Feral cats

Quote:but, if you put the cat IN the spud gun, now you're talkin'!!....That kind of comment really demands a short video of you stuffing a cat in a spud gun....I think that would be hilarious...
thumbup.gif
... I have enough problem even picking one up...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:but, if you put the cat IN the spud gun, now you're talkin'!!....That kind of comment really demands a short video of you stuffing a cat in a spud gun....I think that would be hilarious...
thumbup.gif

With the guns I used to build, I think you'd just some red stringy stuff spraying out the end of the barrel. Not that that wouldn't be intertaining, but it doesn't have the visual effect you would be imagining.

I was referring to the problem of stuffing a live cat into a barrel of a spud gun...My house cat used to fight me just to go into a carrying kennel for a trip to the vet...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleI was referring to the problem of stuffing a live cat into a barrel of a spud gun...My house cat used to fight me just to go into a carrying kennel for a trip to the vet...

I'd like to see that video !
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: DirtydudeOriginally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:but, if you put the cat IN the spud gun, now you're talkin'!!....That kind of comment really demands a short video of you stuffing a cat in a spud gun....I think that would be hilarious...
thumbup.gif

With the guns I used to build, I think you'd just some red stringy stuff spraying out the end of the barrel. Not that that wouldn't be intertaining, but it doesn't have the visual effect you would be imagining.

I think if you use a Sabo on the cat it would eliminate the stringy stuff!!
ohmy.gif
lol.gif

Several years ago there were a lot of reports of cat mutilations in the Denver area. People were worried about a serial killer-in-traning was at work. Rewards were being offered to find the deviant responsible. Finally, someone from the Division of Wildlife examined the carcases and announced that it was a fox.

I believe the OP, might have been some else, asked if feral cats could be called.
well.... about 30 minutes ago (2:10PM) I was "messing" with the wife as she was leaving for her Mom's. I was blowing a coaxer at her making kitty kat meows and blowing some little birdy tweets. Then I went to blowing some bird distress while trilling my tongue.
As she was pulling out of the driveway, I saw something out of the corner of my eye and turned to see a feral cat hauling buggy straight for me. I froze and shut up so maybe it wouldn't associate the sound with a human and I will be able to call and remove it later this evening.
Total time of me blowing on the call was probably less the 45 seconds.
So, as I stated earlier you CAN call feral cats with a predator call. Try it. I have done it numerous times and it's almost as much fun as calling in a coyote. Especially, when one comes running to the call like that one just did.

ncWhitetail, your story realy brought back a fond memory.Probably twenty years ago while taking a brake from some national guard training in Missippi,I spotted a cat lying in the sun. He was about 60 yards away in some thick brush and briars that had over grown some old foundations. I nelt down at the edge of the parking lot and hid somewhat behind a muliaflora bush. When I lip sqeaked he sat right up and looked right in my direction. When I lip sqeaked again he started my way. I could see him now and then as he made his way to me. Wishing I had a gun or at least a slingshot, all I could find in reach was a large pinecone. Well when he finaly showed himself he was at about 15 feet and I missed. What an exciting few minits that was though. Thanks for the memory.

It looks like I'm bringing this thread back from the dead again. Obviously you guys have some more kitty stories to share. I got my first of one this year las weekend. My wife made mention of the strange cat. Long story short, one more cat down!

I go home to Georgia about once a year, and I usually shoot about 10 to knock the numbers down. It takes about a year for the numbers to build back up, from people dumping their cats in the country when they don't want them. I shot one last year and a white ball went flying and I thought I hit a golf ball or something, but it was a tight ball of tape worms that were in the cats stomach. That one was shot with the 204 it pretty much gutted the cat.

Originally Posted By: swift oneSEVERAL cats have made the fatal mistake of checking out the noise from my ecaller or handcalls. S.S.S.

I've had a couple that have made that same fatal mistake.
lol.gif

I smoked one coming out of the chicken house just a couple weeks ago.
.410 and cats are fun when they are moving at Mach 3

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KillerBearhow exactly do you know if its a feral cat i let my cats wonder in the woods there not ferel and they've been know to wander far.

If they wonder off of your property, then might not come home.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: KillerBearhow exactly do you know if its a feral cat i let my cats wonder in the woods there not ferel and they've been know to wander far.

If they wonder off of your property, then might not come home.

I get asked this same question by people who allow their animals to run at large on occasion...my answer is always the same, "when they don't come home you know I got him!!!" I don't understand why people cannot get it. It does no good to ask these kind of folks to tie up their animals because they will not do it. But they will sure cry and just don't understand when Fluffy's gone...even after having been told. To the first quote above: they become "feral" when they leave your property. Contain your animals, they kill small game.

Back