Members leaving, deleted posts, locked down posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
This is a public forum and it is my opinion that it is the GENERAl membership that make this place what it is. Not you or the mods. I think the general membership deserves to know what is going on. As you say this is not a business (not someones cash cow) so your anology of not telling how a business runs doesnt correlate. Why is is being hide from us, the general membership?? Why were all those post deleted??? It looks really bad and if there is really nothing to hide why is it being hide

Stoney- I think your implication that there is a cover up or conspiracy is unfounded.

You are right about the membership. They are what makes this place what it is. However, no ones likes it when some PETA whacko or good ole boy comes in here and tells everyone how stupid, ignorant or unworthy they are. Be it for the simple fact they are coyote/predator hunters who just want to spill the blood of poor little creatures, or slob SOB's who kill summer coyotes.

Those type posters (member might not be the best term) are culled so that someone can honestly say "PM members are what makes this place".

Quote:
Why is is being hide from us, the general membership??

The reason posts are deleted is because: a) they violate the TOS b) they violate the privacy issues that I mentioned earlier c) the poster requested it or d) they are posted in the wrong forum.

Edit: after re-reading my own post, I wanted to clear up something;

Quote:
Be it for the simple fact they are coyote/predator hunters who just want to spill the blood of poor little creatures, or slob SOB's who kill summer coyotes.

This would be what the "problem members" might say about a particular member.....not what I am saying.

e often get trolls who make posts about so and so being an animal murderer or something like that. They are quickly removed. Or, we might have members that habitually slam other members for doing something that while perfectly legal and widely practiced such as hunting summer coyotes, baiting, or hunting with dogs.

Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Quote:

As a moderator on a different forum I can only say that the moderators do indeed have a job to do. No one said it would be an easy job or one that would win any popularity contests, but a job that needs to be done none the less. Until some of the na sayers step into the moderators shoes then they have no idea what is involved in the task at hand.

I know what you are saying also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif I just stay out of most of it,kinda! Nuetral is a good gear,lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Quote:
This is a public forum and it is my opinion that it is the GENERAl membership that make this place what it is. Not you or the mods. I think the general membership deserves to know what is going on. As you say this is not a business (not someones cash cow) so your anology of not telling how a business runs doesnt correlate. Why is is being hide from us, the general membership?? Why were all those post deleted??? It looks really bad and if there is really nothing to hide why is it being hide

Stoney- I think your implication that there is a cover up or conspiracy is unfounded.

You are right about the membership. They are what makes this place what it is. However, no ones likes it when some PETA whacko or good ole boy comes in here and tells everyone how stupid, ignorant or unworthy they are. Be it for the simple fact they are coyote/predator hunters who just want to spill the blood of poor little creatures, or slob SOB's who kill summer coyotes.

Those type posters (member might not be the best term) are culled so that someone can honestly say "PM members are what makes this place".

Quote:
Why is is being hide from us, the general membership??

The reason posts are deleted is because: a) they violate the TOS b) they violate the privacy issues that I mentioned earlier c) the poster requested it or d) they are posted in the wrong forum.

So your saying River Runner's post was a violation of the TOS. I dont know Jim personally. Heck all I know of him is from this board and having him tan a few hides for me. But what I do know is that he put a ton of work into this site and I just don't think he would be one to violate the TOS. So you are saying flat out that his posts were deleted because they were a violation of the TOS??? IF not than why??

The remarks you said about guys who call summertime coyotes are inappropriate. Is it illegal??? Its is legal here in MN as well as many places. I don't shoot coyotes in the summer either but who am I to say it is wrong. Or worse yet call someone names (as you did above)for doing it. Can the mods do whatever they want without any worry. I went back and read some of the post you mentioned above. I can see what you are talking about but what you just wrote above is along the same lines. Will you be banned for this??? Given a verbal warning???? Moderator privledges be pulled????? I would think as a mod you would be held to a higher standard??? Thats just me though.

A cop is a cop but they are bound by the same laws we are. I guess mods are above that????

Again I just want to know what is going on but all I get is a politicians answer. I am the one ask but I am sure there are many of the members that would like to know as well.

Quote:

Be it for the simple fact they are coyote/predator hunters who just want to spill the blood of poor little creatures, or slob SOB's who kill summer coyotes.

Sounds like somebody needs to put himself in Time Out for name calling.

Slob SOB's?? Huh, that a touch, given the very nature of this thread..

Sorry, have to side with Stoney on this one.. Way over the line.....

Last edited:
Quote:
Edit: after re-reading my own post, I wanted to clear up something;

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be what the "problem members" might say about a particular member.....not what I am saying. I was trying to say it as they would. It should have been in "" "" I guess.

e often get trolls who make posts about so and so being an animal murderer or something like that. They are quickly removed. Or, we might have members that habitually slam other members for doing something that while perfectly legal and widely practiced such as hunting summer coyotes, baiting, or hunting with dogs.

Sorry for any confusion

Quote:
Sounds like somebody needs to put himself in Time Out for name calling.

Slob SOB's?? Huh, that a touch, given the very nature of this thread..

That was exactly the point I was trying (unsuccessfully it appears) to make. When someone does something of this nature, they might find themselves in "time out".
See my edit in the above post.

Excuse me for the confusion.. Obviously the original post did not read very well, and if it was in fact not your intention to call anyone a Slob SOB, then I apologize.

For the record, I have to agree with the moderators. It is not my business or anyone else's on why or why not they are getting banned, suspended, etc.. I'm not going to say that I'm not curious, but I'm just not nosey enough to dig into other folks dirty laundry...

I do however feel that everyone should be treated equally from top to bottom. And hopefully, behind the scenes that is happening.

soreloser

Edit: Oops they were typing while I was typing and I didn't realize the thread had dropped onto another page. I'll leave the post though, there might be something here for someone.

I'm back for a few minutes.

Guys you misread Yellowhammers post. He's writing about those that seem to know it all, especially those that will not tolerate hunting summer coyotes, no matter how legal it is and the bunny huggers that try to take over a forum like this for fun. The agressiveness is to illustrate the flavor of those that we attempt to moderate. He was not chastising summer hunters or thos eof us that occasionally spill some boood.

This is a perfect example of the main weakness of these boards. It's flat, emotionless and easily misread or misunderstood or even poorly written.

Last edited:

Quote:
So your saying River Runner's post was a violation of the TOS. I dont know Jim personally. Heck all I know of him is from this board and having him tan a few hides for me. But what I do know is that he put a ton of work into this site and I just don't think he would be one to violate the TOS. So you are saying flat out that his posts were deleted because they were a violation of the TOS??? IF not than why??

Stoney- I'm not sure exactly what posts you are talking about. One of the posts did envolve a little name calling, but it also contained information that had originally been discussed in private.

If I tell you something in confidence, you should not then post what I said in the open forum.

I've witten this many times, we will and have missed River Runner very much. He did do a ton of work for PM, nobody will ever take that away from him. We owe him a great deal .......

Quote:

Quote:

Stoney- I'm not sure exactly what posts you are talking about. One of the posts did envolve a little name calling, but it also contained information that had originally been discussed in private.

If I tell you something in confidence, you should not then post what I said in the open forum.

This is a link that was just sent to me. This is the post I am talking about(to the best of my knowledge, this is the first time I saw it). I dont see a TOS violate yet is was deleted. Why? To keep people like me from asking questions about it???

http://blogs.finsandfur.net/

What inquiring minds would like to know--no, make that DEMAND TO KNOW-- is this:

How come Weasel was trying to entice others into petting the bunny--was this some sort of perverse undercover bunny-hugger "sting" operation? Do you intend to "ferret out" those members who did in fact stroke the bunny (or just greenmail them with the threat of revealing this information)?

(Whew, sure glad I sat THAT thread out!)

LionHo

Yellowhammer,

I understand that it is not any of my business why people are banned I get that, But Rich and Cal (to my knowledge) were fairly tame compared to some people who cuss like crazy on here and call people backstabbin Baptist. If you suspend the previous guy you need to ban the latter w/o question. Just my .02 cents. I think the mods do a good job, most are even very helpful and are not big headed at all. I for one have neen treated fairly and appreciate it. On the other hand I believe some have been given to free of a rein with their posts on here, I do not expect the mods to get involved in these situations other than shuting them down when they step over the line. If they don't then I will handle the situation with the name caller if he comes to the oklahoma hunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Rus

I really don't know the whole story of whats going on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif probably never will, but thats all right with me because ALL you moderators out there do an execllent job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Always have been more than happy you help me when I needed help, always answer my questions promply when I message you guys, so you have my support keep up the good work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif I for one would hate to see this site go away or get torn apart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Remember we all have common bonds that brings us here hunting and our love of the outdoors! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
Mods: I agree wholeheartedly with Greg about the site and the effort it takes / y'all have taken to maintain it and make it what it has become. (Mostly thanks to the booming popularity of predator hunting in the US, and that largely because lots of it is year-round opportunity to pursue game... but I digress...) However, I think it needs to be understood that I can agree with Stoney too, in that, people are going to want to know what's going on. There's nothing wrong with that, and I think it could be explained and discussed without getting into a tinkling match with anyone. (Even though a guy like Stoney MAY occasionally let a little emotion slip into his prose! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) Many of the guys that are getting ruffled and leaving, or that are getting pinched, are the guys that us newbies are learning the most from... doing searches thru the archives and etc. These are a few of the grizzled old-timers of calling and of PM. So wondering what's going on, well, that's just going to happen, and it's not wrong or bad or anything like that. It's just the way it is. I think it's important to recieve an inquiry like Stoney made at the get go of this thread with open ears, and to respond to it openly and honestly. I think that's really important. Just let it be said. I know privacy is a concern in this society, but I think in this context, it's less of a concern than it seems. Air it out. Then we'll know and this will be done.

I have my own reasons for leaving, River runner and the mutiny are none of my business, I don't like how it is being handled.
Another reason is ths place is becoming like Hollywood with everyone wanting to become movie stars or make a buck some other way.
Discussions are part of why I came here, now it's just arguing with guys who take sides without knowing first hand what the discussion is about.

Now would someone delete my account please.

It was clear to see from viewing River Runner's website that he got tired of people undermining him and taking over, so got out and started over.... People come along when someone starts something good, claiming to want to help or just be a part of it all, then end up sabotaging and backstabbing to get a hold of the good stuff and take credit for it. I don't blame RR for moving on, some are and rightfully should follow suit, good for you River Runner! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

We did not remove KeeKee, he chose to step down for his own reasons, I will not second guess his motives.

Most of us have been here as long as Jim Champion, we are not a bunch of Johnny come lately's. Jim did not start this site, he was voted in to take over the reigns after Mike Paul and Jason stepped down. Jim Champion and Randy Black were voted into their positions by the very moderating staff that supposidly undermined him. Randy Black is still the official board owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back