need hunters for unhunted area texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
jim, i talked to lone star today and we are sending you several items for your web site auction. any questions just e mail me. thanks EARL

Quote:
Heck i got $6000.00 in lights, calls and other gear i need to ship down.

With all do respect how about buying a $150-$200 digital camera to shoot the photos of those criters with?

Good idea. It's funny you asked about that . I just talked to dillon from foxpro about that. They needed a good unit to take video of hunts and i suggest the Lone Star Field Product Rest. I hooked him up with my people at the shot show. They are at the law inforcement booth. Great long range shooting and tactial product. Futhermore, a camera can be mounted very easy. Thanks for asking, i am one step ahead.

SMS,
I don't need a rifle rest, but if ya have any extra cash laying around, I'll take it,lol

WTH, I'm a struggling taxidermist, I'm not too proud to beg. Just ask my girlfriend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

smsnyder,

I have to say a few things. The first problem people have with this post is you ask if anybody wants to go to texas to hunt. Thats not the case your charging people for "your services". You are on the wrong forum to be tooting your horn about how good of a caller/hunter you are. People call in cats,coyotes and foxes on here everyday. Heck I have called in three bobcats this season in Utah. Now im not bragging about it just saying anybody can call in cats. Ask around there are alot of bobcats here but calling one in is alot harder than other places. Sure Texas,Arizona has alot of bobcats but they dont have the hound hunters like we do in Utah.

Second problem I have is you start spouting off about your money. Im happy for you to have made that much money. Im sure you deserve it. But you just came off in a cocky attitude about it. Then you start talking about your grand slam on cats. Once again thats awesome that you are that close to your grand slam. But its the way you presented it. (on the side for somebody who wants to see a mediocre Mt Lion mount) I hope you didnt pay big bucks for that Mt Lion mount, nothing personal by the way. And last but not least, you say you have to have "6,000.00" worth of stuff to make this land productive. I call BS on that! Granted I have never hunted in texas but Im betting you take me or anybody else down there in the daytime and we could be productive. Heck I will do it with Tweety and Syco Tweety and my gun, not thousands of dollars in ecalls, high chairs and lights We dont spotlight in Utah so daytime is all we have. Give me that much land I will put fur down and if not I will still have a great time trying. So I will go now and prepare for another FREE hunt I dont have to pay some "Fee" for on our great big FREE vast public land. Hope I didnt ruffle any feathers.

P.S. I dont know why this bothered me so much as I would never pay to predator hunt, but man Im all fired up. I need a beer!

Aside from the acting in the capacity of a professional hunter and guide, paying the land owner for the land, etc.

Here is the other big issue I have with all of this train wreck:
Opening line of thread:
Quote:
Any one want to join me on a bobcat and coyote night hunt in texas feb, march. New unhunted area in texas. I do the calling you do the shooting. Email me at fox@#$@##@comcast.net for details. Night hunts

12 hours later:
Quote:
the guy is chargeing me $300.00 per person per night to hunt. I will have use of a high seat and I have all the lights etc. Good area for bobcats and coyotes. minimum 3 nights.

3 days later:
Quote:
no $995.00 for 3 nights per person includes food, lodging, all gas plus $200.00 per night split to pay me for my time. heck, my airfare will be $300.00.

4 days from the beginning:
Quote:
ok, than e mail me fox@#$%$#@@comcast.net. 1st area 60 sq mile area. 2nd place 25 square mile area. just got one today 22 square mile area. they call them sections in texas. My calling services are FREE. Just pay the ranchers who property i get us on.. Tips accepted.

SOOoo, you weren't disclosing you were charging, then you did, then you admited you expected $200 (don't know if this is per man or not) on top of the "fee" you are paying the rancher, then back to free, but tips are accepted? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Who’s to say he’s paying anybody a fee. He might be just padding his own pocket he is a used car dealer after all. I’d have to see the money go into the rancher hand before I'd believe it. Sorry I said I'd stay out of this in a early post but I can't stop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif. Chris,

Last edited:
Quote:
SMS,
I don't need a rifle rest, but if ya have any extra cash laying around, I'll take it,lol

WTH, I'm a struggling taxidermist, I'm not too proud to beg. Just ask my girlfriend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yote fashion: He raises up and begs for it, she rolls over and plays dead.

Ok, I have been following the post since the beginning. Even if the guy is a little shady, I did a little search for predator hunts in my area, west Texas and he is actually reasonably priced for what I found in the area.
Ranch 1-$300 per day per person (pp) no food or lodging
Ranch 2- $750 pp, 3 day min.
Ranch 3-$1395 all inclusive 2 day, trophy fee for bobcat
Ranch 4-$2400 per hunter, 2 day, meals and lodging, only 1 bobcat per hunter
Ranch 5- $1000, 2 days, lodging and meals, average 2-4 coyotes a day
Ranch 6-$1750 per hunter for 2 night hunts, meals and lodging
-$1850 per hunter for 2 evening and 2 morning hunts, meals and lodging
None of the ranches seemed to have a lot of calling experience, photos, etc. on predators. They specialized in deer, pronghorn, aoudad, so I wouldn't even consider using the mentioned ranches. So I don't really see why people are jumping on him for charging such a "high price". I have been turned down by ranches for predators because they charge people to hunt them. If people are willing to pay these prices, things are only going to get worse. I personally would never pay to hunt them. But everything that breathes down here seems to have a price tag on it. Heck I even found a place that charged people $300 pp for shooting jackrabbits.

BINGO, Bighornbob you are correct. $300.00 per night including food, place to stay, high seat truck ,all gas and calling equiptment, unlimited predators is reasonable. The only things you better watch out for are 1. Are predators there? 2. Does outfitter or guide have experence to call them in? Cites permits are a pain but at present time required in texas. Predator licence is cheap in Texas. Randy's prices are really a bargin for the experience he has and equiptment he uses. But on the other side of the coin, hunts like this CAN be done on your own if you are a good caller and have the land/high seat truck etc. Most people would go with Randy just because of his experience and creditability. $300.00 to shoot jackrabbits. OUCH There fun as heck with a shotgun but not for those $$$$. You can fill your truck up with jacks in Texas. Texas rabbit hunting would give the eastern beagle/dog a heart attack. p.S I am not charging that the rancher's are. Jephs422, A reader is a Leader. Helipilotm, i need a beer to. My eyeballs are hurting . Bighornbob , i killed a nice Aoudad in your area. Nice part of Texas.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe so many guys on here would not pay to hunt.

If that was all I had avaliable I would pay to hunt in a heart beat!

I love to hunt and all my recreational money would go for fees if that is what it took.

Well off for my free hunt tonight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hammer

I have family in the areas of Texas that you have mentioned and was down there for 2 weeks in november to harvest cotton.Is it hard to gain axcess to hunt coyotes in these areas ? No.I have seen ads in pawn shops in Hobbs NM begging people to come shoot hogs for nothing.I have been hunting in some of the areas a countys that you have mentioned for 15 year and have plenty of land to hunt on and havent paid anything.My family has axcess to a lot of land,I think I going to resign from my job and start guiding preditor hunts

I'm right here... where are you?? Longevity is not a reason to lock a thread. This one will die if people will just quit adding to it. There's really nothing else to be said. Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back