Merry Christmyth/Winter Solstice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically you aren't interested in debate, you're simply here to stir [beeep]! Correct?

Were you interested in debate, you wouldn't have everyone on ignore.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1So basically you aren't interested in debate, you're simply here to stir [beeep]! Correct?

Were you interested in debate, you wouldn't have everyone on ignore.

To be honest, yes, I like to stir the pot a little bit. Don't we all at times? Be honest in your response to the same question, ok? I don't have everyone on ignore, just a select few who I deem to be too stubborn to keep their minds open, at least partially, to others point of views.

Want to know the real basis of my beliefs? Which I'm sure most of you could care less about, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Please watch this 10 minute video if you dare. It pretty much nails my stance/beliefs on religion and faith. I know most of you will dismiss it, but maybe, just maybe, a few of you will be open minded enough and try to understand an atheist's point of view for a change. I feel I completely understand the religious point of view, I just don't agree with it.

YouTube - Ricky Gervais/Religion and Faith

Last edited:
Playing with fire can get you burnt. So what you don't understand is that be in the middle of the road is that you don't want to commit one way or the other. Kinda chickens hit is what I call it. But nevermind you wouldn't understand sacrifice being that your middle of the road. Ignore works both ways, Coward

I watched the video with an open mind. Some interesting a points and others which could easily be disproved.

I respect your point of view,but remember one thing. When it comes time to die,make sure that is all you have to do.

Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTRTo be honest, yes, I like to stir the pot a little bit. Don't we all at times? Be honest in your response to the same question, ok? I don't have everyone on ignore, just a select few who I deem to be too stubborn to keep their minds open, at least partially, to others point of views.

"Stir the pot a little bit" is one thing, what you did was commit a blatant attack on the religious beliefs of the majority of the members here, on the holiest of days in their religion. That's not stirring the pot. That's just downright rude, and incorrigible.

Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTRWant to know the real basis of my beliefs? Which I'm sure most of you could care less about, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Please watch this 10 minute video if you dare. It pretty much nails my stance/beliefs on religion and faith. I know most of you will dismiss it, but maybe, just maybe, a few of you will be open minded enough and try to understand an atheist's point of view for a change. I feel I completely understand the religious point of view, I just don't agree with it.

YouTube - Ricky Gervais/Religion and Faith

While the video does make a few points of logic, it doesn't assume there is any scientific basis in the teachings of the bible either. As far as the supposed not teaching anyone anything about religion until their 21st. birthday... The reason children are taught religion is because religion is steeped in morals. The same morals upon which the laws of our country are founded. The same morals upon which the laws of society in general are founded. We don't necessarily teach religion to make one's children believe in God, we teach religion to promote moral character and moral strength.

Could morals be taught without religion? Certainly... But, we all know children tend to do things when they aren't being watched, that they shouldn't do. And, entering an all seeing God into the picture, one that watches over us all of the time, helps teach children that the difference in right and wrong doesn't change just because your parents look the other way.

If we want to know whether that model would work in society, we need only to look at the problems in inner city America, caused by the decay of family values, and loss of religious conviction.

Yes, as both you and the video point out, there are a great many religions in this world, but most focus on one supreme being. Do they each differ in some way, yes... but most religions teach very similar lessons in morals. Do they all teach you that you're going to [beeep] for believing in a different a God?... To some extent, yes... But you're not supposed to be so narrow minded that you can't see many of those Gods as one in the same, when they all teach the same lesson.

You want science to back that answer... Why are there pyramids, temples of worship in South America that are extremely similar to those found in the middle east? If those temples were created by travelers that somehow managed to cross the oceans thousands of years before the first known crossing? Where is the evidence of such? Why do the temples worship different Gods? Sceintists don't know those answers, there are holes in science as well, it's not all black and white. Science in large part, tries to explain things through conjecture and theory. Both of which are simply beliefs...

Quote:
Definition of theory
plural - theories

1: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another

2: abstract thought : speculation

3: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art

4 a: a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action

Don't bother with him, Rocky. The only thing he deserves besides a response is a good old fashioned azz whooping. He just hasn't caught one yet. Just another keyboard liberal. I'd rather have Woody than this price of crapp. This one rates right there with Muslim.

Last edited:
I always find it ironic that an atheist uses science to try to prove there is no god. They would rather believe in a theory called evolution that completely contradicts actual science but "it's the best theory we got". I'll give you two examples. Something alive can't be created from something not alive. And it don't matter how many time my dogs have puppies they will never give birth to a cat. I do believe that If christians had as much faith as an atheist than the Christian faith would be spreading much more. I also think you have to wonder.... if a Christian is wrong what does he lose... and if an atheist is right what does he gain?

If there is no God where does the spark of life come from. (Any answer) OK where does that come from?
If a person keeps thinking backwards he must come to the realization that there is no other logical explanation except there is God.
Recently John Glen passed away.He did things and saw things in his life that few will ever experience in this life.
He is credited with saying something to the effect that no one could see what he had seen and not believe in God.
The works of God are so strikingly evident where ever you look I don't see how anyone can miss them.
All you have to do is look up from where ever you are standing and understand there is no end to what you see,ever.
And all this just happened,all by itself? Does that seem logical?

Easy fellas, this man is a near genius and drives a truck for a living. Noting wrong with truck drivers, most of my family drives a Peterbilt. But they dont claim to be geniuses. If I was that smart I would try to do something beneficial to mankind, but alas, I am only average.

I see it this way. The money given to the church and charities does a good work for the community. If there is no heaven and he is right, being charitable and Trying to be a better person costs me nothing. I end up dust just like him.

Now the kicker, since I serve a Living/Risen God, and accept him as my Lord and Savior I am bound for heaven. His place is not so inviting. Even without my faith, I would rather take a chance on being wrong as a Christian than an aitheust.

Now the kicker, since I serve a Living/Risen God, and accept him as my Lord and Savior I am bound for heaven. His place is not so inviting. Even without my faith, I would rather take a chance on being wrong as a Christian than an aitheust.

Agree Sandy - eternity is along time to be wrong about Jesus!

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaNow really and truly this really is a troll who deserves to be ignored. There is literally nothing he can say or do to have the slightest effect on any of us here. We can nip this in the bud by making sure every post he makes is a waste of his time. He obviously loved the attention his true idol was getting and wants to take limpwoodie's place. However we thought limpwoodie's IQ was low, but it was certainly at least double this guy's. I will not reply to anything this azzhat posts henceforth.

i said the same thing about the "tick" months ago yet people just could hold off and ended up HAVING to responde!!.
this troll needs to be completaly ignored.

I never could figure out why someone who was an atheist would care what anybody belived.why would he care one way are the other if when he died he just turned to mud and that is it.i bet the farm one day he will belive but it will be eternally to late for him.every knee shall bow and confess to god.im glad i bowed and excepted Jesus as my savior on this side of eternity.

Last edited:
I actually feel sorry for people like that guy.

You see, I have found that they are so bitter because they know they are wrong but are too cowardice to change. Double down and go for broke.

Here is the funny thing. I am HAPPY living a "Christian" life. He has made it clear that he is miserable and the only joy he has in his disbelief is mocking others for believing. But in the end, if I am right, I am saved and happy and he is in for some more misery. If HE is right, I still lived a happy life and lost nothing doing so. Him? He just dies.

You see, they are miserable because no matter what they end up with nothing and WE end up happy.

Irony at it's finest.

Originally Posted By: sqrlgtrI never could figure out why someone who was an atheist would care what anybody believed.

This is why...........

atheist%20creed_zpsfprpceao.jpg

I'm here for the very few who are open minded enough to consider the true nature of most religions. Got a few PM's from folks here who have thanked me for putting this out there. Those are the ones I'm here for. There are millions of us out there, like it or not. We're not going away any time soon. As a matter of fact we're growing at the fastest rate ever.

Please feel free to call me names, condemn me to your fantasy of [beeep], etc, pat yourselves on each other's backs to make yourselves feel better, I couldn't care less. It just shows your true "loving" and "forgiving" nature.
wink.gif
Mic drop. I'm out for now. Maybe I'll stop back by around Easter and help celebrate zombie Jesus with y'all.
lol.gif

because holy wars are being fought and eventually some moonbat will stumble upon a nuclear device. The last words spoken before detonating will inevitably be " God is great "

Being anti-Christian because of "holy wars"??????? REALLY? When were the Crusades??? While we are at it, WHAT was the purpose of the Crusades? Quick GOOGLE it because you have already proven your lack of actual knowledge.

As I stated, I am a FIRM believer in the freedom of each individual to choose for themselves. But to ridicule an entire religion because you feel morally superior for your lack of belief is just ignorant.

Again, if I am wrong in my belief, I have chosen to live a happy, caring life. And YOU want to ridicule me for that? REALLY???? What a sad existence you must have.

I'm not specifically anti Christian. I'm an antitheist., I tend to fight the same battles of many Christian's. Especially, the atrocities That occur in abortion clinics...Difference being, I do them solely because they're the right things to do and not to appease the "big boss" or avert a fate of udder annihilation. I've already excepted that. If you read the above, you'll see that I did not ridicule anyone. I just added on some points that Iowa had brought up. Lighten up. As this will all be over before you know it
wink.gif

It seems that some think salvation is attained through works.
Some seem to not understand the reason we have free will.
I guess if a person tries hard enough a person can deny himself as only he is able through mislead pride the truth that is evident requiring only the faith of a mustard seed.
I find myself lacking because I am inclined to let them go.
If a person is aware yet denies perhaps the burden is then laid at his own feet.
Personally I find that being mocked and ridiculed on behalf of Christ the greatest achievement of my mortal life to date.
If only I was worthy to be in such company as those both past and present who have been steadfast up to and including their very life on earth.

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerI'm not specifically anti Christian. I'm an antitheist., I tend to fight the same battles of many Christian's. Especially, the atrocities That occur in abortion clinics...Difference being, I do them solely because they're the right things to do and not to appease the "big boss" or avert a fate of udder annihilation. I've already excepted that. If you read the above, you'll see that I did not ridicule anyone. I just added on some points that Iowa had brought up. Lighten up. As this will all be over before you know it
wink.gif

My comments were directed at iaHater and not at you. I respect your right to choose. As stated, I believe strongly in free will.

What many non believers fail to recognize, is that as Christians we also do what is right not because we HAVE to or to appease GOD, but because it is the right thing to do. When I abstain from doing something contrary to my beliefs, I am often asked/told "oh, you can't do that because you are (fill in the blank)"? My response id always the same: No, I do it because I choose to/not to. PERIOD.

But lets get back to the OP issue. iaHAter has proven to be an antagonistic bigot for the sheer purpose of being an antagonistic bigot. He has the stupidity to even admit it.

There is NO defense to that. As I have stated, he is obviously a bitter person because of his choices. SAD.

And for the record, there very well could be a very bad thing done in the name of "god", but by your reference those words would be spoken in ARABIC by an extremist MUSLIM. AGAIN, back to the OP's issue, what does that have to do with Christmas???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back