Feds killing to many coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
POISON

When you boil it all down ...... Wildlife Services is there to assist ranchers so that they are not backed into a corner.

When you are backed into a corner ...... you must come OUT SWINGING!

Every calf ... every lamb is dollars into the bank to keep the wolf away from your door.

I am all for government keeping it's hands off my operation ....... BUT ....... the public runs it's critters on my land free grattis ...... that I pay taxes on.

You back me into the corner with your nice fuzzy little critters ...... I come out swinging .......

AND YOU AIN"T GONNA like the blow back!

That's where Wildlife Services comes in!

It keeps ranchers in business a little longer ..... those fuzzy critters don't have to slip through housing developments as soon ......

....... and I don't get backed into a corner and start swinging!

And a bunch of weekend coyote wannabe hunters get mad because the world did not wait until the weekend ......

....... OOOOPS ...... it's too cold or too muddy this weekend ...... sorry .... maybe next weekend?

A baby calf or lamb, nor the banker can wait that long!

Three 44s

(Rancher)

DRHART, The extra funding wasn't approved. Unless I'm mistaken the fiscal year starts July 1st of each year. Which means any money approved the previous year is still in use until that time.

Some of the ranches taking the biggest portion of the predator control funds operate sheep in the middle of areas known for heavy concentrations of coyotes. If someone opens a quick mart in an area with a known high crime rate should tax payers pay them subsidies for additional crime control when they get robbed. Heck no.

Sheep ranching does not belong in areas with high predation, areas that have terrain that make it difficult if not impossible to control predators. Too expensive and a poor investment on the return.

Running sheep in some parts of Wyoming is about as senseless as trying to grow Florida Oranges in Wyoming.

I grew up on a ranch and a third generation ranching family.

Last edited:
Reread your statement:

"Some of the ranches taking the biggest portion of the predator control funds operate sheep in the middle of areas known for heavy concentrations of coyotes."

How about this:

The livestock drew the coyotes?

And if the coyotes are so thick there ...... how is it that they are so short?

Your vitriol makes no sense and any representation made now is doubtful.

BTW ....... I'm a FIFTH generation rancher.

Three 44s

Originally Posted By: Wyocoyoter

I grew up on a ranch and a third generation ranching family.

They probably wont let you on their ranch either.Can you say BLACK SHEEP!

LOL...you guys make my day,

By the way cmiddleton what's wrong with Laramie? casper is the oil drilling hub for the state.

Last edited:
Wyocoyoter,I have been nice to this point,
You wanna talk smack, but have no balls,
You cussed me, and all the other ranchers here, you cussed all the "ADC " guys here.
I asked twice, this being the third time.
"What do you do for a living, you wanna cuss others, how bout put yourself up to be judged".
WYOCOYOTE,YOU ARE A GUTLESS BLOW HARD AND A COWARD!!!
Real easy for you to talk trash on a keyboard isn't it.

This whole whinefest about Wildlife Services boils down to this:

Anyone with enough time to run up a thread of this length ... would have gotten a PHD in coyotology and been busy skinning dogs ..... by now ........

..... instead of BELLY ACHING! ....

There are ten thousand hobbies to draw from .... pick one you really are interested in ....

I've yet to see the coyote that comes to a caller sitting at a 'puter.

Three 44s

My last post on the subject...

Thanks for the debate.

I'm not against controlling coyotes, but I am against denning.

I am against big government, overspending and lack of accountability.

When coyotes were bringing $100-125.00 each and fuel was 6o cents a gallon you had every tom dick and harry out trapping, shooting, flying, snowmobiling etc. and coyotes were not anywhere near the problem they are now.

If counties reinstated a good bounty they would have plenty of takers especially in this depressed economy. It would be a win win situation for everyone involved.

Every tom dick and harry will never get a wise Alpha pair of stock killers ...... Tom, dick and harries just get the easy ones!

Denning puts the pairs that are stock killers out of business.

If you knew a whit about coyotes ..... you'd know this .. and would not instead be on this Polyannic whinefest!

....... but that would entail getting your derier out and getting it cold, muddy and dirty.

Keyboards don't kill coyotes! But that is obviously where you would rather be ..... belly aching at a keyboard!

Three 44s

Last edited:
Ok...one last bite,

Every tom dick and harry did a pretty good job here when fur prices were high, coyote numbers at the fur buyer and coyote numbers in the field proved that, so your notion don't float. Constant hunting and trapping pressure in any given area is the key.

For every "Alpha" mated pair you kill you leave the territory wide open for other adults to pair, creating more havoc than the one mated territorial pair. Thats the way they do it here anyway not sure about Washington State.

Take care.

P.S. your keyboard seems to be getting a lot of activity too

Last edited:

"P.S. your keyboard seems to be getting a lot of activity too"

I'm not whining that coyotes are getting scarce either.

The tom dick and harries of the world educated two coyotes for every one they killed.

The tom dick and harries ..... made every coyote turn tail and run at the sound of a rabbit call for years afterwards.

They DID NOT kill the Alpha stock killers.

The chaos you are referring to is happening right in front of a certain computer ... not when a Alpha pair gets whacked.

If you propose that YOU will save the ranchers from coyotes instead of the PROFESSIONALS at Wildlife Services ... how are you going to do that if you refuse to KILL THE KILLERS!

Are you going to hand out propholactics instead?

Three 44s

Last edited:
Wow, Wyocoyoter. You really know how to let everyone know that you hate them. Just cause you don't have the heart to den, don't judge someone else for doing what they do. That's what makes life interesting, not everyone does the same things. Also, i doubt your a 3rd gen. rancher. With everything you've said bad about ranchers. Life is too short to burn bridges. I guess they don't teach that in schools now. All i know about ranchers is that they are some of the hardest working, down to earth and genuine people you will ever meet. If you have the guts to cuss a rancher, it just shows you have no respect for people. Another lesson, Don't bite the hand that feeds. Ranchers feed america. So in short, no ranchers no food, period!!

I see a lot of edited posts and I DO appreciate that very much.

Better to take a step back and not make a post that needs editing in the first place though.

Let's EVERYBODY keep it civil.

Wyocoyoter won't like me much! I just killed 2 pregnant coyotes tonight. I sure am glad I never met that guy. Glad I don't trap where he is.Sounds like he is more than a little closed minded.

I will just say this much. Alot of guys on here know what they are talking about and you can tell which ones they are(Rockingbbar, Duane, Trapper2,and Three 44's) and the Wyocoyoter, and the drwhatever are so far from the facts. I am wondering if they are with Peta, they sound just like them. Their facts are no where close to being right. Just stirring up stuff, Just like Peta.
Good luck with this one guys.

Originally Posted By: Devin69LIGHTNING RIDGE KENNELS Walker breeding at it's best Used to Catch Big Game

Tag line says it all...this one doesn't even deserve a response.

There was thread similar to this not too long back where an individual was cracking on ranchers and talking down about them not letting every tom, dick and harry hunt. That person never would tell us what their occupation was either. Would be interesting to know. BTW, bears and lions are considered big game Wyocoyoter. Obaro

This whole thread is based on some people not being able to kill coyotes as easy as they used to and blaming everything else accept their ability to adjust to current hunting conditions. Even the guy who started the thread stated he saw lots of deer and antelope but not enough coyotes. It seems that ADC control works and some people will always blame anything but their skill level on their success. Why dont you guys put half the effort you put into whinning into actually calling and see if that dosen't solve your problem!

I appreciate this thread staying civil for the most part.

If anything, it should serve to enforce our goals as hunters, and to not divide among our own ranks. The enemy is out there that would end all our activities on public land. Sometimes the enemy can be within our ranks too. It's hard to tell sometimes.

The entire thread shows differing points of view from very different walks of life.
I think we should read this and consider what we can do to find common ground and not let the anti's gather any more strength than they already have.

Knowledge is power, and often times mis-information is the enemy. We have to be able to sift through all we absorb and brand it with our relevance.

Once we lose a privelege or a right, we will probably never regain it.

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back