ICOtec Electronic Predator Callers

Originally Posted By: predyotevarmintOriginally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: doa
Downside to selling case after case, I remember before all this predator tv hype a time when I only knew a couple other guys that called in my whole county.

Man, THOSE were the days.
smile.gif

It was not easy back then either. But I have to say that hand callers work better than Ecallers.I still believe that to this day.More emotion into the call and it is always different.

I agree with not any easier... But it sure was nice that it never crossed your mind you might be calling a spot that had been called the day (or hour) before by a half dozen others.
Dont get me wrong, there has been alot of really cool things that have come about with the popularity boom of our sport.

If this call has the same supposed wt sounds as the echo im out. I dont believe many of the sounds are even real animals. It sounds like someone usimg an hs estrus whimper to produce all the sounds.

Cawilson, I couldn't tell you either way. I've not listened to any WT sounds since I was researching what I wanted for my first electronic call.
Most of the sounds are really pretty decent on it. The rabbit distress has a little(for lack of better words) distortion to it I dont care for. All in all though, it's not bad. I think for a guy wanting to try predator calling and not break the bank, it's a great starting point.

I purchased one of these a few weeks ago. Used it on Tuesday and had some quick results. Within 30 seconds of turning the call on we had them running towards us. The first one was about a 35lb male that I shot at 28 yards. He was seriously going to tackle the call. I missed the other one 3 times after that - bummer.

I don't know if these coyotes had never been called to - or what. Regardless - they were close and the call worked.

Simple cottontail distress.

The call uses 4 AA batteries and the remote has a battery like a watch - which I assume shouldn't need to be replaced too often. Or atleast hopefully not.

Originally Posted By: smitty273Does the call plug in to recharge or do you need to take the batteries out and replace or recharge?

There is no charging port. Replace or take out to charge.

Any long term thoughts on these calls? I'm looking for my first call and a store has a few models of this brand for decent prices.

eh, i got one of the gc 300 things as a gift and tried it out in wv over a holiday, not a great field test but i wasn't overly impressed with the results, fooled a few birds and if I had been looking for crows or a hawk it would have done fine but didn't have much yote luck the three or four times i went out.

Originally Posted By: joshdosmileh, i got one of the gc 300 things as a gift and tried it out in wv over a holiday, not a great field test but i wasn't overly impressed with the results, fooled a few birds and if I had been looking for crows or a hawk it would have done fine but didn't have much yote luck the three or four times i went out.

spend a few hundred dollars more on a caller. then you can feel better about calling birds and hawks when there is no coyotes around.

Amen to that.

I've been at this a pretty long time and I have yet to find a caller that wouldn't call predators if everything else is right. Even the first generation JS Attractor that I couldn't hear 30' away brought in a triple the first time out. It, a couple rounds of BB and a hand call was pretty handy to have in the pocket of my bird hunting coat when I'd find one of those spots that just scream "Call Here"

I had an ICOTEC GC300 for about a year. It called plenty of coyotes but only the one that were there to begin with. My complaints about the call was that it wasn't expandable (12 sounds), and you couldn't add a speaker for more volume. The remote while not an lcd screened backlight buttoned remote worked flawlessly well over 100 yards away. I "upgraded" to a Foxpro Wildfire 2 and couldn't get the same remote performance even at the best of times. That little Icotec simply can't be beat for an $80 caller.

My hunting partner has the 300 and it called in several coyotes for us last year. I thought the sound was good and it worked well. When I got my Fury he just takes his along for backup because the volume difference is noticeable and I can add the toa speaker. I would say it's very comparable to the Wildfire I had, but not programmable. It looks like the newer, larger ones are programmable and might be worth looking into.

I've got the gc500 you can put up to 200 sounds on it hook up a decoy to it and control it with the remote and hook up a speaker to it I've played with it in the house and in the yard remote range seems great I went out calling yeasterday and put it down in a valley so I had no line of sight I was about 60 yds away and the remote worked great I am happy with it the only bad thing I can find about this caller is you can not play foxpro sounds on it but I can live with it it dose a I need an e-caller to do for now my main sounds come from my custom hand calls hopes this helps some of you callers

So I broke down and bought the gc300 based on the good reviews on the internet. I also own a wildfire 2 & hellfire. For $80 it is ok. On mine the sound distorts on high volume with cottontail, jackrabbit, and pup distress. The other sounds have fair clarity. The remote distance works from a long ways out, even in the cold. My 2 FoxPro barely give me 30-40 yards when it is really cold. Both FoxPro kill this thing when it comes to clarity. I think it will call predators, but I was a little disappointed considering the reviews that are on the net. I had a flextone echo that was much clearer than this, but the volume just wasn't enough. This icotec is louder than the flextone, but the distortion is a little too much on the sounds I would use the most.

I just purchased the ICOtec GC500 a few weeks ago. I'm new at this so still learning. Haven't had the chance to take it out in the field yet but as far as volume I can crank it all the way up with no distortion on any of the calls. Plus they just released some new free calls you can download for it. So for now I'm quite happy with what I got for the price.

I have the 300 and it seems to being doing a way better job than me I have called in a Fox with it so far and have seen a few sets of eyes but never more than that might be my set up but it does work.
Since this is my first caller I'm kinda at a handicap but the pup distress and the cotton tail do sound a little strained at times but I didn't know if it was the wind or me but if need be it won't hurt to back the throttle down a tad . Would just give me more set up options .

Scott

I have a the 500 and it has been calling lots of coyotes up ! I love mine ! sold foxpro hellfire and got Icotec . very user friendly remote at night . love mine !

Just bought the GC500. Haven't used it yet, but hope to soon. Sound quality is great and I have already added about 50 new sounds, which is very easy to do with this call (you will need a larger SD card than the one that comes with the call).

Back