Keyholing suddenly! Ahhh! 17Rem...

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI got it, bad propane when annealing the new brass. Thats got to be it!

That would only apply if he were in the southern hemisphere.

Travis

I hate to say it , but after 22 pages of suggestions, bad humor,good humor, ideas that might work and alot that unquestionably wont work, I'd sell the dern thing. JMO

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI hate to say it , but after 22 pages of suggestions, bad humor,good humor, ideas that might work and alot that unquestionably wont work, I'd sell the dern thing. JMO

I just hope the time honored tradition of calling "dibs" is still recognized.

Travis

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI hate to say it , but after 22 pages of suggestions, bad humor,good humor, ideas that might work and alot that unquestionably wont work, I'd sell the dern thing. JMO

Or he could simply locate a smith with a bore scope and find out for sure what's going on but that idea was dismissed within the first few posts.

Oh,,, and remind me not to ever buy a gun from you.

I always love how folks suggest selling their problems to someone else. That's pretty lowly. Fix it, rebarrel, etc. Don't pawn you problems off to someone else.

That, and I can't figure out how there isn't a single gunsmith, within a decent distance, with a bore scope. Like Charlie said, a scope would have determined the issue from the beginning.

And use solvents meant to clean guns, not car parts.

True

I was just making a joke (sorta).
I was under the assumption that this thread had become the dumping ground for bad jokes and wise cracks.

Originally Posted By: RePeteTrue

I was just making a joke (sorta).
I was under the assumption that this thread had become the dumping ground for bad jokes and wise cracks.

Well, in that case.

GFY.

Travis

Figuring out this rifle has been pretty high on my emotional priority list, but life keeps getting in the way.
smile.gif
I sold my house and moved to a new city since this all started. Shipped the cleaning supplies to my new address, but then the post office screwed up and gave me the wrong mail box key, took a week to sort that out. Unpacked at the new house, set up the computers, surround sound, washer/dryer, utilities, all that good stuff, n got the bore cleaning done. Now I'm ready to go shoot now that I have a few days off work but my shooting spots are much further away... Trust me, this is driving me crazy too!

I am scheduled to test fire my 17Rem in the morning. Finally!

Dear moderator,
Please kill this thread, or all of us who waste our time reading it!!! DD, if I may ask, why have you not asked CZ (or a gunsmith) to inspect the firearm?? Trust me, ask, it's probably FREE!!! I'm far from an expert but I know to ask people who make a living from a profession for advice. Never outsmart a pro at his craft. Common sense there. DD, I'm not being critical I just think that it merits very serious consideration. I sincerely hope you get the firearm working to your satisfaction. Good luck and we are all hoping for a happy ending or we wouldn't follow this thread.:) my poor attempt at humor notwithstanding.

Last edited:
There is a local gun butcher who screwed up one of my rifles a few years ago. (Incorrectly drilled and tapped a rifle for a scope mount, then I returned it and allowed him to fix it and he screwed it up AGAIN the 2nd time and lied to me about it). Other gun smiths in the region (1-2 hours driving) require 2-3 months wait for simple tasks like chopping 2" off a barrel or drill/tapping holes for scope mounts.

I'm NOT going to leave my rifle at a chain smoker's shop until Halloween so he can use a bore scope and tell me IF the problem is something I can fix myself.

Originally Posted By: crazyyoteDear moderator,
Please kill this thread, or all of us who waste our time reading it!!! DD, if I may ask, why have you not asked CZ (or a gunsmith) to inspect the firearm?? Trust me, ask, it's probably FREE!!! I'm far from an expert but I know to ask people who make a living from a profession for advice. Never outsmart a pro at his craft. Common sense there. DD, I'm not being critical I just think that it merits very serious consideration. I sincerely hope you get the firearm working to your satisfaction. Good luck and we are all hoping for a happy ending or we wouldn't follow this thread.:) my poor attempt at humor notwithstanding.

No wonder we can't get rifles done in a reasonable time frame - the gunsmiths are busy inspecting dirty rifles for FREE... don'tcha love it when someone brings something to your business and expects you do do something for FREE.

That's how we pay our bills.

It's why I don't sell ammunition retail any more. I can't afford the BS time it takes to sell a box of bullets.

I talked to DD this morning after leaving the range....

He is pretty sure that he has the answer to the problem & I wanted to be the one to tell everyone (after finding the real answer) how stupid some of the suggestions were... I mean seriously... some resposes were just plain rediculous.

Ready for the answer/fix??? After much cleaning, perfecting handloading tasks, annealing flash holes, measuring boattail ogives, sorting primers, glassing bedding the trigger, & refinishing the wood to an oil base seal... Would you believe he has found out that wearing a blue shirt while shooting the rifle been the problem the whole time... Put on a red one this morning & everything was GTG.

Originally Posted By: coleridgeI talked to DD this morning after leaving the range....

He is pretty sure that he has the answer to the problem & I wanted to be the one to tell everyone (after finding the real answer) how stupid some of the suggestions were... I mean seriously... some resposes were just plain rediculous.

Ready for the answer/fix??? After much cleaning, perfecting handloading tasks, annealing flash holes, measuring boattail ogives, sorting primers, glassing bedding the trigger, & refinishing the wood to an oil base seal... Would you believe he has found out that wearing a blue shirt while shooting the rifle been the problem the whole time... Put on a red one this morning & everything was GTG.

Well, there ya' go!!

Now, that wasn't that hard, was it??

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: coleridgeI talked to DD this morning after leaving the range....

ohmy.gif
And all this time I thought it was his shoes were to tight
blink.gif

Dirty Dog, what are you doing online, your suppose to be test firing that thing right now

Last edited:
Back