GAS PRICES AND BUG OUT PLAN?

I dont understand why we keep sending so much $$$ to them ..sorry for not being politically correct.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/bakken.asp

edit to remove un politically correct wording
mad.gif

Last edited:
Gas will be $4 / gal by Memorial Day nation wide. Obama will blame Bush / Cheney and their Oil Moguls instead of his failed policies. Obama wants collapse. New currency will prevail (not dollar) and inflation will balance the budgets of the States and reduce Federal Debt. Chaos will be brutal in the cities and shortages will be real in rural areas. If the product can get anywhere it will cost a ton. Small town America should start thinking communtiy / local Ag & stock, security, water and self-sufficency on a larger than family scale. I'm gettin' ready and have been making a smaller & smaller footprint for many years.

my guess is that you're being highly optimistic. lacking some change for the better, and I don't see any indication of that, we seem to be on track to hit $4 by the end of march at the latest. some states are already over that now.

I just going by the Lund Report for unleaded nationwide. Here it is $3.05. Last 2 week increase was 2nd highest ever in that period due to uprisings. Worse case senario indicates $150 - $200 / brl oil which would equate close to $6 / gal. Either way it is not good. Our weak dollar will do us under if drastic measures are not taken. Hard to do when Unions are asking for a bigger slice of pie when the pie tin is already in the garbage.

thumbup.gif
OKC having numerous armed robberies, one store was targeted by two in one night but somehow the clerk managed to not let them have any loot! Shell on Main in Norman $2.99 gas! Lowest in City!

Good hunting!
thumbup.gif

WY has been quite. But, when they do catch someone doing wrong the people, police, townhall and courts are all on the same page. Person goes bye-bye or pays enormous fines. Most of the stuff here wouldn't get a police response in the NE.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishmaybe we can go do some calling sometime.

I'd like that. We'll have to plan it out one day,

Anyone else think the shelves at their Wal-Mart looked kind of empty? It might have just been the day we went in, but the wife and I both thought it looked pretty picked over.

Quote:Anyone else think the shelves at their Wal-Mart looked kind of empty? It might have just been the day we went in, but the wife and I both thought it looked pretty picked over. Have they recently redesigned that store?? They've been going through a lot of them and relaying all the merchandise shelves...

When they did ours back around Thanksgiving, you would have sworn they were going out of business for a few weeks... Now it's back to normal, but I can't find anything as easy..and they've eliminated some of my favorite areas, or at least combined them with some other areas...

Just paid $3.60 yesterday $97. to fill my truck! OUCH!
Both trucks takes almost 2 bills.

Time to drill boys!
thumbup1.gif

Time to elect people who support and actually will honor and cherish and give respect to the Constitution and Bill of Rights,.and its Amendments.

V

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:Anyone else think the shelves at their Wal-Mart looked kind of empty? It might have just been the day we went in, but the wife and I both thought it looked pretty picked over. Have they recently redesigned that store?? They've been going through a lot of them and relaying all the merchandise shelves...

When they did ours back around Thanksgiving, you would have sworn they were going out of business for a few weeks... Now it's back to normal, but I can't find anything as easy..and they've eliminated some of my favorite areas, or at least combined them with some other areas...

In the process... They are also dropping a lot of name brand merchandise. Found several items I had been purchasing there before the remodel, gone after the remodel. And, they are eliminating sections that aren't real profitable. Here locally, the sewing section disappeared. Have heard that section only remained in some stores; the one here in town didn't see enough sales in that section to warrant keeping it.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:Anyone else think the shelves at their Wal-Mart looked kind of empty? It might have just been the day we went in, but the wife and I both thought it looked pretty picked over. Have they recently redesigned that store?? They've been going through a lot of them and relaying all the merchandise shelves...

In the process... They are also dropping a lot of name brand merchandise. Found several items I had been purchasing there before the remodel, gone after the remodel. And, they are eliminating sections that aren't real profitable. Here locally, the sewing section disappeared. Have heard that section only remained in some stores; the one here in town didn't see enough sales in that section to warrant keeping it.

The hec with Wal-Mart they are part of the problem.

Originally Posted By: VaportrailOriginally Posted By: Rocky1Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:Anyone else think the shelves at their Wal-Mart looked kind of empty? It might have just been the day we went in, but the wife and I both thought it looked pretty picked over. Have they recently redesigned that store?? They've been going through a lot of them and relaying all the merchandise shelves...

The hec with Wal-Mart they are part of the problem.

Dang straight they are. I wish things would go back to more localized shopping with farmers markets, mom and pop stores and maybe a product or two made in America. It might cost more but at least it would keep the money local. I think as fuel prices get higher it might help keep people local when shopping, but people are dumb and will spend $50 to go save $30.

I hear ya! My closest store for anything is 6 miles,.Mom and pop store.

Yes, the prices are high, but they do alot of the leg work to get what you want too. Now the Wally-World is 32 miles, So you can save gas money and pay more or spend gas and pay less! But some people don't realize the wear and tear on your truck or car whatever to get there and back adds up slowly!

At $3.65 a gal here things havent changed much except for a few vehicles sitting with FOR-SALE signs on them... Soon these as these prices go high enough when it dont pay to go to work then we''ll have a little excitement... untill then sit here and watch the country go down the drain.... Soon you''ll start seeing flags with STARS & SICKLES on them riding high on Tanks going throu town Then WALMART wont seem so bad......( Time for another cup of coffee i dosed off and was dreamming for a second hahahahhaha !!!! ) HEY WHAT IF THIS DOES HAPPEN - WHAT CHA GONNA DO ? Those MOM & POP stores aint gonna save ya. By the time you get there some idiot will have robbed them and cleaned em all out....There i go again with a few scenerio's... Keeps ya all on your toes dont it ?

Quote:Those MOM & POP stores aint gonna save ya. By the time you get there some idiot will have robbed them and cleaned em all out....There i go again with a few scenerio's... Keeps ya all on your toes dont it?

They are doing that already! Hec, a couple weeks ago some smudge pot walked in the back of Mom and Pops store took off his or her worn out old bog sneakers and slipped on a brand spankin new pair of $90. Ranger red rubber paks and walked out with them,..I beleive if I counted right (3) banks have been hit within the last 6-8 months around here in central Maine.

Longbarrel,
$3.65! You must be up county to be paying that much already. Just got back from Newport sign said $3.59.9/10. And no I wasn't at Wal-Mart!

the price of gas, by itself, should not be causing most people significant problems. I like cheap gas as much as anyone & when it costs more, that does cut into other things.

But let's put some hard numbers on it for perspective. My Silverado, around town, gets 12 - 13 MPG. For simple math let's call it 12.

The avg driver puts 12 - 15K on a vehicle per year. Again, for simple math (and bc it's fairly accurate for my truck), I'll use 12,000 miles per year.

At 12 MPG, that's 1,000 gallons of gas. If gas is $1.00 higher, from one near to the next, that costs me an extra $1000 for the year, or $83.33 per month.

If $83 per month is gonna break me, frankly, I'm riding too close to the friggin' cliff to start with.

If yours gets 20 MPG or better, it's even less an impact.

What's hurting more than that is the indirect costs, which we're enjoying at retail right now. Some of that is due to higher fuel costs, but I'm not convinced that it's solely, or even substantially to blame. I'm looking more at this bunch and the amount of brand new money they created & injected into the economy. That simply has to have had a huge impact in devaluing the dollar.

The combination of higher fuel costs, a weaker dollar, inflation, debt screaming out of control, well now that's starting to add up to a deadly mixture. Just how much we can take before we hit ignition I really don't know.

Back