Forum Wars?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure hes a legend in his own mind,lets elect him official PM "special needs" mascot,after all PM has a charitable agenda.

HOW this thread is being handled is what leads to all of the mystery and intrigue that it is shrouded in. I will say this to the staffers and moderators here that not being forthright with information (even dirty laundry) is what gets the masses going. You guys let this stuff go, which you should, but don't provide any detail. Leads to gossip.

Wow Barry. You said a mouthful...far more tactful that I could have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The title of this thread "Forum Wars?!" is a joke in itself. It reminds me of our youngest daughter and the neighborhood girls who create a "club" and Suzy can't be in my club, because she's in Kara's club. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif What a bunch of wasted time and space. "My club is better than your club..." Man, some people need to get a life. What does any of this have to do with calling coyotes/cats/fox? If the people that spend so much time trying to discredit a successful organization, spent 1/10 of the time actually calling predators....they'd figure out how much of a waste of time this is. I have no patience for "armchair hunters". This soap opera channel is getting old. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony

None of the moderators or staff of PM have ever made a cent from PM. Many of us have donated quite a bit of money to keep it running.

I welcome anyone to match my contributions.

I am waiting. It is a put up or shut up thing.

Jack

Quote:
HOW this thread is being handled is what leads to all of the mystery and intrigue that it is shrouded in. I will say this to the staffers and moderators here that not being forthright with information (even dirty laundry) is what gets the masses going. You guys let this stuff go, which you should, but don't provide any detail. Leads to gossip.

I can assure you the dirty laundry is gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The mystery is why it seems to keep coming back. Point well taken and a fair question. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

When the dirty laundry got taken out, folks got upset and now you have these threads that come around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif May always be that way. Oh well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

First clue in solving the mystery, folks coming in here with few posts and say what they say.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif See above. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Second clue, folks that keep talking about the samething day in and day out. I know many of you can see that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Somebody makes a stupid post and the trolls jump on it, SEE ABOVE.

The majority of members is our concern, the few curious who might really like to know and the few trolls that come around is not going to take us away from the overall objectives of this website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I think letting this run, you all can decide on your own that something stinks and make your own decision on what's going on,and who's cool and who's a troll. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I see a lot of members telling it like it is on more than a couple issues these days. Your doing a fine job on this one. The majority of posters can see where the BS lies.

Bottomline folks, common sense says if you don't like this place you have the absolute right to delete this website from you computer and go elsewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I hope you ask yourself and I think most do, "why does this clown or clowns,keep coming around if they don't like this place". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Like a concerned member with 9 posts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Many of these posters you see, have several different display names so they can jump around from website to website causing problems.

There may be some that have erectile dysfunction which creates their anxiety, just my opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Just read these threads when they pop up, see who's posting and pay attention, you all can figure it out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:
None of the moderators or staff of PM have ever made a cent from PM. Many of us have donated quite a bit of money to keep it running.

I welcome anyone to match my contributions.

I am waiting. It is a put up or shut up thing.

Jack

Along with what Jack says, we are all volunteers here. Most of us spend many hours on this site for many reason and every one of them are beyond being honorable.

I am retired, so I'm the most fortunate that I can spend more time than most, well at least until coyote season comes back, then maybe not so much time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There is a season on coyotes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif I had no Idea
here in Ohio we can hunt them 24/7 365,and I do hunt them year around

I post on both boards that are being discussed in this thread

It was stated that this is a free site.My question is if this site is free why do I pay $75 to post pics of my calls

And as a paying HOB is it right for me to ask
Where all the money is spent.Is there a thread of all the money collected and where all the money is spent.
If so is it updated weekly or monthly

Why not
I belong to a couple Non Profit Orgs and the have a sheet posted where the money comes from and where it is spent so all the good people that donate can see that the money goes to a good cause.If that was done here then all the guessing
would come to an end

Quote:
I can assure you the dirty laundry is gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The mystery is why it seems to keep coming back. Point well taken and a fair question. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

When the dirty laundry got taken out, folks got upset and now you have these threads that come around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif May always be that way. Oh well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I think letting this run, you all can decide on your own that something stinks and make your own decision on what's going on,and who's cool and who's a troll. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

There may be some that have erectile dysfunction which creates their anxiety, just my opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Just read these threads when they pop up, see who's posting and pay attention, you all can figure it out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dogboy,

I've never had a problem with you and have always respected you... until the post above that I've quoted. I think you are way off base here.

You talk about "when the dirty laundry got taken out..." You weren't on staff when the "the dirty laundry" decided to leave. Jim Champion, former co-owner of PM, Brent Saxton, hunt chairman and myself, former spokesman, all resigned. None of us were "Taken out." I resent the idea that you would cast us in that light. I'm not sure if the posts in the moderators room were left as is so you can go back and read it or if some were removed or edited. Either way, with you not being on staff at the time, you have no idea what really went on. I believe you owe me an apology. As for the other former pro-staff you put down, that's between you.

When I left I said I'd be a good member and continue to contibute in a positive way without airing the dirty laundry and I have. I remain friends with Jim Champion and visit his board frequently but don't post very often. When I do, I don't post negatives about PM. I appreciate PM and all the great members here.

But, I can't sit by when I read things presented as you have done above. I think your post is very unprofessional. Your ED comment is an example and is NO different than my making insinuations about the short-comings of the size of your manhood. Tacky.

When I was on board we always felt that we had to present ourselves in a manner that modeled the behavior we wanted our members to have. I know that I fell short of that goal at times myself but it was always pointed out. Consider it pointed out to you now.

I think we could all take lessons from Michael McCasland. He should be the guy to teach "moderating 101" and it looks like you could use a refresher course.

Randy

Quote:
Wow Barry. You said a mouthful...far more tactful that I could have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The title of this thread "Forum Wars?!" is a joke in itself. It reminds me of our youngest daughter and the neighborhood girls who create a "club" and Suzy can't be in my club, because she's in Kara's club. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif What a bunch of wasted time and space. "My club is better than your club..." Man, some people need to get a life. What does any of this have to do with calling coyotes/cats/fox? If the people that spend so much time trying to discredit a successful organization, spent 1/10 of the time actually calling predators....they'd figure out how much of a waste of time this is. I have no patience for "armchair hunters". This soap opera channel is getting old. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Best post by far! Thank you Mr. Tebbe.

I am registered on both boards but spend the most time here simply because it has the most traffic. There is a lot of good information and great guys both places. The tension and animosity started behind the scenes with a handful of people and like it or not, most of us have NO idea even if we think we do. Just like what goes on behind the closed doors of a divorce. We can surmise and guess based on what we see, but will never know what goes on in the heads of the involved parties. From what I've seen in life, it takes two to tango so I can't see either side being 100% innocent but quite frankly, I don't care, that is between them.

With that in mind, I refuse to take sides and will not pass judgement based on the posts made here or on F and F. Things have been said with emotions behind them and that can bring out the worst in people. I am, however, disappointed in some of the things that have been said by those on both boards, by people who I have grown to like and respect. I hope it was just the tension and situation that brought out the antagonist and spitefulness in all.

I think we should let Buker, Champion, and others who are truely involved, handle it, or not, behind the scenes among themselves and the rest of us enjoy each others company and the information these boards provide. I work with a fellow whose sole purpose seemed to be to antagonize everybody else politically. When we finally started to ignore his attempts, as if he didn't even say anything, he quit. Even though there isn't any friendship, we can now have sane conversations and even enjoy working together at times. Think about it, just because you got stung by a bee, doesn't mean you have the right to get mad and poke the bee's nest.

Now, I just want to say that "I like who I like, both boards, and make no apologies."

Good day, I have work to do now.

Mike

For those who don't like PM, from my point of view......they can go pound sand. Having said that, I and the Mrs are going to the range this morning and blow holes through some paper. Maybe everyone ought to do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hey Predator Masters,
I retired from here a long time ago, and still haven't received a raise on my retirement check. It is still 00.00 dollars, so what gives? Still the same pay I was getting as moderator huh?

Quote:
There is a season on coyotes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif I had no Idea

It was stated that this is a free site.My question is if this site is free why do I pay $75 to post pics of my calls

Where all the money is spent.Is there a thread of all the money collected and where all the money is spent.

Why not
I belong to a couple Non Profit Orgs and the have a sheet posted where the money comes from and where it is spent so all the good people that donate can see that the money goes to a good cause.If that was done here then all the guessing
would come to an end

I'll see if I can answer that for you. Membership here is free. Anyone can sign on and as long as they post within the TOS they are welcome, unless they've already been banned, of course.

Sponsors pay a fee to advertise and sell products or services here. That revenue allows us to keep the baord running for all our members to enjoy. Did you think that the mods donated their time to run the board AND paid for it as well? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Once again I'll say this. Our annual financial statement will be out after June 2008. when our year ends. I'm not sure what you mean by "All the guessing" . There have already been several posts made that said this place is run by volunteers. If you read those or the threads about the scholarships or the Globe hunt, or you click on this site everyday and it's still here, then you should have enough info to hold you till the annual statement is done.

Or you could take Jack Roberts up on his challenge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We try to keep everyone happy, but sometimes someone may slip through the cracks. If you are having regrets about your $75 sponsorship, just let me know and we will give you a pro rated refund.

Sorry Rich. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif i'll bring it up at the next contract negotiations. I'm not sure how far I'll get with the "greedy clown " squad running this place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I was telling my child bride about all this "Forum Wars" stuff. I won't tell you what she suggested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif but she did ask why I do this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I told here it was for the big bucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif She said "OH so your zero is bigger than the other guys'" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She's seen my paychecks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Let me remind everyone that this whole "board war" was started over an e-caller. Throw a few spins on that and now it becomes attacks aimed at other boards and other people. I've been preaching for a long time that it is time to put the reigns to the e-caller companies and their representatives and unless action is taken it going to be a constant reoccuring problem.No one seems to listen or at least they fail to take off the blinders.

You know I've been a member of these boards for a long time and have seen [beeep] near every thing from hogs in the dumpster, people shotgun blasting perfectly good ecallers... to you name it.

I didn't find these sites from a google search on "find friends online" or "who has the best" whatever. Believe it or not is was "coyote hunting" and I sure do miss the open discussion on technigues etc without some interruption from someone giving a sales pitch.

And I don't think I'm alone.

Life cycle of a predator hunter.............

Finds Predator Masters in his infancy to educate himself on the sport. Over a few years he becomes proficient and either

A) Sticks around to share stories and keep up with old friends
B) Sticks around to pass on the knowledge by helping the new generation
C) Leaves the board as his mission is accomplished and he knows all there is to make him successful trip after trip thus needing no further information
D) He is in limbo and doesnt care to contribute by passing on info and chances are never made any friends, complains about his environment (board) which is what kept him around to begin with, and just really doesnt know whether he wants to leave or stick around. So he finds enjoyment in stinking up the place until he decides

What scenario do you fall in?

Quote:
Quote:

Why not
would come to an end

I'll see if I can answer that for you. Membership here is free. Anyone can sign on and as long as they post within the TOS they are welcome, unless they've already been banned, of course.

Sponsors pay a fee to advertise and sell products or services here. That revenue allows us to keep the baord running for all our members to enjoy.Did you think that the mods donated their time to run the board AND paid for it as well? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Once again I'll say this. Our annual financial statement will be out after June 2008. when our year ends. I'm not sure what you mean by AND paid for it as well? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
. There have already been several posts made that said this place is run by volunteers. If you read those or the threads about the scholarships or the Globe hunt, or you click on this site everyday and it's still here, then you should have enough info to hold you till the annual statement is done.

Or you could take Jack Roberts up on his challenge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We try to keep everyone happy, but sometimes someone may slip through the cracks. If you are having regrets about your $75 sponsorship, just let me know and we will give you a pro rated refund.

I don't think I said I was unhappy with the HOB fee,or asked for a refund.
You made the statement about [Did you think that the mods donated their time to run the board AND paid for it as well?] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The mods do donate their time...right?
I know I have read in different post where that was brought up but that thread would get locked and another person banned
So thats what brings me to the all the guessing comment that I made.

Or you could take Jack Roberts up on his challenge.

Who is Jack Roberts and what challenge

Quote:
Let me remind everyone that this whole "board war" was started over an e-caller.

Oh really? When and where was this?

I thought it started with the first post in this thread.

bnccont, the members name is in the left hand column. Jack Roberts is there as well. His is in green if that helps. If you read his post you will understand what the challenge was.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why not
would come to an end

Sponsors pay a fee to advertise and sell products or services here. That revenue allows us to keep the baord running for all our members to enjoy.Did you think that the mods donated their time to run the board AND paid for it as well? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Once again I'll say this. Our annual financial statement will be out after June 2008. when our year ends. I'm not sure what you mean by AND paid for it as well? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
. There have already been several posts made that said this place is run by volunteers. If you read those or the threads about the scholarships or the Globe hunt, or you click on this site everyday and it's still here, then you should have enough info to hold you till the annual statement is done.

I don't think I said I was unhappy with the HOB fee,or asked for a refund.
You made the statement about [Did you think that the mods donated their time to run the board AND paid for it as well?] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The mods do donate their time...right?
I know I have read in different post where that was brought up but that thread would get locked and another person banned
So thats what brings me to the all the guessing comment that I made.

Or you could take Jack Roberts up on his challenge.

Who is Jack Roberts and what challenge

Bill,I just made the offer, if you are happy with your sponsorship deal, we are too. We appreciate your support thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Correct. mods donate their time, and money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

People get banned from here after vilating our TOS and much discussion amongst the mods.

Jack Roberts has been moderating the firearms forum since gunpowder was invented. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif His challenge is 12 posts above yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Have you read all the posts here. Some questions have already been answered.
Hope this helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back