New .17 winchester super mag RIMFIRE

lol.gif

Smokeless.

I have a 17AH if you want to pull the trigger on it a few times. I'll warn ya though... That's about all it takes to get hooked. The HH wouldn't be any different except the dies are about 150 bucks cheaper.

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeNice cat RP, female is it ?

Nope,,, a young Tom.
Had nutz about the size of Stevo's.
I'll post a pic in the morning for comparison.
grin.gif

Oh come on, enough of the lies already........ That cat had to have bigger seeds than that!

Originally Posted By: FurhunterSmokeless.

I have a 17AH if you want to pull the trigger on it a few times. I'll warn ya though... That's about all it takes to get hooked. The HH wouldn't be any different except the dies are about 150 bucks cheaper.

Furhunter, I'll have to talk to you some time about the 17,s. I'm not there yet but I'm getting interested a bit. No 17 rim fires for me.

lovin the drop! I'm all about flat shooting. When bustin jacks there is no time to calculate range and drop, it is point and click before it runs off!

Mr. Catshooter, I am refering to the American made model 70,92,94,95,etc.Of the which are very hard to find at reasonalbe rates.Very high quality firearms.From personal issues with Remington, trigger on my 700,feed issues with my model 7, just my personal experieces.I know they have been and are a quality firearms manufacture,and I am still a fan especially of their shotguns.Concerning Winchester, I have handled the Japanese built guns and they are of exceptional fit and finish, the semi-auto, Benelli/Browning look-a-like also are very well made.The price points on all I have looked at start at $1000.

Originally Posted By: Wallbass45Just found this,check it out!!
thumbup.gif

I like how he compared the new 17 WSM to a 22 hornet shooting a bullet that was over twice as heavy. If he felt the hornet case was in the same class why didn't he compare it to the 17HH which is actually a closer apples to apples using the same bullet than the 22.

What a tool..... You guys just seen nothing but a paid advertisement.

Watched the video, paid advertisement,yes.Truthful?The same as a .22Hornet for less cost? The downrange energy facts say no.Trajectory and wind deflection look good.

Originally Posted By: missedshotMr. Catshooter, I am refering to the American made model 70,92,94,95,etc.Of the which are very hard to find at reasonalbe rates.Very high quality firearms.From personal issues with Remington, trigger on my 700,feed issues with my model 7, just my personal experieces.I know they have been and are a quality firearms manufacture,and I am still a fan especially of their shotguns.Concerning Winchester, I have handled the Japanese built guns and they are of exceptional fit and finish, the semi-auto, Benelli/Browning look-a-like also are very well made.The price points on all I have looked at start at $1000.

Funny - I can buy brand new "American made" M-70 Winchesters any day of the week.

Quote:From personal issues with Remington, trigger on my 700,feed issues with my model 7, just my personal experieces.I know they have been and are a quality firearms manufacture,and I am still a fan especially of their shotguns

I think Remington is a quality firearm also. Great wood, quality action, and accurate barrel. Did you have issues with the rem trigger group?

Well I bought a Rem 700 VTRin .17 Fireball last winter and it will definitely be my last Rem.

The action binds on the round and
I get deep gouges/scrapes on the side of cases.

But, I am biased though, I am used to the finest.....my SAKO 75ss.....

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeRems used to be quality , seems to be less all the time.

Seems like this is the trend with a lot of products, and that's why I bought a 722 a couple months ago. Almost 60 years old, but in almost new condition. The same action as the 700 anyway, so it's as good as new as far as I'm concerned. Besides 60 yrs is yesterday in gun years.

Mr.Noveske Crusader, I opted out on the .17 Fireball in the model 700 because of early feed issues.My brother-in-law has one in .221 Fireball that feeds just fine.In response to my 700 with trigger issues, a factory trigger pull twice the weight of the rifle is unacceptable, circa 1990 Remington 700ADL in .308.The new factory triggers are much improved.

The older Remington triggers are LEAPS AND BOUNDS better then the current. You just need to know how to work them. I will take an original Walker over the new XMark Pro any day. The regular XMark isn't bad, pull wise, but the materials aren't the same quality.

Originally Posted By: missedshotMr.Catshooter, my point exactly, they stopped making them. Sometimes I don't comunicate very well I'm told.My appologies please.

I'm not sure WHAT your point is - Winchester has a plant in Columbia South Carolina and is making M-70s right now.

They opened the plant in 2008, after the plant in New Haven was closed because of union strike problems.

Where have you been for the past 5 years??

(I will agree that you do not communicate very well)

Back