Members leaving, deleted posts, locked down posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, i started visiting here in march 2004 signed up to be a member aug-2004 i appreciate all the help i have recieved..the moderators & members...all have been very helpful to me in learning reloading...new predator calling tactics...i have posted lots of questions...always got answers...i post a reply to someone only to pass on what i know or have experianced...this is what most members do...that is what predator masters is all about !!!

Steve that was not meant for guys like you! That referred to a few guys who left here and are posting repeated threads about guys on here, by name no less, in a sole attempt to look good and be one of the guys. Most of them are not getting any response back, thankfully. Hey i have nothing bad to say about most of the guys on that board, but there are a few that need to give it up.

[quote
Then stop posting to it and let it die Mr. Bobtails. Your incline to have to post this shows you are shooting the "DEAHORSE" just as much as I am. I just wanted some info, I am not sure what you are after.
I am ready for it to die also but I will respond when someone says something about me in a post.

In one of your last post you gave what I was looking for I guess, I went over to the new site and I don't know what belive of what their saying. A least not yet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Here is the deal. You are going to believe what ever you want to believe.

This idea that there was some type of conspiracy, mutiny, or any other devious agenda are flat wrong. Lets step back and get a little perspective on what we are talking about here. This is not a multi million dollar business. This is a simple internet forum. This entire soap opera that has unfolded, from my perspective, is caused by a few people over reacting to what has happend or have percieved to may have happened. The curiosity as to what happend is understandable. The drama, egos, inuindo, and assumtions are as well. As Randy stated and has graciously offered, give him a call and get his side if you so desperately need more information.

As he said there are 2 parts to this story.

First off the story with RR post is way to involved to get into, and I don't have time or the desire to go through it all again. There were reasons it was handled in the back room to begin with and it has nothing to do with hiding it from the members It's just the way things like this are done. If you just have to know give Randy a call. Just ask yourself a few questions, and this hopefully will shed some light on the subject.

1. Do you honestly believe that 1, 2 or 3 people could come in and create an overthrow of PM? Remeber we all have only one vote and there are 23 or so mods. Are they all wrong and only 1, 2 or 3 was right?

2. Do you really believe that 1 or 2 mods are here solely for financial gain? (Remember, put PM in a little perspective). If so, please point to examples of where this is so. I'll use myself as an example since fingers have been pointed at me. Go pull my post over the last 12 months, please show where I have blatantly promoted my videos. Look at my avatar, it has the PM logo and not my company logo. Look in my sig line, no company banner, just a link. As an advertiser here, I have every right to do both, as well as make regular posts directing people to my products. I haven't done this, I let them stand on their own merit.

As to the suspension of certain members. There was no hidden agenda in these suspension. The way they are acting on this other board is exactly the reason they were suspended here. It was not their opinions that got them suspended it was their behavior. This did not come easy to me or any of the mods, as we all know they are all 3 very knowledgeable and experienced guys. Fact is we had received multiple requests from many members for some action to be taken to try and get these guys to tone it down. If you go back and read there were four threads in which these guys were reapetedly ask by the membership and mods to please cool it down. They rejected these requests and action was taken. They are all more than welcome to come back in 30 days, although by their actions on this other board, it is doubtful they will. We will get over it. I for one was tired of getting emails and pms from members afraid of making posts because they were intimidated by what they saw going on. We had also recieved request from members to have there membership deleted if we continually allowed this type behavior. I consider all three of these guys friends of mine and whether we agree or disagree on the subject matter had no bearing on my or any other mods decision. It was simply their behavior. I nor any of the other mods here are perfect except maybe Weasel, but we do the best we can to maintain a cordual environment for all to enjoy and share. Derailing post and stirring the pot up is highly frowned on by the mods. With the amount of members and traffic we have here there are many opposing viewpoints on any given subject, pick one, be it 17HMRs, summertime coyote hunting, Eastern coyotes vs Western coyotes and so on, we won't always agree and this is expected. But we do ask that you not be abrasive. PM has grown where others haven't because this type behavior is not allowed. We do our dead level best to create an inviting atmosphere for all regardless of experience level.

I should have my head examined for even accepting this job. Many of you know me, but most of you don't. You are certainly free to come to your judgement as to my motivations and I can't do much about that. I will simply say, I enjoy PM for the same reason you do and I'm here only to help and hopefully contribute. If you feel I or any of the other mods here have any other motives other than to see PM and its membership grow then I only ask that you step back and put PM in a little perspective. This is just and internet website, be it a very good website, it still has no bearing on whether the sun will come up tomorrow. Enjoy it for what it is, contribute when you can, take what you can and try not to read more into it than is really there. I have total confidence and faith in every mod here. Even though we don't always agree their loyalty to PM has never been questioned. They have all worked very hard,much harder than I, to get PM where it is today. This wasn't a fluke, it was due to team work, and most importantly good members.

Byron

Last edited:
I don't get involved in politics here. Quite frankly, I've got enough of it at work.

I've worked for large companies throughout my business life. I've seen many employees come and many employees go. Some were great leaders, presidents, vice presidents, etc... Some were great workers, absolutely the most intellegent people I've met. Some were the cornerstone of their departments. Mergers, aquisitions, layoffs....been through them all. With all of that....the company stands strong and grows stronger every day.

What did I learn from this? Not one person or a small group of people make or break an organization. The organization is made up of the larger sum. Predator Masters will survive just fine.

Tony

Byron, while I do not know you, I know some guys who have met you, and from thier experience's and what I see posted on this board, I never doubted your side of things. That is this post in a nutshell

"The men running this board are above that, and dont get involved in the trivial stuff. I can tell who has the true modest and thoughtfull character, and not many of those guys have left.

Obviously some dont agree, and thats ok. I am not brown nosing to anyone, thats just how I feel about things.

I am not here to complain. I have met a few guys from here including RanUtah. I want to give this site a big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I appreciate the job the moderators do and if I get out of line let my know. I have seen disagreements on every board I have been on and most stay within the TOS agreement and are left alone. There are always those that want to complain about everything or feel they need to be informed about every action.

Keep up the good work.

Rowny,

Don't mistake me for a moderator wanna be. I have been around long enough to call it as it is and ask questions when needed. I support the most moderators and this board. They'll check me when need be.

I am a member of this board and my voice is just as equall as everyone elses, to include the moderators. Unless it is blatant and it hardly ever is.

Heres the deal since you haven't been around long, and maybe your father has and can explain.

Moderators vote in new moderators. If the good ones leave or are voted out, and a few bad ones push to vote in thier alike kind and the others remain neutral/talerant and vote them in too. Then eventually you'll have a bad ring of moderators, even out weighing the good/neautral/talrent ones. In essence leaving a a bunch of bad apples moderating a board with 15,000 members where ONLY the sheep speak, and speak the language of thier leaders.

You haven't really been around long enough to really have a grasp of what may or may not be going on. Your entitled to your opinion, but when you don't know squat about the folks involved you shouldn't voice it. You seemed to have conviced yourself you have the ability to determine that all the folks moderating here are the best in the world with out knowing, and in the same breath condem those that have left/been banned/or still are around, to being egotistic blowhards ALSO with out knowing. While allot of the folks here are super, a few aren't, and while a few that left had been pains, not all are. Some how you still seem to bunch them/me in the same boat regardless of what ya know.

So maybe if you can explain to me how you came to those conclusions you might make me see where your coming from, but I doubt I would agree with ya on most. What I can assure ya is some of those folks that have left are extremly knowledable/smart/freindly guys. They have just been around long enough to see who the game players are, and being the non-butt kissing type fellas, they are the call it as it is and nothing else. While you might be mad and disagree, you'll see in time.

My intentions weren't to offend your father, but if I did maybe he should evaluate your post and guide you in your errors and ways of condemming every one to one boat, being it the good or bad boat. This statement was based strictly on your post regarding others?

Again I'm not beating my chest, I'm sticking my finger in yours and calling you on your post and judgments. For a fella that has only been a member for three months, you sure speak a heavy judgent either way.

Edited for spelling, and nothing else.

Last edited:
Quote:
Moderators vote in new moderators. If the good ones leave or are voted out, and a few bad ones push to vote in thier alike kind and the others remain neutral/talerant and vote them in too. Then eventually you'll have a bad ring of moderators, even out weighing the good/neautral/talrent ones. In essence leaving a a bunch of bad apples moderating a board with 15,000 members where ONLY the sheep speak, and speak the language of thier leaders.

So your saying that's happening here? Explain please....

Randy,I haven't posted for a while here.I do appreciate the fact that you have offered up another side of the story.I have been to the last 3 Globe hunts and have met many of the people who are admin and mods on this board.I feel like I can read a person from a mile away and let you know if they are real or not.I never got a bad vibe about nary a one of you guys.I guess I try to see the good in people and don't really go looking to hard for the bad.I Also have had the privilige of seeing that Rich Higgins is also a standup guy.Anyone who would come to the PM hunt and give a talk while sicker than crap with the flu is a good guy in my book.

I'm not a follow the leader type guy,I just do what I think is the right thing to do in my eyes.There are people who are friends of mine that are on Jim's board and I have become a member of that board.But I am a PM member and will stay that way,unless something drastic would happen that would change my view.I hope that when the fall gets here and people get back to hunting,that maybe Rich and Cal and some of the others will come back over here.

Byron,I know you hate writing about junk like this but I appreciate the fact that you are willing to give your side of the story.And Randy for you to give out your phone # and invite any and all questions speaks volumes of your intentions.Michael thanks also for the replies that you have given.

Things have a way of working out.I'm going bear hunting like bearmanric so I know that will keep me busy for a while.Take care,daveyboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Well Randy,

What I am saying is the moderators are elected using the good ole boy system.

In fairness it should be the members voting in the moderators, then if need be the moderators voting in the pro staff.

Look at how many mods you have that have been for an extremely long time. Not that they aren't good, but thier views are no longer un biased.

You had one moderator even go as far as looking to see that thier was no action on the other board for two weeks before the current post. Is that a justification attempt or has he been doing this to long?

You have plenty of other memebers that are more then willing to help out. Vote in a few that are not of the circle.

If you think all your moderators are honest gentlmen that don't act on personal grounds occasionally, maybe you have been in the circle to long, but I seriously doubt it. Thats not a dig at you Randy

Edited for more spelling only.

Last edited:
Do you realize that if every coyote hunter on PM only got a couple coyote a month, that's over 354,504 coyotes.

Reduce that number by 15% for those who have self-imposed seasons and add back 8% for the self-imposers who have no self-control. Add another 35% for coyotes taken during deer season and another 800% for coyotes taken by automobiles.

Increase the number of coyotes taken by 70% to obtained the number of coyotes called in.

If I only had a WT. It boggles the mind.

you forgot to subtract the 50% for guys who are trying to learn about the coyote hunting thing then add another 600% for those that kill way more than average and then subtract for those who just talk about hunting.... man I suck, someone help me please, Ill buy the beers.

Jay,I don't have that many fingers and toes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.Your killing me and tell your buddy Al we still want one of his open reeds.But his location is a tightly guarded secret.Take care,daveyboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Uncle Jay, Can those numbers be extrapolated to Canada coytes too??/ Or is it just in the western U.S.
I know they don't have that many coyotes in the east. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I got divorced once and had to pay child support. Prior to being found the responsible non-custodial party (that's a nice legal term for you guilty SOB) I tried extrapolating. That's the last time I ever tried that maneuver. It's possible that Canada may allow it. I dunno.

I don't know why you think there aren't that many coyotes back East, Redfrog. I hear they are just smarter. Watch Deliverance and you'll understand. Not my personal opinion. I just read it on another board is all.

Dave... Trust me.... AL KNOWS. HE KNOWS. It's fishing season and he bought a new boat, matching trailer and painted it to match his Nebraska pick-um-up Toyota.

edit:
notice the sig line. Somebody please buy a video as I am in need of a 12pack and pack of cigarettes. It's not self promotion. It's more a need of thirst and habit.

Thanks for the reply. Even though I think your idea has some merit, heres is my question. If members were allowed to chose moderators, what makes the member(s) qualified to chose them? They don't know what the job is because they have never done it, what they are getting into and their commentment is.

Quote:
Not that they aren't good, but thier views are no longer un biased.

Are they not entitled to an opinion? While some could always use more tact, they are still people and have an opinion.

Quote:
You had one moderator even go as far as looking to see that thier was no action on the other board for two weeks before the current post. Is that a justification attempt or has he been doing this to long?

Hell, I do that. Some of the other mods even moderate other boards, I don't see a problem there, am I missing your point?

Quote:
You have plenty of other members that are more then willing to help out.

We only bring new mods in as we need them. If someone does show interest we do look at that. Potential people are discussed then voted on. It's kinda like an employer looking for an employee so to speak. Granted not everyone is chosen and some that have been have not worked out. It's not a full proof system. Having moderators that have moderated for a while, I think are better qualified to chose others, they know what it takes. Having members do that may present it's own set of problems.

Quote:
Vote in a few that are not of the circle

I really not sure what you mean by that. Lately we have been labled by the elite as just a bunch of wannabies, maybe we are in that circle? And I'm being sarcastic of course. If the circle means that we aggree with each other most of the time, that doesn't happen, trust me. We do have disaggreements.

Quote:
If you think all your moderators are honest gentlmen that don't act on personal grounds occasionally, maybe you have been in the circle to long, but I seriously doubt it. Thats not a dig at you Randy

No offence taken. Again they are going to have some opinion of some sort.

Jay, I bet if we would had a WT, that coyote I shot would not of gotten back up and ran into the bushes!!! It would of layed there just to listen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back