ICOtec Electronic Predator Callers

OK guys Ive been doing some research on the net and here's what Ive learned so far. The icotec is a 16 bit system where as the foxpro is a 24 bit system the human ear mite not be able to hear the difference but ill bet that a coyote can.
Now the question we have to ask is will a coyote care? maybe maybe not. Ive heard some pretty ugly sounding howls come out of some of the so called experts using hand calls. So a 16 bit Ecaller has to be better than that but Ill leave it up to you guys to decide.I'm really interested to hear how you guy do over the next few months and the year coming up
So Intel then good hunting
Ace

I have an icotec and their junk! Not near loud enough and their recordings have a amplifier/static background noise. Haven't had a single dog come into it.

Originally Posted By: WyotrackerI have an icotec and their junk! Not near loud enough and their recordings have a amplifier/static background noise. Haven't had a single dog come into it.

lol.gif
bet there is hundreds of guys never called anything with their brand new fancy foxpro callers too. ever think it might be the guy using the caller?

I have seen many fox, raccoon, and coyotes get the lead pill with hunters using the $60 ICOtec. Must have banged yours there every bit as loud as a spitfire, and the sounds on the 2 I have heard sound darn good. Two posts, i agree probably user fault or you got a bad one, and I have not heard that being the problem yet either. Darn good little call for the money and real good sounds from one of the top companies in the sport.

I have seen many fox, raccoon, and coyotes get the lead pill with hunters using the $60 ICOtec. Must have banged yours there every bit as loud as a spitfire, and the sounds on the 2 I have heard sound darn good. Two posts, i agree probably user fault or you got a bad one, and I have not heard that being the problem yet either. Darn good little call for the money and real good sounds from one of the top companies in the sport.

Like I said I really like it... Called in many fox, which is all I'm really after. I will say here in pa theres only a handful of times I wish it was louder. Out West it might be lacking the volume in wide open country, but you could always add a speaker. For the money you can't go wrong.

I can say foxes love it, I had two fighting over it and my decoy the other night. I've called in a Bobcat, crows and coyotes with it too. I wish it had more sounds.

I'm a novice I have the lower entry iotec, I've called 4 coons, a weasel, 2 bobcats, a fox, & killed a couple of yotes with it, I think it's great for a novice like me with out breaking the bank. My brother in law and a good friend also bought one, we've all had success with it. I would recommend it for someone who is testing the waters so to speak and doesn't want to break the bank.
I like that you can play two calls at once. I like the range of the remote it's excellent, sounds are loud for. 69.00 call( got mine on sale at midway.usa) I do wish it was a little louder but it seems to be loud enough. As far as the clarity, sounds good, when it's wide open on volume it may be a bit distorted. Fuzzy maybe, but not much if any. I think I made great choice with getting it. As far as I can tell it's got plenty enough sounds to get a person started, the pup sound with cotton tale in distress sound got me a male back during the snow one morning, and the coyote howls and such had helped me locate them at night. I really like the jackrabbit in distress sound it has also brought in some yotes for me, and we don't have jackrabbits here, i don't know how that's working but it is.
Bash me if u want but I like the caller

Last edited:
I have to admit, the Icotec 300 does an outstanding for a entry level caller. My friend has one and swears by it. I realize it is a cheap call but it does a good job on coyotes and fox. Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted By: Walter FrazeeI have to admit, the Icotec 300 does an outstanding for a entry level caller. My friend has one and swears by it. I realize it is a cheap call but it does a good job on coyotes and fox. Just my 2 cents.

Cheap or just not overpriced?

Back