Merry Christmyth/Winter Solstice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: azmastablastaWilly, this forum, COTPT, the one you're posting on is not a hunting forum. It is an open forum to discuss at will anything we wish. You sound a little sensitive there snowflake. Maybe you should restrict your viewing to the other sub forums that don't scare your genteel feelings so bad. MmmKKK newbie? It's painfully obvious you ain't ready to run with the big dogs yet, and you know the view from a pup's viewpoint at the back of the pack is always the same. I'm just sayin.

Thank you for replying in a respectful manner at least.

Typical snowflake pup, come stormin in to the discussion for the first time ever, screamin at the top of your lungs, insisting that only your viewpoint matters and everyone one here, who has been here posting in a like manner before you were born are completely ignorant and you expect to be treated with dignity and respect. LOL, someone needs to swat you on the snout, rub your nose in it and chain you up back outside until you learn a little manners. You must be a member of #BLM since you believe respect is owed not earned.

Swampy have you read about the event as told in the Bible? This is where you need an open mind because if you already have your mind made up that you can't gain knowledge you won't.

Jesus didn't need any help.The ability to destroy everything was His.He chose not to.
You see,the Angels didn't like what was happening either.
It tells about it all in the Bible.

It took me a long time to understand why it was necessary for things to happen as they did.

Jesus defeated death.To do that He first had to die.
Jesus Death and Resurrection I believe is the greatest thing ever to happen.

People are still talking about it.

almost forgot what I was missing out on here... think I'll pull up a chair for about a minute...

knfut_zps6091840d.gif

Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTRI'll leave this tidbit from Raphael Lataster, he is a lecturer in religious studies at the University of Sydney. He is author of There Was No Jesus, There Is No God............

Apparently, Raphael Lataster's peers at the Sydney University don't even support him. This link disqualifies everything you wrote in that prior post.

http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2014/12/24/4154120.htm

Happy New Year!

Amen, it's certainly not in our hands. And to say the least if they're looking for a nice, warm, fuzzy and comfortable religion, Christianity isn't it. Personally I believe atheism is the lazy man's religion.

No where in the scriptures are we told we must attend church? Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together,as the manner of some is, but exhorting one another, and so much more as you see the day approaching.

Originally Posted By: FursniperOriginally Posted By: IAyoteHNTRI'll leave this tidbit from Raphael Lataster, he is a lecturer in religious studies at the University of Sydney. He is author of There Was No Jesus, There Is No God............

Apparently, Raphael Lataster's peers at the Sydney University don't even support him. This link disqualifies everything you wrote in that prior post.

http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2014/12/24/4154120.htm

Happy New Year!

Yep, and the author of your little linked article is an over the top christian aopoligist, therefore very skewed, therefore disqualifies your whole attempt at any type of valid rebuttal. Typical.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
Sometimes there are advantages to ignoring posts like this, then there are opportunities for Christians to do their part and receive compliments.

Matthew 10:32-34 (NIV) Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven. Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Matthew 5:11 (NIV) Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

Old Cat, the point is, we are not told, anywhere in scripture, that in order to have eternal salvation we MUST attend church. And that's a good thing because there are a lot of people in this world who live in places where a church is simply not available. Is it a good thing to go to church regularly? Absolutely, I can't speak high enough of the value of fellowship of like minds.

Fursniper, once again, a slam dunk, thank you.

Also, there is still one important request outstanding. Yotecallr, here it is Sunday afternoon. Seems there's been ample time to discuss the request with a mentor/pastor. You have basically stood up and told the crowd that it your way or the highway. You stood up and shoved your big, broad shoulders into the fray and decided to represent the Apostolic denomination to the world. After all this forum is read all over the world. Now hopefully you have not been of the mistaken impression that this will simply go away and suddenly everyone will simply believe your gaudy little flyer you posted. Don't feel too disappointed you don't have the answers, I've asked those same questions of a Pastor of an Apostolic church on one occasion and he simply looked at me with that deer in the headlight look, finally closed his gaping mouth, blinked a couple of times, then turned around and left. I couldn't help but wonder if God the Father struck him silent, I'm just sayin. So here's your chance Yotecallr, I tried the nice way to allow you to explain your stance. I simply cannot, in good conscience sit quietly by while someone attempts to mislead the Trinitarian God's people.

"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

"History I believe furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose. " — Thomas Jefferson to Baron von Humboldt, 1813

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites" –Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782.

"Rogueries, absurdities and untruths were perpetrated upon the teachings of Jesus by a large band of dupes and importers led by Paul, the first great corrupter of the teaching of Jesus."

"The clergy converted the simple teachings of Jesus into an engine for enslaving mankind and adulterated by artificial constructions into a contrivance to filch wealth and power to themselves...these clergy, in fact, constitute the real Anti-Christ."

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature."

SOURCE: Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

Well congratulations there swampy, you found one more guy on your side. Doesn't make either of you right but you've got another supporter. Use your time more wisely and check the other founding fathers. BTW who put that famous motto on money?

Oh BTW on the lighter side...I was in the P.O the week before Christmas in line waiting to mail a box. The blonde lady in front of me was trying to buy stamps for her Christmas cards I suppose. She said to the clerk, "May I have 50 Christmas stamps?" The clerk said, "What denomination?" The blonde lady said, "God help us. Has it come to this? Give me 6 Catholic, 12 Presbyterian, 10 Lutheran and 22 Baptists".

Swampy if your argument is that there is and has been people who were supposed to be Godly men who were in fact not I don't think there would be disagreement about that.
If you say that there has been terrible things done by these men that also is true.
If you put your faith in men you will always be disappointed.
Preachers are men. Some do a very good job.
At one time I held some of the same opinions you seem to hold.
I had some things happen that I could not bear alone nor could any man help me.
I found help in Jesus.
If I could look you in the eye I could tell you without blinking that Jesus helped me when there was no other help to be had.
You don't have to go through a priest.
If you are really sincere,and He knows if you are He will hear you.
Keep in mind that the answer may be no.
In my case at that time for some reason the answer was yes.
To think that all can be understood concerning Jesus and how He works would be arrogant.
It is easier for me to see Gods creation than to try and explain how all this happened without him.
Science and faith go hand in hand. One does not negate the other.
The further science progresses the more that is discovered that can not be explained except by creation.
I know that right now you have got your head set for some reason but some day you may find yourself in a situation that might cause you to find of use something someone has advised here.
If you will seek Him you will find Him.
Stiff necked pride will not serve you well.
Make use of what old men say. Many learned the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back