GAS PRICES AND BUG OUT PLAN?

Not much being said on the news,But they have passed a new law on the truckers of America,Although they are not enforcing it yet,When they do start according to American Truckers Asso- there will be around 250000 drivers out of a job,I've seen a print on the new laws & it's crazy,One exp- is if your 30% over body wt# you would loose your medical card,No medical no job,
Points against your license for improper equipment,
They have already started on the equipment,I got a ticket for one of my side marker light not working & it was in day time
scared.gif

JMO But when you take 250000 trucks off the road all at once then it will be SHTF,,,,,Mark

Quote:One exp- is if your 30% over body wt# you would loose your medical card,No medical no job,
Mark, That concept has been bandied around for several years...At one time they were trying to get it in place in law enforcement, but the courts upheld that the 30%, or what ever standard they were attempting to apply, wasn't really valid unless there was a proven negative effect on an individual basis, relative to job performance, as most of the weight charts were not scientifically proven to be accurate...

For instance, my weight, according to one chart that was brought up was supposed to be 181#... I was 6'-0" and weighed 185 at age 13 (spent most of my teenage summers in hay fields and delivering furniture) and 195# when I went into law enforcement with documentation to back it up...30% over that chart weight would have limited me to 235.3# and I was at 237 when promoted...It had no real bearing on my ability to supervise others and no doctor could find any "real" evidence that I was "unhealthy" at the time...Even then they were talking about a 20% overweight factor...

If the industry ever starts trying to enforce those standards, I think they will have a real legitimate fight (legally) on their hands before it's all over..

Sure hope that is the case,I think my weight would be O.K,But they sure are alot of fellows out there (Drivers)that is over weight.
They havn't started enforcing it yet.I've been driving a long time,& all that is on my record is 2 log book fines & the light,But according to the new law If I get one more of any thing on my record I'd be out also.
With no accidents or moving vilations on my record for as many years I've been out there.That don't seem right to me.

(quoted from ADK ) Guess what! It was recently made public that a Muslim organization with known ties to the Muslim Brotherhood just bought 140 acres 2 miles down the road from his house . Bugging out is now on his list of options.

Look around (get a map on Muslim Brotherhoods) there everywhere people it's no secret if you know the right people.... Were in a world of s*** and no-one is paying attention which dont surprise me any at all look back at 9-11-01.. And with a (......) in the whitehouse nothing has changed..... BETTER UP-DATE ALL YOUR BUG-OUT OPTIONS.... your all a few miles down the road from a world of hurt. meaning Muslims , Sammy's , Mexicans ,WAKE UP YA'LL and smell the coffee...

Originally Posted By: Longbarrel(quoted from ADK ) Guess what! It was recently made public that a Muslim organization with known ties to the Muslim Brotherhood just bought 140 acres 2 miles down the road from his house . Bugging out is now on his list of options.

Look around (get a map on Muslim Brotherhoods) there everywhere people it's no secret if you know the right people.... Were in a world of s*** and no-one is paying attention which dont surprise me any at all look back at 9-11-01.. And with a (......) in the whitehouse nothing has changed..... BETTER UP-DATE ALL YOUR BUG-OUT OPTIONS.... your all a few miles down the road from a world of hurt. meaning Muslims , Sammy's , Mexicans ,WAKE UP YA'LL and smell the coffee...

I hope and pray you are wrong Longbarrel but I fear you are right. I've heard it said the average American has a memory that lasts about two election cycles. Unfortunately, 9/11 was longer ago than that and most Americans went back to sleep. If you are right Longbarrel good Americans are going to pay dearly.

Originally Posted By: Bama_Mikeyou better, i'll need a good spotter lol

Like riding a bike! Just have to kick the mud off my boots first!

Yeah! You would be my first choice as MY! Spotter!
lol.gif

shotgroup-1630yds.jpg

Originally Posted By: VaportrailOriginally Posted By: Bama_Mikeyou better, i'll need a good spotter lol

Like riding a bike! Just have to kick the mud off my boots first!

Yeah! You would be my first choice as MY! Spotter!
lol.gif

shotgroup-1630yds.jpg

Yeah I prolly better be the spotter...your getting to old and your eyes might not pick up trace and wind direction past 30 yds....don't worry i'll walk you on....lol

No disrespect meant at all but to the bugout folks.Where do you bug out to?I am afraid you might be a threat to the folks already there.I am just asking??

I hope and pray you are wrong Longbarrel but I fear you are right. I've heard it said the average American has a memory that lasts about two election cycles. Unfortunately, 9/11 was longer ago than that and most Americans went back to sleep. If you are right Longbarrel good Americans are going to pay dearly.

I hear ya on the memory thing... This is why ""HISTORY"" repeats itself... and it will happen again I DONT FEEL BAD FOR EM''!!!! if there that stupid to keep forgetting important things that has happend ( BIG ENOUGH AS 9-11-01 ) then they deserve what they get....( VAPORTRAIL good shooting there them .338's can really get out there and tag em''...... ) A great potatoe-field /Coyote gun [beeep] i see ya from Maine !!!! (Ya sorta look like a ARMY engineer i use to know..)

ADK : They (good Americans) will get the big picture real fast hopefully some of us will be mobile enough to give em a hand if they need it... As were all on the way to our BUG-OUT location....

Originally Posted By: Longbarrel( VAPORTRAIL [beeep] i see ya from Maine !!!! (Ya sorta look like a ARMY engineer i use to know..)

ARMY, Yes! Engineer,..No,..My MOS-18B4PW8
grin.gif

Quote:"No disrespect meant at all but to the bugout folks.Where do you bug out to?I am afraid you might be a threat to the folks already there.I am just asking??"

East Tennessee??
lol.gif

Vaportrail

Quote:"No disrespect meant at all but to the bugout folks.Where do you bug out to?I am afraid you might be a threat to the folks already there.I am just asking??"

Quote:East Tennessee??

Yeah, I figure somewhere in the Greeneville, Baileyton, Kingsport, Rogersville area ought to do.
scared.gif

During y2k a fellow bought some land across the creek from my place and built a shop and small living area.Turns out he is a master barrel maker.He really is a master i think.He turns out the best work I have ever seen.He is mostly retired now and just does what he wants to do.We have become the best of friends and shooting buddies.We spot for each other and sometimes do a lot of shooting.He has competed all over the world and has held several world records in his time.He sure is hard to spot for.If you can spot for him you should be able to spot for most anyone.It sure works good when he spots for me though.Ha

(quote from Mark Williams ) when you take 250000 trucks off the road all at once then it will be SHTF !!!!

YEAH THAT DOES THROW A MONKEY WRENCH INTO THE GEARBOX.....

Vaportrail ) 18B = S.F. Right its been a while here.. What GRP. if you dont mind me asking ? ( 4W8 Not firmiliar with that one )

Originally Posted By: mark williamsNot much being said on the news,But they have passed a new law on the truckers of America,Although they are not enforcing it yet,When they do start according to American Truckers Asso- there will be around 250000 drivers out of a job,I've seen a print on the new laws & it's crazy,One exp- is if your 30% over body wt# you would loose your medical card,No medical no job,
Points against your license for improper equipment,
They have already started on the equipment,I got a ticket for one of my side marker light not working & it was in day time
scared.gif

JMO But when you take 250000 trucks off the road all at once then it will be SHTF,,,,,Mark

Never happen... They would have to prove you pose a risk personally, otherwise they would face charges for profiling! The law would be found discriminatory, especially at only 30%, that is ridiculous. I've been more than 30% overweight according to the charts for nearly 20 years, I've been to the doctor once in the last 13 years. The 2 or 3 times I saw one in 1997 was for a chipped bone in my ankle. He told me I should have surgery to remove the chip, I told him to go pound sand, he told me he'd operate sooner or later, 13 years later the other ankle gives me more grief than the one he wanted to operate on. Prior to that, a few trips to the chiropractor; the next spring I invested in a new gas auger and quit trying to drill 20 - 30 holes in the ice by hand, then turning my back to the wind. Haven't been back to see him since either.

If you think getting written up for a side marker light during the day is tough, you need to get out of Tennessee and visit a few other parts of the world. Florida is a PIA!! South Dakota is a PIA!! Utah and Nevada are a PIA!!! California is a bigger PIA than all the above combined!!

The yo-yos down here are pulling EVERY TRUCK on I-75 in and weighing them this week. As in no drive through, they are pulling everyone up on the scale. Went to central Florida last night, wasn't even heavy. Guy came out and checked my registration for no apparent reason. Coming home today they weighed my empty flat bed truck!!! Guess they thought them 3 - 2x6s I had on the back looked heavy.

------------

Just remember, when all you city folks Bug Out, we country folks really don't want you camping in our backyards!! Y'all chose to live in the city, we are out here in the country because we don't want to deal with that many neighbors. You start tromping through our gardens, fishing in our ponds, and trying to hunt the deer we've been feedin in our backyard, and you're subject to be an endangered species.

Last edited:
Just remember, when all you city folks Bug Out, we country folks really don't want you camping in our backyards!! Y'all chose to live in the city, we are out here in the country because we don't want to deal with that many neighbors. You start tromping through our gardens, fishing in our ponds, and trying to hunt the deer we've been feedin in our backyard, and you're subject to be an endangered species.

Well said !!!! Most of us up here have to deal with you city-ya-hoo's shooting the trees full of holes once or twice a month during Hunting season... WE DONT LIKE IT ! But the state says you are welcome that will not be the situation if TSHTF.

thumbup.gif
Think we do not have any more OPEN SPACE? Get your copy of THE BIG OUTSIDE by Dave Foreman and Howie Wolke. A descriptive Inventory of the Big Wilderness Areas of the United States.

It shows and describes all the 'roadless' wildness in the United States and there is a lot!

I have my copy and have already been to many of the places it identifies and describes!

Good hunting!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: ExpertMarksman
thumbup.gif
Think we do not have any more OPEN SPACE? Get your copy of THE BIG OUTSIDE by Dave Foreman and Howie Wolke. A descriptive Inventory of the Big Wilderness Areas of the United States.

It shows and describes all the 'roadless' wildness in the United States and there is a lot!

I have my copy and have already been to many of the places it identifies and describes!

Good hunting!
thumbup.gif

Here Ya go!

The Big Outside

Back