own and use Mr. Jimmy Stewarts e-caller. How loud do you keep your volume, and under what conditions do you increase it. I haven't had any luck with mine yet, and I was curious.
Also-do you extend your speaker away from the player or do you leave it in the bag? I love this thing, I just don't know if I am usung it correctly.

Baboom: Volume is trial and error. Start with lower volume on a still day and increse in windy/loud weather. Your best to keep speaker away from your location. Thats why we have remote control for our caller the Loudmouth. I think JS has a remote control up grade also. Check out
all predator calls.com look at JS products.Your better not using eknuf volume than to much is all I can say. Good luck.

Spanker

Wow!! Glad to hear a fellow pa'n is breaking into the e-caller busines.
I've never been able to find a caller to suit all my needs but this one sound like the one!!!

Until now I wasn't interested in investing anymore $$ into a caller. The caller I'm currently useing is homemade consisting of a sony Discman & 15 watt Advent wireless speaker with a few personal touches that enable me to control volume and change sounds from a max distance of 75-100 yards, depending on the terrain.
Now it seems like the caller I've been looking for has arrived.

Predator Spanker.... I see that your just a stone throw away... I live in lebanon, just around the corner. Feel free to contact me if you need another field tester.

E-Mail address: renhoz3@comcast.net

Predator Spanker:
Say what kind of sound quality are we going to be exspecting from the Loudmouth, comparable to the FoxPro or comparable to the Wildlife Tech

Howler: The sound quality is the same as the FP,it has the same sound chip.
The WT uses a mp3 player and does have clearer sound. The WT caller is a off the shelf amp, battery and mp3 player and horn speaker. you could buy all the components yourself and make the same thing. I have one, I know what it is.
They have good sounds, that's about it.
Fact is, I would buy a FP over the WT if you can't wait for our caller.
The WT weight is unreasonable also.
Howler, the fact is the sound quality will not make any differance when it comes to hunting.
WT pushes that noncense and bad mouths everyone that doesn't go along with it. Don't but into it!
Remember you can play a mp3,CD and cassette player through our caller.

Spanker

Spanker, When you get your website up and running will you have any demo sounds and functions available to evaluate? Where I live specialty retailers are few and far between. I have to rely on catalog, or internet most of the time, even though I don't like buying from just a picture and descrtiption. Phooey

Hey Predator Spanker,
So your the other guy....
Have you ever done any calling near or around the fort indian town Gap area?

~PaGhost~

Hey predator spanker, I think your a value to this forum with or without your caller. Some folk won't be interested or understand your passion. I have read all of your posts and know this is not how you intended to market your product, however I think you've done a great job going with the flow. I also know that having a product ready for the market in the next few weeks you probably sacrafice a lot of what little idle time you have. Hell, I bet you haven't got much calling in either. Take everything with a grain of salt and thanks for raising the bar in the calling industry.

Wayne, I wouldn't post sample sounds on your web site if I were you. Johnny Stewart posted a bunch of samples once a couple years ago, for a short time. Now, practically the whole JS library is floating around on the 'net for free.

You could make the samples super short, or degrade the quality, to make them not worth stealing. But then they wouldn't reflect very well on your product.

- DAA

Predator Spanker--I have a question or two I'd like you to answer if you would please. I think I remember you saying the sound loops you have available to be loaded on the sound cards will be about 30 seconds in length. How many of these sound loops will fit on one of your sound cards? The thing I'm really searching for here is will your sound card hold as many or more sound loops as the 32 sound FoxPro chip with its approximately 15 second sound loops? Thanks for your attention to these questions.

Silverfox: Our sound cards have a total of 8 sounds blocks all of which have 30 seconds of space.
Their is a total of 4 minutes on the sound card that is divided. You cannot have one sound for 4 minutes or for that matter you cannot have anything but 8 sounds at 30 seconds.
In the future I will make available a sound card that can have 8 minutes of total sound divided into 30 seconds which will give you 16 sounds.
Their will be advancements in the future.
I will always use the removable sound cards, and I will stick to 30 second sounds.

Predator Spanker

DAA: Your are the first of seven people to give me that advice today. I will only make available a few sounds that are samples with the idea that guys can HAVE them for their use. Kinda like going to the walmart and getting free cheese samples. Thanks for the valuable advice!!!
Spanker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back