Feral cats

I don't care about being quiet. In this county in Kentucky, any stray animal in my yard is legal for me to shoot to kill. I checked with dog catcher first, then county prosecutor. In fact, I let my neighbor(s)know I am armed and ready for the kill by walking around with crazy eyes and a gun over my shoulder. I don't necessarily hate cats as much as I hate people that let this happen. I notice many posts here stop short of certain language, I hope I am not breaking any rules by what I just posted, but its a fact that in KY your your property is off limits to any ones stray animals. The same neighbor has Shiatsu dogs that keep getting in my trap, so that has been a problem. Good dogs though, no reason for me to hurt them. The cats though are killing rabbits by the dozens and I want to harvest a few some day. Thanks for all the comments today, I like it here! Thanks for having me
smile.gif

By relocating them you only made them a problem for someone else. I've taken several cats with airguns when I lived in the city.

Everyone of you is very SICK and need professional help!

That is if I believe what I just read on MSN. Someone in New York has been killing cats in a neighborhood and several dead ones have been found. The concern the article said was that authorities think that these killings will evolve into people being killed next by the perp. Sounds like shooting cats is like doing drugs. First you start out with the small stuff and next you you know you're blasting heroin, or you start killing small cats and bam, you just shot a fricking 300 lb lady walking down the street! Be careful this doesn't lead you down the wrong path.
No wonder our Country is in trouble today with the crap the news organizations are publishing.

PS: I was in Flordia a couple years ago and on the news they were talking about a guy being charged with felony animal cruelty because he threw a bag containing kittens out the window of his car. Made me Wonder what they would do to a guy that spent an afternoon in a good dog town, capital punishment?

We have a feral dog problem around my farm. My dad still lives on the farm and cuts them no slack. I actually pick up cats from the local shelter to use for rodent control through the winter. so far by spring none are left. The local, huge coyote population gets them immediately. They become little furry coyote turds in my fields. I know they are going feral cause to this day I have never seen a cat in the woods or fields. I actually have one female cat that has made it all winter. My dad and I are predicting that when it warms up and she ventures out of the shop she will be a goner. We have bald eagles and a ton of big Hawks that will make quick work of her during the day and coyotes at night. I hate cats BTW, but I hate rats that chew my equipment wiring up worse.

Now that's funny! No more eating Chinese. A few years ago my wife and I were in a nearby city and we we were trying to find a Chinese restaurant. I stopped at a gas station and asked some young wannabe gangstas how to get there. One guy with his hat on sideways said " You gonna take your family there? They got a big investigation going on. They found cat cactuses there!" I repeated "Cat cactuses?" He looked at his friend and said "Cat cactuses, right?" His gangsta friend said "Yeah, cat cactuses." We changed our dinner plans. I thought cat cactuses might be a lot like cat carcasses.

Quote:The concern the article said was that authorities think that these killings will evolve into people being killed next by the perp.....That's the liberal media in NY...There is only a problem with people that torture animals before killing them...That's one sign of a potential psychotic...simple eradication is a lot different....

I'm about to go out and buy a good pellet gun for the local cats in this neighborhood....If you want to own an animal, keep in on your property and let it crap in your flower beds...I don't need it..

Originally Posted By: sigprosOnery, my wife and I are both sitting here with tears in our eyes watching that video. That was awesome!

That song has been around for years.. somehow it seemed fitting.. lol

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:Not if you have a cat bat!! Not as loud as a 22 and you don't have to reload it.....I've never seen a truly feral cat that I could get within bat distance...
w00t.gif

You gotta get good at your bat tossing sidearm, I've perfected it and got witnesses, I'm deadly with a bat toss out to 30 yards.

Trick is to get a good lead on them and time the throw perfectly so the heavy end of the bat rotates around for a purrfect cold conk cat bonk.

wish I had it on video, it'd have been a youtube masterpiece.

I'm a real fan of cat cloning. In fact I cloned one last Saturday. If any of you backwoods savages
unsure.gif
were paying attention in science class you would remember that cloning is where you take one organism and turn it into two or more of the same organism. My .17 Mach IV does a splendid job of turning one cat into two cats. I have the basics worked out pretty well but am a little short on some of the details. I think you are supposed start will 100% of one cat and end up with 200% of one cat. I'm having trouble getting over 100%. No matter what I try I usually end up with 80% and 20% or something like 70/30 or 60/40 depending on where I hit them. I'm open for suggestions.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: catwhacker10 GA. #4 BUCK- But not if they are sitting on the bird feeder.

Don't ask!!! I sold my SP-10 last year. I still don't think I would end up with 200%.
lol.gif

I'm selling my 17 hmr & going to get a new kitty gettin barrel for my TC. Now I just need to decide what cal. I'm considering a pistol cal carbine barrel. What would you other vermin snipers say? My shots are for the most part under 50 yds. For anything over I have the .223
I'm considering either 38 or 32 since I have pistols in these calibers & want to start reloading.

Originally Posted By: DirtydudeAnyone ever see what a spud gun does to a cat?
lol.gif

Spuds against a cat is a poor effort. They are too fast...

.. but, if you put the cat IN the spud gun, now you're talkin'!!

Back