Feral cats

It's a Felony in NY to shoot a cat .....period. The Einstein answer here in the "Empire State" is ridiculous. Animal control Officers say the solution is Trapping feral cats. Once captured they are spayed or neutered and then released back in the location they were trapped! The logic being that over time, the feral cats will be unable to produce and eventually they will be gone. It's ridiculous logic.

Originally Posted By: mxkopIt's a Felony in NY to shoot a cat .....period. The Einstein answer here in the "Empire State" is ridiculous. Animal control Officers say the solution is Trapping feral cats. Once captured they are spayed or neutered and then released back in the location they were trapped! The logic being that over time, the feral cats will be unable to produce and eventually they will be gone. It's ridiculous logic.

If you look at it logically the ACO is correct. But, someone pays for all those spayed cats. Pellet rifle or 22 shorts just help this ridiculous logic along at a much quicker pace.

Originally Posted By: bulkness Originally Posted By: mxkopIt's a Felony in NY to shoot a cat .....period. The Einstein answer here in the "Empire State" is ridiculous. Animal control Officers say the solution is Trapping feral cats. Once captured they are spayed or neutered and then released back in the location they were trapped! The logic being that over time, the feral cats will be unable to produce and eventually they will be gone. It's ridiculous logic.

If you look at it logically the ACO is correct. But, someone pays for all those spayed cats. Pellet rifle or 22 shorts just help this ridiculous logic along at a much quicker pace.

A quicker pace and at a greatly reduced cost! Not to mention someone gets in a little bit of target practice in the process.
thumbup1.gif

My wife's dad caught a wild cat in a trap, wife hasn't been wanting a cat around the house for some odd reason. So she brings it home against my will. Anyways long story short open live trap the things run like crazy and I jave a new target when the stupid things shows up again, I have s black one killing my rabbits and he is next!!

they are a huge problem here.We have a barn at the end of my dead end road that people think is a great place to drop off unwanted animals.we used to raise chickens, ducks, and rabbits for meat and eggs but gave up because we just could not keep up with the ferals and fox/coyotes.It is [beeep] here!

Originally Posted By: mxkopIt's a Felony in NY to shoot a cat .....period. The Einstein answer here in the "Empire State" is ridiculous. Animal control Officers say the solution is Trapping feral cats. Once captured they are spayed or neutered and then released back in the location they were trapped! The logic being that over time, the feral cats will be unable to produce and eventually they will be gone. It's ridiculous logic.

This is done all over the beaches in Florida to. I see a surprising amount of feral cats in North Dakota I thought they'd be coyote snacks

Been reloading some .270's for a 500 yd shoot coming up in April.
Went to the gun club and was shooting some 100 gr Speer spire points that crono'd at 3500' / second.
Along comes Fluffy a white long haired Tom.
Fluffy is now pink.
Our club has an up coming coyote/crow shoot. We jokingly talked about adding ferals to the competition, but decided it would not do our club image very brightly.

I like cats.
Just take in a 6 week old kitten someone had drop in 8 degree weather that night.
That the SOB I want to shot.

Living in a semi suburban area I have to consider how far I want them to run which after reading the entire 16 pages I didnt see it discussed.....After yrs. of whackin kitties here is what Ive concluded~ head shot will usually plant em,although Ive had one that ran off after unloading my 22lr n takin it inside. Heart 50 yds er so, double lung will get ya 150 if they dont hole up n a grassbag shot sends em back where they came from to never come back again. there are many factors that are to be considered, size, the direction they are facing,time of day....ect. I HUNT CATS AS HARD AS ANY PREDATOR AND A VETERAN SURVIVOR IS VERY HARD TO KILL,one squeek of that screen door n they're off like a shot!!LOL.

Feral cats are very hard on birds. Pheasants, quail, etc. City people drop them off in the country when they get tired of them! So someone has to take care of the problem. Unless the coyotes get them first.

Back