need hunters for unhunted area texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried to keep my mouth shut but this is bothering me. at first you just wanted someone to hunt with. then came the 300 bucks per night with 3 night minimum. then a little later you added 200 bucks per night for your TIME? hahahahahahhahahaha. sounds like you came to texas to go hunting and are trying to make some money off people while you are here. i call this post bs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif texas would be a better place if you stayed where you are

Quote:
texas would be a better place if you stayed where you are

+1
SW of Midland...getting pretty close to some land I hunt. Now I'm getting a little nervous for the protection of the property I hunt.
This is a prime example of why people don't share where they hunt.
There affraid somebody is going to come in and lease it out from under them, just to turn around and sub-lease it to some other ya who that has already been kicked off many other ranches.

1 bad hunter gives us all a bad name and locks us all out of that land.

I feel the same way DCP, somebody coming to texas for a free hunt. I just don't see how anybody with any sense would pay $1000 to hunt with someone that has never hunted on new property. Much less with someone that lives in PA. Randy, I know you spend time scouting...this is why people pay $300...for the extra time that goes on a true Texas Hunt! I don't guide, but I take several people hunting every year just for the fun of watching the excitement of new hunters. I do not charge the people that I take and I have some of the best hunting in West Texas....Enough Said.

unless somebody is a professional outfitter (insured recognized with high recommendation i.e Randy Watson )that price is exorbitant. Texas Rocks!!!

Doesn't this thread violate a TOS of some kind Randy? Or is he a paid advertiser?

If guys like Randy and Rusty aren't guiding, other people will be. One way or another it is a "Pay" kind of deal and it, the Internet, the videos and all the demos at sporting goods stores are all contributing to its popularity. No body thinks that what they are doing is wrong in the whole scheme of things so every one is pointing their finger at someone else. Like everything in our capitalist society, predator hunting is becoming a market driven industry. In the good old days it was fur hunting and ADC work. You fur hunted in the winter and then worked on any problems ranchers had in the spring and summer. Enjoying it was just a bonus. Now it has been made and marketed as "sport" a term I despise.

Then, daily, here on the good old Internet we see people preaching, "We need to introduce more people to predator calling!! It is good for the sport!" I say to hell with that!! Let them be content with shooting deer and pheasants and all that crap. Go introduce them to dove hunting for crying out loud!! LOL They are just fine on that side of the fence that way they can call me to get rid of the "pests." LOL

I am as guilty as any one I guess. I paid a trespass fee one time also but will never do it again. I really don't think that it will become much of a problem guys. Randy is one guy and has over a million acres. Heck I am one of those "Gawddamned out of starters that educate every thing in his path" and have gained access to more ground than I could ever possibly hunt. Predator hunting may never be what it use too but I don't think it will get too bad.

I am like every one else in the fact that I think leasing for predator hunting is a bad idea because of my own selfish interests. But at the same time if every body else in the industry is trying to "make money" off of it you really can't blame the rancher. The ranchers just have to sit down, think and hopefully realize that the costs may out way the gains on this kind of a deal.

They also need to realize that it takes a hell of a lot more ground to be able to provide a quality hunt for predators than it does for deer or quail. Once or twice through a smaller 6 to 10 section ranch and the quality of hunting goes down hill quickly do to harvest and educated animals. If you don't have the right set up for night hunting in many parts of TX all you are going to get done is wise up animals. Day hunting, especially this year with the tall grass in many areas really puts the odds in the coyotes favor. If you are not experienced or have the right tools for the job you will do more harm than good. Ranchers need to realize this and I think they will. It is just that the learning curve might put a few of us out of a place to hunt for a year or two.

Good hunting.

Q,

First off I will probably never get to hunt Texas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, but these pay to hunt deals are taking a lot of my hunting around here so it just pees me off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif. Soon I’ll have to give my next door neighbor ten bucks a ground hog I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Anyway I knew that this guy’s name sounded familiar so I search his posts and I’m sure I’m going to be on someone’s poop list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif for this but I just can’t help myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gifI’ve got to do it now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif I just can’t hold back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif.

Ok this could be you, picture yourself setup in the back of the smsnyder old Subaru on the bar stool for a thousand dollars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif a trip. With the new Head Force lighting system

copied and pasted from smsnyder earlier thread

MVC-150S-1.jpg

MVC-151S.jpg

When I first read this post I thought someone was just looking for a hunting partner then to fine out it is like a scam of sorts just pees me off also.

Randy you got my vote if I ever get to come to Texas I'm hunting with you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. Its one thing to pay a local man for his service knowledge and materials needed to hunt. It’s another to pay someone who has the gift of gab to take you on an exploratory hunt miles from their own state. Smsnyder being a car dealer I’m sure is full of the gift and that’s how he been able to talked his way on those ranches with a few dollar signs. So good luck smsnyder I was kind of disappointed we need to stick together to keep hunting free not just let it become a sport for only the rich. Teed off now got to go. Chris,

Last edited:
You fellas may be right on, however i have a different view of this thing. I dont think he's trying to make money of the hunt, i think he is trying to pay for his expenses in getting there in the first place so that he can hunt for free. Did like the pic of the uh.... uhhhh.... "high seat and head force light" .....
I stand with the rest of us west texas boys in being guarded about the ranches i hunt. I wont hesitate to take someone, but they better not ask who owns the property and how i got permission and whatnot. Ive lost a few places because I gave away information and it bit me in the keister. Ive also done a little guiding kinda like randy although on an informal basis. To me it wasnt worth the hassle. Randy must do it out of the love of the sport. Cuz he [beeep] sure aint getting rich doing it. And just how the heck can someone from PA proclaim to be an ad hoc guide on a west texas ranch he has never set foot on?? and to pay 200.00 for the use of your equipment?? cmon man, get real.

Cxpi, I don't need the money. Just sold my business for 3/4 million. First of all this is NOT the high seat or set up we will use. Second the property i speak of is private and never hunted before. 25 sqare miles is a lot of property. the whole think don't work unless you have a proper high seat and numerous nightforce lights and know how to call. Futhermore, you need a driver for the vehicle and MUST know the property. My services are basicly free/just covering my costs. The $995.00 goes to the rancher not me. I just figured someone wanted to take me up on this offer and have some fun. If not no big thing. Apparently this is a good area because numerous posters are worried this area being close to there areas. Reality is ranchers due and will charge tresspas fees to hunt. I don't blame them. Taxes are not free. I have seen randy's predator high seats from his web. Good set up and my rancher has the same set up. CXP1, i have been in texas alot and done alot of predator hunting. In fact i hunted one year outside Midland TX 5 times there in 5 months.

Last edited:
YEP, THAT'S ME a guy who knows nothing about texas predator hunting. LOL By the way this does not violate anything. i am just covering my airfare, equiptment expense and experience cost. Heck i got $6000.00 in lights, calls and other gear i need to ship down. By the way i love hunting south texas for predator but its a little harder to hunt because its thick. West texas is more open country. I love hunting cats. In fact i only need one cat to complete my SCI grand slam of cats around the world award. A lynx will do it.

Last edited:
quote "Reality is ranchers due and will charge tresspas fees to hunt"

no the reality is they DO NOT CHARGE to hunt but they will start charging because people like you are too lazy to do a little foot work and just pay absurd amounts to hunt animals the ranchers want dead anyway. the reality is if you had asked this ranchers neighbor if you could hunt there would have been a 50-50 chance atleast for him to say "sure, just don't shoot my cows." but now this rancher is gonna tell his neighbor some jackarse from penn. paid him like 5 grand to hunt COYOTES. HAHAHAHAHAHA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I guess i'm glad you can throw money away. some rancher is laughing as much as i am about screwing a car salesman. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

good thing you told him you were a car salesman and not a lawyer, or he'd have charged you 10 grand!

?? SM you said earlier it is 995. and you get 200. for your "services"..... in the above post you stated you are giving the 995. to the land owner.... let me tell you, 3 people ... 3000.00 to the landowner to hunt cats and yotes that is unreal... it would not be worth the money if you lived IN texas, let alone if you have to add travel costs into that..... I love to hunt predators as much as the next guy... and i have taken guys out using my own equipment, with me calling and all i ask is for a full tank of gas and a little grub .... thats a deal... not 1000. each. although ... i could win money with funniest home videos with the "head force" on video... lmao

Every rancher ive talked to said "sure just give me a call when you go. If I was 20 years younger I'd go with you." I hate seeing the hunting sports bastardized by profiteering, but thus is the state of free trade. I personaly would not pay anymore than the fees for licenses and tags to legally hunt that keep the gamewardens in the field to help conserve our wildlife resources.

Tresspass fees, governer tag fees, landowner tags are nothing new. It's been going on for years and as rancher expenses go up so will the hunting fees. Yotehunter74, Before you say this rancher fees are unreal you better look at what the outfitters on this site charge? There three day hunts are over $3000.00 for there days three guys. Heck, try to book a bobcat hunt in Maine, Canada etc. $2000.00 Randy knows how expensive equiptment is. trucks, gas, build high seat, insurance, lodging, cook, driver, calls, lights etc. hunting texas at the present time is cheap. If you don't have the contacts and equiptment you might as well stay home.

Last edited:
Chris and dcp, you guys made me laugh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif And you are right.

5 times in 5 months!! Oh well, then you are experienced, it takes me a week sometimes to hunt 5 times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Also, Snyder, you are very close to violation. You cannot promote your guiding service, if you are not a paid advertizer, which you are not. You are wanting to charge for your guiding, whether it's to cover cost or whatever, it's charging. Take any idiots that want to spend that kind of cash to hunt Texas with a car salesman form pennsylvania to private e-mail. If not, I'll have to obey the rules that I've let slide and shut it down.
I also see what look a lot like Bobcats in your pictures, and if they are, why do you need to kill one for your "sci grandslam"?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif AND if you are gonna' be shooting, it sounds like the paying customer may get to watch??

If you spent $6000.00 on lights and calls,(and gear) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gifPLEASE come hunt with me...I can use some of that cash, and I'll give you a special deal. Heck I even live on a small ranch you can just come pay me a few thousand to hunt. Special pricing will include vaseline!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
In fact if you do make it down, call me, I'd love to meet you face to face. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Randy

ok, than e mail me foxpro51@comcast.net. 1st area 60 sq mile area. 2nd place 25 square mile area. just got one today 22 square mile area. they call them sections in texas. My calling services are FREE. Just pay the ranchers who property i get us on.. Tips accepted.( Randy is that better.) By the way i do have a ton of cash to invest in new trucks etc. and lots of free time. I would like to meet you. Please due e mail me asap. I could be in texas to meet you within hours.

Last edited:
yeah you are close... there are tons of guided hunts for exactly what you said.... but 6 days.. 1500.00 includes guide, hounds, lodging, 3 meals a day, and trophy care... from a MAINE guide... this would be no different than me paying Randy 300.00 to guide me in Pennsylvania... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif you may hunt there several times a year, but you are NOT in the same league as a professional texas guide.... i could go and hunt texas cats and yotes for a fraction of what you are asking, and 95% of that would be travel expenses. if you were a professional texas guide it may be different... I guide cat hunts here, and do it for free you pay for gas because i enjoy doing it.... I have taken a couple kids out who were drawn for tags and did it free. not trying to start anything jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back