Feral cats

have a huge cat problem at my moms her neibor is a hoarder I got nine the other evening but made a bad shot decide to get a close one with my sig sauer misquito it slammed into his front doorand did the death kick on his porch counted about 20 more in his yard ill get them eventually. at one time there was birds rabbits all over yard now all u see is deer and cats . she even had me bring her a gun and I have never seen her shoot one

Amazing how problematic the feral cat population is. We had several vicious little cats in our alley - killing birds and driving my dogs crazy. I trapped most of them and then dispatched them rather quickly. One of my neighbors followed suit. We didn't broadcast the issue, but it was quite fun - and the cat problem went away!

I don't know if this song has come up here or not but it needed posting. To the tune of the Cat's in the Cradle.

Cat's in the kettle

Did you ever think, when you eat Chinese
It ain’t pork or chicken but a fat siamese?
Yet the food tastes great, so you don’t complain.
But that’s not chicken in your chicken chow mein.
Seems to me I ordered sweet-and-sour pork
But Garfield’s on my fork.
He’s purrin’ here on my fork.

There’s a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon
The place that I eat every day at noon.
They can feed you cat and you’ll never know
Once they wrap it up in dough, boys:
They fry it real crisp in dough.

Chou Lin asked if I wanted more
As he was dialin’ up his buddy at the old pet store.
I said "Not today. I lost my appetite.
"There’s two cats in my belly and they want to fight."
I was suckin’ on a Rolaid and a Tums or two
When I swear I heard it mew, boys:
And that is when I knew...

There’s a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon
I think I gotta stop eatin’ there at noon.
They say that it’s beef or fish or pork
But it’s purrin’ there on my fork.
There’s a hair-ball on my fork.

Last edited:
Almost forgot about this. About 20 years ago there was a gun show and cat show in the Trade Mart in Jackson, MS at the same time. While I was in there I saw a button that read "Ask me about microwaving cats for fun and profit". Almost bought it.

And then there is the Chinese cookbook "How to wok your Dog".

I keep some cats around to keep the rat and mouse population down but I keep a handle on it and our dog does a pretty good job of helping in that department. We live on the highway but out in the country.

Felix the cat forgot his bag of tricks today.
Just finished up some .243 loads and took the Remington out to check a few out, and along came Felix,,,
Felix never knew what hit him.
Not much pelt remaining.

Wow, have not been on board for awhile, really surprised to see my post Is still going.
Glad I am not the only one that realizes how detrimentle these flea infested vermine are.

It never ends......kill 3 and 5 come back....it's insane. Didn't see any for a few weeks. Son and I were getting gear together one night to hunt a SGL. When I went out to start the truck up I heard fox barking from side and rear of property. I snuck the caller on the far corner of my property and we set up on the deck. A few minutes of BayBee Cottontail and there were eyes.....then they darted in...a cat, and then anther, and then another....one bolted away at the sight of the two squaring off with each other. POP one down, the other startled and wondering why the other had a sudden case of brain freeze slowly twisting around.....POP...the other down. Came back in and the wife asked if I got fox....I gave her the "grin"...she shook her head and asked "collars?"...at that time I did not know and replied "who cares"....all she said was "put them where we can't smell them this time.."

No collars by the way.....; )

Last edited:
Ha ha great song my wife's granpa married a chinia woman and bought a local Chinese restaurant I believe I will give tthis song to him. Ha ha ha classic

16204826442_fac6acfd79.jpg

We all have a laugh or two but my dad remembers being dirt floor poor and skinning cats they shot in the woods to sell them for money...he told me what they got but I don't remember.. Just imagine how many fur dealers would get now! Some people may make it rich this day and age...

i was told $2.00 a hide. i guess today's equivalent to that would probably be $20 if not more. before my great grandmother passed away she told me about how she remembered some of the Indians still being kind of wild and she said several times she had to go to there home and rescue her cats. she said they did not mean to get her cats but the Indians ate cat and rounded up and trapped all they could along with opossum and coon.

Back I in modern "glory days" (mid-70s) our buyer told us he had a market for cat skins.. it was like three bucks. We were trapping heavily and probably had 15 laying around frozen. Figured what the heck - gas money. We carried the things home, thawed them out and proceeded to skin. Of course, we started with the two biggest old toms we could find. Neither of us made it half-way through the first cat. Think of the stinkenest tom cat you ever ran across and multiply it by five. I'd rather skin a skunk or a mink anytime. Rest went in the carcass pile.
wink.gif

Last edited:
In the article it identified (felids). Is it a fair guess that they are referring felines, aka. cats?

If so the felids better look out,, I have nothing to do this weekend and the forecast is warm.

BANG FLOP!

Back