Feds killing to many coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: stofferahnI think a better way to get down the coyote population would be to pay hunters for all coyotes killed. Even if it was $200 a coyote.

No, then the landowners would start asking $300/coyote, and $500 for a "trophy" coyote, plus butchering services.
thumbdown.gif

I'm waiting for our tax dollars to start paying the "ranchers" per feral hog they turn in. They might as well start breeding them.

sorry wydogtalker i WAS mistaken, please accept my humble apology.
one thing without profits ranchers will go bankrupt.
then we will have a bunch of 40 acre ranchettes to hunt like ormsby road where there is a bunch of public land but you can't drive on their roads to access it.
we have to make sure ranches remain intact.
i'll trust my public land to Wyoming cowboys before i'll trust it to the groves of California tree hugger flocking to Wyoming voting to turn Wyoming into California

Originally Posted By: trapper2dustballs that funny right there, i had to go look to make sure he had predator control on there, if hes calling people names for denning then he might not know the true meaning of control, ha. glad you saw that the dust, being that i'm one of those sleezy people i get a kick out that

I have my moments from time to time. I dont really think sleezy is all that bad I have been called worse. Niether are prostitutes. I guess it boils down to how you think. I think of prostitutes as profesionals!

stofferahn, not picking a fight but i cant seem to leave it alone either. do you really think that pa has more ag. then wyo? you do understand cattle and sheep fall under that too. that 200.00 a coyote sounds good but when mr ranch has got a pair killing sheep every night are you going to spend the next 2 weeks out there trying to get them killed for that 400.00, or are you going to pack up and go take the gravy off another place, then another? believe me i understand, if i want to go call i want to be in a place that hasnt been called or trapped but adc is different then hobby calling, that what alot of guys on here are missing, you go call which ever one shows up, i need the one that is causing the problem, 200.00 dont mean crap when you got a sheep rancher calling every morning asking if you got the killer yet, and you have to tell him no

Originally Posted By: smsnyderI was just in Worland Wyomimg and it was hard to find coyotes. I understand the Feds killed 2700 of them in the Basin area by plane. Futheremore there is a full time government trapper killing them everyday. There excuse was coyotes were killing sheep but i saw no sheep in the area for over a week. Did call in 4 coyotes and 1 fox on 50 sets. Disappointing

Thats pretty good compared to where I hunt. I wish I had that kind of success. Try Hunting the Pacific Rain Forests for Yotes. I average 1 Coyote for about every 15 to 20 stands.
unsure.gif

People are missing the point. So far all I have heard is people making a fuss. No place to hunt. No coyotes to kill. There should be a bounty to line my pockets. And on and on and on. Poor me poor me poor me. everyone is blaming something else for thier lack of success. Earlier in the year everyone was blaming calling contests for the lack of coyotes. Now they are blaming government. I guess I am just lucky. The coyote in the picture I posted earlier was taken on Friday. Did I do some predator control. [beeep] no because the 4 others that I got in that day got away. Quit blaming other people for your lack of success. Bottom line is a bounty is not the answer. Blaming others is not the answer. I will protect my home, my family, and my investments any way I need to. That is all the rancher is trying to do and he will make sure it is done and he or she dont care how it gets done.

Originally Posted By: cmiddletonsorry wydogtalker i WAS mistaken, please accept my humble apology.
one thing without profits ranchers will go bankrupt.
then we will have a bunch of 40 acre ranchettes to hunt like ormsby road where there is a bunch of public land but you can't drive on their roads to access it.
we have to make sure ranches remain intact.
i'll trust my public land to Wyoming cowboys before i'll trust it to the groves of California tree hugger flocking to Wyoming voting to turn Wyoming into California

You are so ill informed it is embarrassing. The tax payers in Wyoming are funding the ranchers for predator control to the tune of 6 million dollars so they can make a profit. The predator control boards can't even give verified numbers of kills for that amount and give an accurate account to the taxpayer for how their money is being spent. Bull S H I T ! The biggest obstacle to the rancher in making a profit isn't coyotes, it is the importation of cheap AG products by our government and at the same time letting other governments ban our exported ag products.

Also, if you do your research all of the BLM lands on the ormsby road subdivision are the same as the Laramie subdivisions they did and are buffered by deeded property. Even if you could use the subdivision roads which you can't since they are private, you would still have to cross private parcels to get to public lands. Just like anywhere else, if you don't have permission to cross the deeded property to get to the BLM you can't use it. Same rules as before the ranch was subdivided. If you wanted use to the BLM lands in that area why didn't you open your wallet and buy a parcel that bordered the BLM giving you access instead of crying about it. Many people did just that and are enjoying some great hunting opportunities that weren't available when these were held as a private ranches.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BabaOrileyOriginally Posted By: stofferahnI think a better way to get down the coyote population would be to pay hunters for all coyotes killed. Even if it was $200 a coyote.

No, then the landowners would start asking $300/coyote, and $500 for a "trophy" coyote, plus butchering services.
thumbdown.gif

I'm waiting for our tax dollars to start paying the "ranchers" per feral hog they turn in. They might as well start breeding them.

Funny stuff...fact of the matter is years ago ranchers were crying and complaining about the pronghorn antelope eating all their grass, said the Game & Fish wasn't issuing enough licenses, wanted depredation hunts and then to top it off they were the ones that wouldn't allow hunters on their place to thin the herds but still wanted reimbursed for so called damages.

Studies revealed the antelope ate the 27 different varieties of vegetation on the range and competed very little with livestock. Ranchers found out people were willing to pay big prices for guided hunts and started outfitting. A ranch managed well could bring a greater return with less effort than running livestock. Free inventory, no winter feeding, calving etc. Their original gripe was actually a blessing they couldn't see for their ignorance. Biggest kicker to all this is they still ask for damages from the wild game they are now supplementing their incomes with.

You could give some people a gold brick and they would whine because it was to heavy and want a government subsidy to pay for someone to carry it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WyocoyoterYou could give some ranchers a gold brick and they would whine because it was to heavy and want a government subsidy to pay for someone to carry it.

The way you lump everyone nicely into one group could be done about "hunters" as well.
The huge majority of predator hunters here get to hunt BECAUSE of ranchers & landowners.

It's no damm wonder they don't like you, and won't let you come play ball.
blink.gif

It's also a good thing for the other members here that THEY aren't lumped into one group with your attitude.
thumbup1.gif

You just THINK you hate ranchers. Once they are gone it'll be nothing but the bunny huggers that control every aspect of public land. Do they not have closed roads and "Wilderness study areas" up there...?? That just the start.

I never did catch what YOU do for a living....Perhaps I missed that? (It'd be just too rich if you are full time govt. employee...)
lol.gif

Frankly, it sounds as if you are jealous...Indeed misinformed, but jealous the same.

Wydogtalker, I had to double check,myself.
Don't take offense, I beleive it was just an honest mistake.
Stofferahn,
where did you get the idea this was a "wy" thread? I understand that this pertains to "feds killing to many yotes", I take it to be anywhere, not a "Wy" thread. Am I mistaken?

I had access to all of bb brooks before the sell out.
1700 a acre for sand is crazy. i hunted hat six too before ed left.
i think by your attitude you go by buzz on some sites don't you.
or is being anti rancher just a Laramie thing.
i know what is going on in predator control i even know who is mad at the predator board and why but i will not lump all adc actions into where the problem lies. they do there job. i didn't think they needed the extra money either. allot of that is going on wolves and preparing for the bighorn transplant.
what state did YOU move here from?
by the way its now wildlife services not ADC they had to get politically correct

Wyocoyoter, You wanna play? Thats fine, I'll play,
I asked you a "strait ?", and want a "strait answer."
I'll make it real simple "WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING?"
You wanna cuss others, put yourself up to be judged, I'm proud of my heritage, and proud of making my living guiding hunters, and raising cattle.My family has done this for a 100 years.Just so you know ,(and can't accuse me of being "unfair") I have a college degree, and also a minor.
I ranch, and guide hunters because "I ENJOY IT, NOT CAUSE I HAVE TO."
I don't know you by any more than your post, but I can tell you, "by your post, if you showed up at my ranch, you better be REALLY TOUGH".Not any way a threat, just "the way it is"
Where I live, you better have a "big fist, to back up a "big mouth"
You have made it very clear why "ranchers don't like you"
Duane Freilino 1-541-589-1621

Cmiddleton, could you be clear who your reffering to in you last post. I have no "Ill will" towards you, just want it clear for everyone. Duane

wyocoyoter, we are good Duane
you can tell he is from Laramie seems they to want to be the next Jackson.
it should be Jackson California and Laramie DC.
as far as wyoming taxpayers i vote yes support the ranchers you vote no you pay your taxes to the roads mine can go to the rancher, i pay 40,000 a quarter in taxes 1.6 mill in payroll taxes last year and do 11 mil in contracts i pay my share its time you step up and do something more for wyoming then complain..
this year will be a whole different story. out of state contractors are lowballing all the work. so vote yes on one cent sales tax, colorado contractors need the money.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Wyocoyoter

You are so ill informed it is embarrassing. The tax payers in Wyoming are funding the ranchers for predator control to the tune of 6 million dollars so they can make a profit.

Wyocoyoter
Before you go telling people how embarrassed they should be for being ill informed, you need to get your own facts straight. The legislature did not renew the extra funding from the general fund this year. We all make mistakes but if you are going to lecture others and condescend to them, you need to be right. Obviously, you aren't.

I think Wyocoyoter is nothing but a coward hiding behind a computer. One thing I am pretty good at is being right on my first impression of people and guessing what their next move will be. So today I had a feeling that wyocoyoter would change his profile. I just checked and guess what his profile is now changed. First it was predator control now it is all around outdoorsman. Let me guess you shot all of those coyotes in your avatar also? So I say he is pretending to be something he is not and what I said in my first sentence. I am proud of who I am and will not pretend to be something I am not. First denners were sleezy. Now he is bashing ranchers. It will be interesting who he bashes next. To me he is a person with a real low selfesteem that the only way he can make himself fell good is by bashing someone.

Last edited:
(This post is not directed at drhart .... ingore the reply to line)

If the Feds have to "kill too many coyotes" ...... it's because there is a shortage of good coyote hunters with enough people skill to get next to a rancher.

Someone with enough skill to cuss ranchers while their mouth is full of their product ....... has enough skill to sit at home on the computer and belly ache because they have burned ALL their bridges!

Three 44s

(Rancher)

Last edited:
I'm from the Government, I am here to help.

I grew up a farmer. I have worked for the Government for 32 years and I also manage a ranch. I have built and operated two successful businesses and a couple that were misfires. All the time trying to get in as much hunting as I could.

In those earlier days I needed a lot on my plate to keep me out of the "Pool Hall." I have become less ambitious over the years and it takes fewer Irons in the Fire to keep me occupied.

Let me tell you when it comes to Government...LESS IS MORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back