Members leaving, deleted posts, locked down posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one question, Who owns this website and who has the last say? This board had to be the brainchild of someone, so who started it and who owns it today? I ask because I am confused from all the info I have read.

Rus

I give up...I leave this thread to the conspiracy theorists. I just hope that big foot doesn't zap them with his plasma pulse guns from his silent black helicoptor, beam them up and implant government issued tracking chips into their bodies.

Carry on fellas, carry on.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
I went and read some of the posts at the other sites, and its amazing how many of those guys think they are god gift to thie internet, hunting coyotes, and anything else that comes to mind. I say good riddance, i was taught long ago that issues of humility and being humble shows a man's intellingence far more than any thing else. Lets get back to the important stuff.

Well said!

Quote:
So I did more digging and found these posts. I am posting them here for everyone to see. I am sure that the mods will delete them because they don't want people to know this stuff. But I am under the assumption that it is true since they cannot/will not give me any answers. Kinda like pleeding the 5th trying to avoid self incrimination. Not that anyone is doing anything illegal, that is just a figure of speech. It seems to me there are some unethical things that are happening though.

http://www.huntmastersbbs.com/cgi/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001205

http://blogs.finsandfur.net/

Stoney- as you can see, they have not been deleted. As you may or may not see, that is one side of the story.

Do you find it interesting that prior to the thread you listed, that their had been no activity on that site for almost 2 weeks?

To answer Radd4's question:

Will Craig started the board, but did not own it. The board was owned by Tasha and Bill Gardner the partial owners of Extreme dimensions Predator calls. After Will's death Bill and Tasha kept PM going until after the first PM hunt in Globe. Shortly after the first hunt they made it clear that they were leaving the site but wanted PM to keep going. They gave us operating money made at the Globe hunt and set up Mike PAul and Jason el Paco as the site owners.

Jason and Mike and the moderators set-up the board rules as it related to moderators and Pro-staff numbers and the voting schedule. There was much talk at the time about rotating the staff positions and the need to keep the ownership rotating to reduce liability exposure from just a few. Jason and Mike legally owned the board, at that time it was believed they owned it because somebody had to for Tax and legal reasons.

Mike and Jason worked tirelessly for the board. And were glad to retain their positions through one voting cycle. But family pressure and job needs required both to step down. That is when Jim Champion and Randy Black were voted in by the moderaters to took over ownership of the board.

When this last voting cycle came around there was some real interest in the structure of the administration, Jim Champion stepped down, it should be noted that he would have won his position back by a virtual landslide if he hadn't chosen to leave. That left Randy Black as the only current owner of Predator Masters.

Keep in mind as I write this that it's not meant to offend anyone. These are my views and opinions alone.

For the majority that don't know most of us, we know each other or of each other in one shape or form. This is why it's difficult to see what is happening here. I do consider these guys freinds from here and HuntMasters despite recent events. Whether they feel the same, thats up to them.

From reading all that I have, I see that there are many misconceptions about what has happened, how PM operates or operated and what the rules are here. There are separate incidents that also seem to meshing together which is also causing misconseptions.

The first one that I'll talk about is what the term "owner" means in regards to being a PM owner. It really dosen't follow the traditional definition of what an owner means just by the fact that an owner can be voted out. Legally, for paper reasons however you are an owner. Now for most, I know that dosen't make much sense but we have come accustomed to it. As a group, it was set up like that with 2 owners so as to not allow one person control of the board. In the past, other boards have gone the way side just due to the one owner getting [beeep] and shutting it down. Clear as mud?

Now as far as Jim goes, he was not voted off but left on his own accord. If you read Jim's post on HuntMasters, he made that very clear. No one here wanted him to leave.

But why did he leave?

IMHO....Frustration!

During our discussions about potentionally starting a PM magazine those discussions were intense, heated and really coming up against a brick wall. Some think that the forums get pretty hot sometimes, you havn't seen nothing. The main sticking point was Lynn becoming an owner. Who's to blame? I think in this case, everyone involved!. There were questions that were asked and answered and questions asked and not answered. Theres also blame because of this type of medium and the communication associated with it. I'm sure most of you have found that out for yourselves a time or too. It's all in the interpretation of whats being said. I believe that's 99% of problems on message boards or at the least, how they start.

I think another part of his frustration is Jim feeling that Byron and Redfrog were trying to overtake the board for personal financial gain. Jim quoted from phone conversations that I was not a part of so I will not argue for or against them, I was not a part of that conversation. But I do believe that there are some intentions that were miscued. Most of these mods own businesses on here and other than a banner and links I really never have seen anyone of them beating a drum saying buy my video! or buy my call!

I wish Jim nothing but the best of success in whatever ever he choses to do. He's been a good freind, partner and has worked harder than anyone here to date to get PM were it is now.

Rules....

Every board has a terms of service in some shape or form. To what degree they enforce those rules is their right and at the least should be respected or don't post, it's that simple.

Some think just because it's the internet, they can do what they want, others because of their status in certain circles. We've always tried to treat everyone the same regardless of that. We've welcomed anyone for the most part that has came here.

When action has to be taken, it's not taken lightly. There always are repeated warnings, public and private. Once it gets that bad, then it's pulled into the mods forum for discussion and then it's voted upon by all moderators, not just admin. It's a far better system than most boards. If they don't like you, your gone, period.

Suspending or banning people who are your friends is tough. With the 3 recent suspensions, 2 of them are freinds. But with that being said, I would have the same respect for them if they were running a board.

And now with all that combined with Jim leaving, people getting suspended, conspiracy theories, members and advertisors quiting, its repoted that PM is a sinking ship. It's amazing that only hearing one side of things that a person can make an informed decision. It maybe a little dented but in no way is it sinking and everything is well in tact.

I do have to make one other observation and I'm sure everyone has noticed, that theres members from both boards running back and forth try to stir the pot. Like "Oh look, KeeKee got the ax." These are the wannabies and are really a nuisance for any board. You guys should really stop doing that. It is funny though, like watching rats in a maze.

In closing though, if anyone wants to call me, feel free. I can cover a lot more ground than what I can here. I dont care if your from HuntMasters, PM, banned, unbanned, pregant(and it's not mine), etc, the door is open. I'm going to post my number for a few days. My number is 801-955-8742, before 9 pm please.

Michael,
Thanks that helps me understand how things came from day one.
while I was posting I see Ranutah made a post, I am impressed with how open he is and is willing to post his number to talk to anyone. I have been over at one other site, (Jims site)I have a few friends over there but they are not bashing this site. I visited the other site that Stoney put on here, It is not a site I will go to because I don't want my kids seeing those words. I don't jusge people who use those words, heck I have used them myself but I try to watch content because of my son read the forum I am on sometimes. I don't know what to think about all this, but I am sad some guys like Jim and Kee Kee are not around I always liked their posts and had respect for them. I also have respect for Yellowhammer and RanUtah and others as well. I just wish everyone could get along and focus on what is important shareing hunting stories and knowledge with our friends.

Rus

Quote:
Quote:
So I did more digging and found these posts. I am posting them here for everyone to see. I am sure that the mods will delete them because they don't want people to know this stuff. But I am under the assumption that it is true since they cannot/will not give me any answers. Kinda like pleeding the 5th trying to avoid self incrimination. Not that anyone is doing anything illegal, that is just a figure of speech. It seems to me there are some unethical things that are happening though.

http://www.huntmastersbbs.com/cgi/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001205

http://blogs.finsandfur.net/

Stoney- as you can see, they have not been deleted. As you may or may not see, that is one side of the story.

Do you find it interesting that prior to the thread you listed, that their had been no activity on that site for almost 2 weeks?

Thats why I wanted to hear Predator Masters side of the story. I was only getting to see one perspective. Thats all, no more, no less.

Randy Black. I told Jim on the other board and I tell you now. Thanks for explaining. It is up to all that read to decide what they as an individual should do with the information posted in the world we call the internet.

As for me, I have made many friends here. I hope to retain all those friendships. I hope to hunt with all of them some day.

HAHA! I'm going hunting in August!! You ladies enjoy your argument!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif!!!!
Trashcan Almighty!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW:I haven't been here for a day or so,.....[beeep]!?!?!? WHA HOPPEN??

Well, as I have recently stated my views on this, I really have nothing more to say. For the time that is now, it seems that a little dutch boy is missing a finger or two plugging up the holes, but as we have learned from Hurricane Katrina, dams rarely hold forever.

What am I trying to say? To me it is simple. One can not and must not believe everything. Loyalty is a noble concept, however, following blindly will do nothing more than lead to an early demise.

The shake up has been far less than I originally thought. I had a very bad feeling the other night, the winds were blowing on the forum, and a thunderstorm was approaching. Myself and several people that contacted me that evening were all concerned. It seems that for the time being, we have lost some knowledgable members, and maybe some good friends. Now, I for one am generally a forgiving person. I would welcome them back once they serve their "time outs". Also, those that have left are welcome back if they so choose to come back.

I read certain things on other boards, and it kinda of baffles me. If one doesn't learn something new from each stand, then this hobby becomes boring really quick. I was hunting deer as often as the state would let me, and after a few years, it wasn't challenging any longer. A deer would exit the woods nearly the same position and time every morning. Said deer would walk until they got hungry, thirsty, cautious, or died. After amassing a full freezer, I would sulk about until turkey season. Those wiley gobblers gave me the slip quite often, but then I learned how to put the hurt on them also. I was desperately needing to find some type of game that could offer a challenge. Enter coyotes. I have yet to figure out ole' song dog. Everytime, something changes. I am always amazed at them.

My long winded synopsis boils down to the fact that I am not an expert, and nobody I know is an expert. Those that say they are, well, they are fooling themselves. This board is seemingly full of pimps, murderers and thieves. (I say this kinda tongue and cheek.) The pimps are making money off of something they like to do. The murderers are those of us that hunt the summer coyotes. The thieves are those of us that use information we learn from someone else and don't give credit to them.

Well, folks I have worked in Law Enforcement and Corrections for most of my adult life. I would be happy to share a cell with most any of you pimps, murderers or thieves. I say batten down the hatches and let the winds blow. The strong will survive here, and only the ones with the desire will remain. Funny, am I the only one that wants this board to be made up of people that want to be here?

Jim Champion, you are welcome back any time. Brent, I am glad that you didn't leave. Those that left for other reasons, well, come back if you want to, but please bring a better attitude with you.

J. Holly,
Once again, a pretty good perspective.

Its too hot (104), I can't spell with a cooked brain, so I had to edit this long post.

Last edited:
Quote:
I for one wish Stoney15 would quit and stop shooting this DEAHORSE!!!

Then stop posting to it and let it die Mr. Bobtails. Your incline to have to post this shows you are shooting the "DEAHORSE" just as much as I am. I just wanted some info, I am not sure what you are after.
I am ready for it to die also but I will respond when someone says something about me in a post.

Quote:
I would be happy to share a cell with most any of you pimps, murderers or thieves.

OK Jeff, NOW I'm afraid, very afraid, especially considering your tag line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

By the way, you DO know an expert...ME. At least according to my mom I'm an expert. Of course in her lexicon that means I'm a has-been drip (ex-spurt), but I'll take what I can get. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I might not want to share a cell with you (I'd visit you if I could stay outside the bars), but I look forward to making another stand with you.

Good post.

Quote:
I do know that there are plenty of folks here that would gladly give up their time to be a mod, and I think they would do a damn good job of it. Unfortunately after the elections they were not chosen and thus let some of their opinions fly that maybe should have been kept to themselves.

I must have missed that part?

Quote:
I for one would love to help to keep this thing afloat, but I have such limited knowledge compared to most of you guys that it would only make the situation worse.

Remember what ya said here for a moment.

Quote:
I will say this, we all have a right to post what ever we want,

No, we don’t have a right to post what ever we want…..we can attempt, but if’n its not appropriate it will be gone.

Quote:
and the mod's have the right to delete or whatever else they feel they need to do.

And this is some of the problems. If it’s bad PR, doesn’t agree with the mods agenda, or in several cases the mod just hates the guy for personal reasons, the post is deleted. This isn’t always the case, but with some it gets that appearance, especially if ya get a chance to read it before its deleted. Point in-case River Runners reply to the administration changes, which I also inquired about. It didn’t violate any TOS, but it did give his side of the story. Can’t be a lying..why would this board unanimously vote back in a liar? What you may fail to see is Jim earned his reputation, and with that lays some serious heavy weight with anyone that has been around for a while.

Quote:
I went and read some of the posts at the other sites, and its amazing how many of those guys think they are god gift to thie internet, hunting coyotes, and anything else that comes to mind. I say good riddance, i was taught long ago that issues of humility and being humble shows a man's intellingence far more than any thing else. Lets get back to the important stuff.

Remember this part too.

Quote:
Stoney I think you need to understand that these guys who are raising hell on other boards are more worried about their ego and being the all mighty predator master, than they do with anything else.

And your qualified to say this because you know them? You in your own words stated..

Quote:
I for one would love to help to keep this thing afloat, but I have such limited knowledge compared to most of you guys that it would only make the situation worse.

Yes, Sir! Refere to “Remember you said this above”

Quote:
The men running this board are above that, and dont get involeved in the trivial stuff. I can tell who has the true modest and thoughtfull character, and not many of those guys have left.

I fell off my chair when I read this statement. You qualifications to make this judgment are par with qualifications to make the judgments about the ones booted or the ones that left. I think you have a few wires crossed.

Majority of the mods here are super guys, but a few are very capable of being very underhanded, an as equally slanderous. Just stop by PM chat if’n it’s still running and find out for yourself. Being you’re able to make such quick astute assessments of folks, it won’t take ya long.

If’n what your looki’n for is a Junior PM Moderators Badge, I think your on your way. If what ya want is respect from the membership, you’ll earn it by being you, not what someone else wants ya to be. Which means you’d get the moderators job the hard and lucky way?

Just read your last post rowney.

Quote:
If I can be half the man my Dad is, or a fourth the man my Grandfather is, I can rest in peace that my time on earth meant something.

I’m getting a scary picture unless you have strayed?

Randy you gave your side of the storey, but its still hard to take, even when you showed some emotion in a few of your replies when it went down.

JH…………..Very sound advice, and from your profession. You’re sure quailified to see through the BS, and get whats needed.

Be safe, and moderators, if you don’t moderate yourselves, and conduct some police calling, who else does?

Todd

actaully your best caller's and knowlage are on that other board.those are the people i admire. i dont see them as being stuck up. great people going to meet alot them an us this year.just funny when something bad happen's. were all like wolve's. ive been bad to. just hope thing's work out. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back