Members leaving, deleted posts, locked down posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If I only had a WT. It boggles the mind.

That's nice, Jay. Let's just take this one out on ol Whiskey Bill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brad

Alaskan Yoter - I know that I am risking some sort of middle of the circle title with what I'm going to write, but I must do this if I'm doing my job.

At this point it is beginning to appear as if your just trying to stir the pot a little bit. It's not really necessary, we (the moderators) got your point a couple of posts ago. Unless there is something new to say or a question to be asked beating this dead horse up a little more seems to have little purpose. Most of us are very aware of what is being said about PMs moderating staff and the insults that have been laid at the feet of our membership. We listen and are aware and like everybody else we are also hurt to see things like that being written about us. It is hard to forget some of it, even when those that insult us the most come over to PM and talk all nice and sweet. I am afraid that it all looks to be quite false at times. I think we've all been punished quite enough over the past few days, don't worry some valuable lessons have been learned. I think we will be stronger for this and yes we will find a better understanding as well.

"If I only had ..."

I really think Jay may be onto something here.

Say, if I only was a bit taller and had longer arms and slightly younger reflexes, I might have actually scooped up a lil bitty gray fox kit earlier tonite. It was sitting in the middle of the dirt road to my home shortly after dusk dark tonite, oblivious to my high beams, let me drive up to within 20 feet, scratched his ear with a hind leg. Took my truck out of gear, set the e-brake and hopped out with it still idling, and lipsqueaked it in at a fast trot to within maybe 5 feet until he caught wind of me or thought better of it, me all the while trying to decide if I'd actually make a play to grab for the scruff of his itty bitty neck if he'd venture close enough.

"If I only had actually caught it"... whatta y'all willin' to speculate woulda happened next?

(Who says summer can't be fun?)

LionHo

Randy,

I re-read that, and need to clarify. I do know ya have two bad apples maybe another. What I am saying under the currect direction, in can go the way that I explained and in my opinion might just go that way.

Under the current system it can most certianly head that direction as explained. The part about the new guys not knowing the ins and out is lacking merrit. You and all the current mods didn't know the ins and outs when ya started. I'm sure the new guys would learn just as quick. With newer fresher looks on things.

Yes, I do think after you do something for a while ya become biased and some times caulesed (SP). Thats why every few years I change my job opertunities. A rut so to speak is not good for any business. Heck do a roll call and look.

There have been a few good mods ran off, and a few good ones quit, and recently two other outstanding figures quit. That action alone speaks volumes, and Randy you to speak volumes even when your not.

I'm not into the name calling, and some folks have attacked others which I'm not part of. I have been watching this post and I have posted at the other board, but nothing I don't back up and nothing blatant.

Its gotten pretty much as the banned fellas have mentioned, and thats why I have generally restricted myself to the call forums. Even most the call makers leave after a short stint. Heck I even quit the PM chat because everytime I was there when it was several mods it became political "This board that board" thing. That coming from your ""The men running this board are above that, and dont get involved in the trivial stuff." moderatoras

Basically PM started like a bunch of fellas around a camp fire. Well the growd is growing but the camp fire is not.

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had one moderator even go as far as looking to see that thier was no action on the other board for two weeks before the current post. Is that a justification attempt or has he been doing this to long?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But why now, as it appears more like justification or attempt at redirecting. Something ya would expect from a campiagn manager for Hillary Clinton. Why even mention it?

Quote:
Quote:

If you think all your moderators are honest gentlmen that don't act on personal grounds occasionally, maybe you have been in the circle to long, but I seriously doubt it. Thats not a dig at you Randy

No offence taken. Again they are going to have some opinion of some sort.

Opinion and genuine honesty and integrity are two entirely different birds, as you well know.

Final note is there are moderators that claim to be friends of those recently band, I have yet to see some of them stand up speak for the character of those fellas. Even if they were bad a bit, if they were?

MJM,

I avoided this post here, until no other member stepped in to correct Roweny and the direction his post took. I did not see you run in and point out the fact HIM that he was a little off.

And my other reply was just to Randy's post. Theres no doubt in my mind that you know where I stand on some issues. You let me speak my piece, and I think I pretty much haven't posted any of my opinions that I can't back up.

Bottom line is PM is growing, and when it becomes a non member board, and one that doesn't ask for donations time to time, I'll quit voicing my opinion. While its minimal I have several hundred $$$ wrapped up in donations and purchases, and I even have been trying to hit the advertisors from your board. And I sure support your Hobby Call Makers. I think I have thousands wrapped up in them. SO yes I would like to see PM succeed, but you have to covince me and others to want supprot.

Quote:
At this point it is beginning to appear as if your just trying to stir the pot a little bit. It's not really necessary, we (the moderators) got your point a couple of posts ago. Unless there is something new to say or a question to be asked beating this dead horse up a little more seems to have little purpose. Most of us are very aware of what is being said about PMs moderating staff and the insults that have been laid at the feet of our membership.

I'm stirring? Are you missing whats going on around here? Because I'm not shy, I'm stirring? I explained what brought me in and the fact that I was just replying to others in my follow up replies. You have a couple of folks stirring on both sides but you yet to point that finger. I have not insulted any moderators and I don't intend too. If a few are insulted then maybe they should revaluate themselves, maybe they feel guilty of something. I made no false claims and the comments about the bad apples I can back up, but thats not needed. I was just simply saying there are a few, and as you said I don't agree with "Good ole boy" selection process.

I won't post anymore, because I don't want ya to feel I'm stirring, but as a member would appriciate if mods that claim to be friends step up sometimes for folks and not sit in the back ground quiet. A few of ya say were friends but I don't see ya backing my character, and the character of others.

Guys, what we need to remember is PM is a place for the exchange of knowledge on topics we all enjoy. If there was some sort of falling out so be it, falling outs are a part of life and many times have far more serious outcomes than one on an internet forum could ever have. Just look at the number of divorces, wars, major corporations crumbling, these all have life changing effects on those involved, an internet forum does not. I've been to Jim's site and signed up, just as I have on many other forums over the last couple of years, the beauty of the internet is if you can't find the answer/info your looking for on one site you might just find it on another. Remember we are all just here to have fun, gain a little knowledge, and maybe help someone else gain a little knowledge.

I guess I'm missing somthing here. Although I'm fairly new on this forum I haven't seen anything I haven't liked. Looks like mosts of the people are positive. There is always a few people no matter what you say or do with not agree or be satisfied. You have to just take it with a grain of salt and move on. Mostly good people on this site.

I guess the "dead horse" still has some kick left in him...cause he sure don't sound dead....

And Jay, you forgot to count the one's hiding behind the stumps....

. . . it's dead alright. I went back and read some of the threads/posts in question and all I have to say is:

"Res ipsa loquitur."

- The thing speaks for itself.

deadhorse_edited.jpg

I don't know what the deal is with all the egos and puffery around here, "I am a professional," and "I killed 'X' many coyotes," and the one I despise the most, "Mine is the only way, let me tell you how it's done sonny."

What is the big deal? For a group of seasoned hunters this is the largest batch of manginas I have seen in some time.

I don't know what's worse, the egos from the one group or the incessant whining coming from the other. Lighten up folks.

As for the harping on the mods and the way they do things. If you don't like the way PM is run and you feel there is a bunch of nepotism going on . . . go start your own board. That is how it works in the real world. If you don’t like your job – quit – and go get another one, don’t drag the rest of us down with you.

Jerry,
I think you(and others) really would have had to been here during the Posse Country era, AzWill,the journey to Greybeards' board,Bill and Tasha, and then the start of PM, to get somewhat of an understanding of what's going on here.

There is probably more than a few of the "old timers" that feel there is more than a fair share of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronyism

EDIT:Cronyism can exist anywhere, in both free and not-so-free states. In general, authoritarian and totalitarian regimes are more vulnerable to acts of cronyism simply because the officeholders do not have to face the wrath of an electorate.

That more than likely can and does rub some people the wrong way. Are the members only pawns in the big picture of this board?

Time for a little soul searching?

"Dissension from the absurb will stigmatize you a "bad influence"."

Last edited:
Well I go on vacation for a week and the house darn near burns down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

What the heck is going on here fellas, this is just an internet forum not Washington, or the last lost episode of Dallas.

I know it is summer and I know a lot of you guys don't like shooting summer coyotes but this is rediculous, go callen' already, kill a few for the cause /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif or something to ease the tension /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I for one am not going to get anymore involved then this post to this thread, the is no productivity coming out of it. I will publicly state that I am a PROUD MEMBER OF PM and will continue to be. I will continue to post only positively in all threads and enjoy what we have here, keep up the good work mod's and admin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Later,

Scott

Alaskan Yoter and Greenside those are good post and very true.I wish more men could think for themselves and ask questions and want answers.

Sadly society has taught these people to just go along and go with the group don't think for ones self.

This board will probably get over this glitch but there will be another and another and in the end it will fail.Jay N. says it best "they always do"

No matter what board you are on it will split after a time it has been proven in the short time we have had the Internet. No matter if a board is good or bad its just a normal cycle.I for one like it that way Its called progress. So "WHY SWEAT IT"

After rereading my posts, I want to clarify some things that I didnt say correctly. I do not know the moderators, I am not sucking up to them, I do not know the majority of the men that left, only know what we talked about on the board and in private messages. I was trying to point out the few guys that had left this board on their own free will, and then chose to slam several people on here by name. They can call this predator amateurs all they want, but I dont think its right for the few guys to say what they said about individuals, and hide behind the internet thinking they can say what they want. Once again I apologize for any misconceptions I layed out, This is my last post on this subject, if anyone wants to discuss this they are welcome to pm me. Everyone have a good day, and lets get back to the important stuff here.

Haha good ole "predator amateurs"! I love that coming from a board that likes to sit around slamming PM about how it conducts business when they themselves (the other boards) will ban you by simply posting a picture of you and your child who is mentally retarded.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/tommyjohnson/100_0164-1.jpg

What was I thinking, silly me, who wants a retarded kid posted on their board? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Well after I posted that pic I took my whooping and came back here where the waters are a little tamer.

Not trying to stir the pot, just goes to show you that there are two types of men in this world: those that like a white background on there favorite hunting website and those that like the tan.

I like the tan.

"Why can't we all just get along..." It's a shame really. First, let me say I am not a member of the "other" board. I have never posted there and most likely will not. Mostly because of time, not bias or partiality. There's only so much internet time to go around. I was a member of the Shade Tree and have just followed the trail right along until the birth of Predator Masters and here I've settled in. With that out of the way...

The members that are suspended are without question some of the most knowledgable coyote hunters to ever post on Predator Masters. No question. When they posted I kept my fingers silent and my eyes open. I carefully weighed what they had to say with my own experience. I gave consideration to their tactics and evaulated options for applying that to my own hunting. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I learned about things I most likely will never do. Dogging coyotes, ADC work, ect... I also was able to enjoy their humor, though often it was tongue in cheek with an added dash of sarcasim. For the most part I felt they could take a joke as well as dish it out. Perhaps they should have been more patient with newbie questions and uninformed posters. No doubt there could be more tolerance exhibited to others in certain situations. This is the internet and attracts all sorts. Some have real experience. Others have different opinons and you just have to accept that. Others want to learn and are full of questions. Some of those questions have been discussed here hundreds of times and for an "old hat" it may get annoying. A little research and the answers would be in front of the poster. And yes, there are some guys who are full of bullcrap and don't have any ideal what they're spouting off. There are "leg humpers" and "wannabe's." That's the nature of dealing with the public. Probably 80%+ are decent folk, the others you have to sort out and either ignore, or, call them out in a more gentle way than maybe you'd like to at times. That's something I personally need to work on. Some of the suspended guys may need to give some thought to that too. In fact, personally, I would hope the suspended come back to PM and participate again. I don't think that likely now...

That is not say there aren't still knowledgable members here participating. There are, and I give them the same consideration and appreciation. Addressing some "critiques" of PM. Yes, there a lot questions that are boring to the more experienced hunters/callers as they have mentioned on the "other" site. Of course there are. PM doesn't have 15,000 experienced members all discussing graduate level predator hunting techniques. PM's membership consist of a pretty neat mix of people from across the country with varying degrees of experience and skill levels. There are no entry test here to gauge skill levels so one can gain membership to an elite forum for PhD level hunters. That's what makes this forum go round. To think otherwise is foolish. I think too many of US allow egos to influence our better judgement and affect our character negatively. And once we get going, to check ourselves seems awfully hard to do. Things spin out of control and then we certainly can't "crawfish" regardless of the outcome. IMHO, that goes equally around the horn and is a fault shared by most of us. The only "Coyote God" I know is an old reddish dog that runs a certain ridge in the Mark Twain National Forest and has given me the slip a couple of years now.

Did things meter out equally? Not being in the "know", I couldn't say intellegently. Maybe, maybe not. Evidently some things were edited here. That happens. I've done the same, ran my mouth, thought better of it and tried some damage control. That should be between those that participated and were in the bloody battle. Most annoying are those leg humpers who run around the fringe of the fray crying foul and beating the war drum. They have no ideal what's going on in the big sense, have no personal investment, but damned if they don't want to be noticed by the "big guys." I mentioned this in a post on the Healthy Debates thread. These little guys don't have the balls to buck up and stand on their own, so now they want to hitch their wagon onto this fight and get their shots in at whichever side they had a secret tiff with. Little guys, get over yourself. I hope somebody kicks the crap out of ya to get you out of the way. You aren't winning a fight, you're just kicking up enough dust to cloud others vision. My two cents and an observation. I don't expect to win ANY friends with this post... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Tommy I didn't know that happened and it's really repulsive, someone needs the be ashamed.

AY, Most times the members here have the best advice and you even said it yourself. Maybe it's time for all of the fence setters to decide what team their on.

If you don't like your house ...move

If you don't like your job ...quit

If you don't like this board, it's membership, the staff ...then leave.

It's a free country and we are not twisting anyones arm to get them to stay.

Randy, thats been the policy since Ive been around and its been a good one.

This board has gone through several membership facelifts since Ive been a member. With that said, PM is going to revisit this issue again. I dont agree with the above statement that all boards split but will agree that all boards change.

Some dangle their feet in and like it here, some dont. Keep doing what you guys do, 5 years is a feat and I dont think that this place is going anywhere anytime soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Sincerely,
Just a spineless sap that lacks the intelligence to get out from under PM's control and make my own way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GC: Notice how you begin your post and then how you end it.

See my post above and . . . Res ipsa loquitur.

Quote:
"Why can't we all just get along..." It's a shame really. . . .

. . . Most annoying are those leg humpers who run around the fringe of the fray crying foul and beating the war drum. They have no ideal what's going on in the big sense, have no personal investment, but damned if they don't want to be noticed by the "big guys." I mentioned this in a post on the Healthy Debates thread. These little guys don't have the balls to buck up and stand on their own, so now they want to hitch their wagon onto this fight and get their shots in at whichever side they had a secret tiff with. Little guys, get over yourself. I hope somebody kicks the crap out of ya to get you out of the way. You aren't winning a fight, you're just kicking up enough dust to cloud others vision. My two cents and an observation. I don't expect to win ANY friends with this post... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

"I hope somebody kicks the crap out of ya to get you out of the way."

If you want a shot at the title just let me know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tommy, your still the man! You know you have an open chair here anytime friend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
"Why can't we all just get along..." It's a shame really. First, let me say I am not a member of the "other" board. I have never posted there and most likely will not. Mostly because of time, not bias or partiality. There's only so much internet time to go around. I was a member of the Shade Tree and have just followed the trail right along until the birth of Predator Masters and here I've settled in. With that out of the way...

The members that are suspended are without question some of the most knowledgable coyote hunters to ever post on Predator Masters. No question. When they posted I kept my fingers silent and my eyes open. I carefully weighed what they had to say with my own experience. I gave consideration to their tactics and evaulated options for applying that to my own hunting. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I learned about things I most likely will never do. Dogging coyotes, ADC work, ect... I also was able to enjoy their humor, though often it was tongue in cheek with an added dash of sarcasim. For the most part I felt they could take a joke as well as dish it out. Perhaps they should have been more patient with newbie questions and uninformed posters. No doubt there could be more tolerance exhibited to others in certain situations. This is the internet and attracts all sorts. Some have real experience. Others have different opinons and you just have to accept that. Others want to learn and are full of questions. Some of those questions have been discussed here hundreds of times and for an "old hat" it may get annoying. A little research and the answers would be in front of the poster. And yes, there are some guys who are full of bullcrap and don't have any ideal what they're spouting off. There are "leg humpers" and "wannabe's." That's the nature of dealing with the public. Probably 80%+ are decent folk, the others you have to sort out and either ignore, or, call them out in a more gentle way than maybe you'd like to at times. That's something I personally need to work on. Some of the suspended guys may need to give some thought to that too. In fact, personally, I would hope the suspended come back to PM and participate again. I don't think that likely now...

That is not say there aren't still knowledgable members here participating. There are, and I give them the same consideration and appreciation. Addressing some "critiques" of PM. Yes, there a lot questions that are boring to the more experienced hunters/callers as they have mentioned on the "other" site. Of course there are. PM doesn't have 15,000 experienced members all discussing graduate level predator hunting techniques. PM's membership consist of a pretty neat mix of people from across the country with varying degrees of experience and skill levels. There are no entry test here to gauge skill levels so one can gain membership to an elite forum for PhD level hunters. That's what makes this forum go round. To think otherwise is foolish. I think too many of US allow egos to influence our better judgement and affect our character negatively. And once we get going, to check ourselves seems awfully hard to do. Things spin out of control and then we certainly can't "crawfish" regardless of the outcome. IMHO, that goes equally around the horn and is a fault shared by most of us. The only "Coyote God" I know is an old reddish dog that runs a certain ridge in the Mark Twain National Forest and has given me the slip a couple of years now.

Did things meter out equally? Not being in the "know", I couldn't say intellegently. Maybe, maybe not. Evidently some things were edited here. That happens. I've done the same, ran my mouth, thought better of it and tried some damage control. That should be between those that participated and were in the bloody battle. Most annoying are those leg humpers who run around the fringe of the fray crying foul and beating the war drum. They have no ideal what's going on in the big sense, have no personal investment, but damned if they don't want to be noticed by the "big guys." I mentioned this in a post on the Healthy Debates thread. These little guys don't have the balls to buck up and stand on their own, so now they want to hitch their wagon onto this fight and get their shots in at whichever side they had a secret tiff with. Little guys, get over yourself. I hope somebody kicks the crap out of ya to get you out of the way. You aren't winning a fight, you're just kicking up enough dust to cloud others vision. My two cents and an observation. I don't expect to win ANY friends with this post... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

GC your amazing man. You come in give your two cents. Then later go back and edit out the post because you realize what you said was, well, stupid. Then you come back in with this post. How long before you edit it out too. I didn't mind the post at all until you get to the end and start hoping that people are going to get the crap kicked out of them. If your that somebody who is going to kick the crap out of someone lets square off an area little buddy. I dont take people saying that kind of thing lightly. Heck I dont even know if it was aimed at me but I started this thread so there is a good chance it is. I just wanted to get PM side of this issue. I was reading a lot of not so nice things. I ask a few questions and in the end you turn it to a childish fight. Hoping people get "the crap kicked out of them". Shows your mentallity level there little buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back