Feral cats

I love cats, I just can't seem to eat a whole one by myself
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesTrap a cat.
Send one to catwhacker.
Send the next to catshooter.
Repeat.
They love cats to death.

If you catch a duck, send it to catwhacker along with the cat. Wonder what he does to the ducks?

I'm not sure you want to know what I would do with either one of them.

Please send said cats back to the owners. They are the responsible party. I am not responsible for anything!!

WELL SOME THINGS!!

Originally Posted By: yotehunter57Originally Posted By: EJ ReichenbachCat the other white meat

Kung-pow cat, sweet and sour cat, General Tso's cat, cat on a stick, spicy cat and broccoli, and sooo many others.

Shayne

You guys crack me up...

lol.gif

Honest Injun,... in 1994, a Chinee' restaurant in Shelton CT was closed because they were serving cat.

I work with a lady who runs a feral cat organization. They trap them, fix them, and return the to the "wild". To say these folks are bat crap crazy would be an understatement!

They certainly don't like it when you suggest that a 50¢ bullet would be far more efficient.

Originally Posted By: TwoSeventyI work with a lady who runs a feral cat organization. They trap them, fix them, and return the to the "wild". To say these folks are bat crap crazy would be an understatement!

They certainly don't like it when you suggest that a 50¢ bullet would be far more efficient.

I watched a British documentary some years ago - Britain has a really bad feral cat problem. The film documented that the average house cat that was let out during the day, killed or destroyed 40 small mammals, birds, and bird eggs a day - and they didn't eat any of them.

I say shoot 'em and go home - don't bury them, let the crows eat too
smile.gif

Ran one over with the UPS truck one time, it got caught between the rear duels for about a half mile, flop flop flop flop thud bounce,

Originally Posted By: flyinlizard1Ran one over with the UPS truck one time, it got caught between the rear duels for about a half mile, flop flop flop flop thud bounce,

That's just sick!! That's the funniest dang thing I've read in some time!!Sick but funny. I can hardly type!!

There was an old man that lived about 3/4 miles from the home I grew up in. When he died he had over 50 cats. I was 16 years old and kept a 22'auto long rifle with me just for them cats. I got a lot of them but I don't think I ever got them all. Now we lived out in the country so some people might have been dumping them off.

Originally Posted By: EJ ReichenbachOriginally Posted By: catwhackerI try to hit them with the truck!! Dosn't cost a dang thing that way!!

Now where on the right track

thumbup.gif
lol.gif

About 3 huntin seasons ago a friend and I were out deer huntin and didnt shoot anything in the morning so back to the house we go, and we were out in the middle of nowhere's, and a black cat runs across the road, he claimed if we didnt shoot it something bad would happen so I was game I used my buddies 7mm STW and turned that cat into a ragdoll, I must say it was fun.

Had a neighbor when I was a kid with somewhere around 22 cats as best we could count - about 150 yards away from our chicken pen. We were losing peeps, Dad opened the season, got 'em down to 6, and stopped losing peeps....for a while. Figured we got the right cat.

Had a neighbor with about the same number of dogs about a half mile away. And we had roaming feral pack of dogs in those days preying on deer by running them to death. And not just from that neighbor - not many tied or penned dogs then, nor had them fixed. A lot of those dogs got turned into vulture bait on sight. Just how it is.

Not the animals fault, it's the human's fault, but the problem needs taken care of for of us that are bothered with the problem of logical deduction, and it's illegal to shoot most humans most of the time.

I have a neighbor now who is an avid animal "lover", anti-hunter, vegetarian, ....you get the idea. Traps cats, pays to have them fixed, lets them go again to "maintain their territory", etc. Was telling me how she paid more than normal to a vet vs her usual clinic for such things cuz she just had to get this one trapped cat fixed right away. When I asked about costs and why right away, she told me the cat was pregnant and she had to do it before it gave birth. So I asked the obvious question of how she could pay for the killing of 6 kittens and not the mother cat. She told me "becuz they aren't alive yet". I'm pretty sure she voted for Obama too. I told her I could donate a 2 cent solution to her problem when ever she needed it, save her a bundle, and take care of all 7 cats permanently. She started screaming at me....then told me the borough council was gonna reimburse her for the cost of fixing cats! Then I started screaming at her - not with my tax $$! Jefferson was right - through evolution, they've finally learned they can vote themselves $$ thru the public treasuries.

On the Chinese thing, I actually found a couple of cat traps on the edge of the parking lot of a mini mall near herewith a Chinese restaurant. Not kidding - bait and water bowls with Rubbermaid tubs. Not that I'd mind trying cat (probably already have) but tell me what I'm getting please! Have a friend that's a restaurant inspector - have to ask the question sometime.

Had a next door neighbor that was complaining about an ornery old tom that had attacked one of her friends while they were out on the front porch, she asked could I "take care of it" for her.

I tried for three months to get that thing but all I'd see is the flash as it went out of sight.

But then one day it was clear at the end of the driveway walking straight away, I ran and got the rifle (.22) and went behind the garage which added an extra 20 yards but kept the cat from seeing me.

It's tail was straight up in the air and it was walking dead straight away, the distance was enough that I aimed at the very tip of it's tail, pop. This thing jumped at least four feet straight up, and when it hit the ground it was going faster than I've ever seen a cat run within the first five feet. Ran about 100 feet and stopped so I shot it again.

I kid you not this thing got hit absolutely dead on the butt hole. I cringe thinking about it.
lol.gif

Disclaimer,
This must of happened at least 25 years ago, thereby being well beyond any statute of limitations.
grin.gif

I must confess, I too am an animal lover.
Usually with fried potatos and gravy though.

Feral animals, whether dogs or cats are tough on native wildlife everywhere.

Shayne

I had a friend back home who had a bad feral problem. I was at his house one day and he looks out the window and starts getting excited and sayin there's another one....go upstairs! I ran up there with him and he grabs his bow and heads to the window. From the second floor he shot this cat right through the chest. The arrow stuck in the ground behind the cat and we watched the cat go crazy and starts spinning in circles around the arrow. We cracked up for a solid 20 mins.

(cat died after a few seconds of spinning)

Originally Posted By: tomuchtohandleDon't mean to be a party pooper to you guys..but some people can say that about feral dogs. Maybe one day its your dog that gets dusted. Also on another note those cat were someone's pet before they became feral. So blame the owner NOT the cat.

Feral dogs are no better than coyotes - how do you think they live?

Any pet that is abandoned into the woods is destructive to wild life.

I lived in Pennsylvania for 6 years, near a tourist summer place. Parents would rent a cottage and wifie and the kids would be there for the summer - and they would get the kids puppies for entertainment - come labor day, they would go back to the city, leaving the 4 or 5 month old dogs to fend for themselves - by October, they were very hungry and very mean. We shot them on sight.

If it ain't got a collar, then it is dead - if it has a collar and chasing game or live stock, it is dead and returned to the owner in a box (so maybe they will learn something).

Originally Posted By: CatShooter
S.G.H. Rule.

While versed in the S.S.S. ... can't seem to fiqure this one out?

Shoot & Go Home?

Originally Posted By: coleridgeOriginally Posted By: CatShooter
S.G.H. Rule.

While versed in the S.S.S. ... can't seem to fiqure this one out?

Shoot & Go Home?

"Shoot & Go Home?"

Ju gottit Mang.

Crows gotta eat too
lol.gif

Back