Misting

That in itself is living proof anything can and in time will be improved upon.

Somewhat like in the 50's when I used a fresh killed rabbit as an attractant. Now we have misting and the Minaska all in one caller with decoy. What will they think of next.

Danny, actually it isn't all that simple. The more you understand about it the more complex it becomes. You, Leonard and the other Ca guys have a different expectation for the results of your mist. You try to stop a coyote long enough to punch out it's headlights, usually at night and often at longer ranges. I need to keep a coyote close for long periods of time, often in thick cover and make it expose itself. The original formula just doesn't do that. Sorry, Leonard.
At the risk of offending you, let me ask you why you think the misting works to stop a coyote that is also smelling you?

Rich, don't worry about offending me buddy, I come here to have fun and exchange thoughts. I'm to darn old to be offended if you know what I mean, and I know you do lol.

When I first posted about using this technique, I used words like confuse and maybe tricking a coyote nose. I think the coyotes curiosity factor alone can bypass the human smell factor if it sounds and smells good enough. All I know is misting works the way I use it and I'm sure it works for you too. I just try to make it simple as I can.

To find out the real truth, you'd have to get that from the coyote himself. I don't think that's going to happen in the near future, so we'll have alot more to talk about huh lol.........Good hunting and God bless.

Quote:
Gezzz, no secert formula, it's so simple. 50% coyote urine, 50% rabbit urine, mix it with 50% water and strain it a few times to make sure it don't clog up the sprayer.

50%+50%+50%=150% Dang, that is the same percentage my boss uses to describe my effort at work....lol! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bomba, great to see you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

"To find out the real truth, you'd have to get that from the coyote himself. I don't think that's going to happen in the near future, so we'll have alot more to talk about huh "

Danny, we will certainly have plenty to talk about for a long while because a great deal is known about the coyote, "real truths" that were gotten directly from the coyote and it will continue to happen in the near future just as it has in the recent past and continues in the present.

Hey Bomba, haven't heard from you in awhile. How's the water? Lil Beaver says "How".

Back