Feds killing to many coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well stated, Barry, but I disagree about the different walks of life on the point that most of the arguments are being made by people who claim to be ranchy, for the most part.It appears to me the urbanites haven't had a whole lot to say, and I'm not meaning to argue, just throwing a thought out there. Obaro

I did not care for the comment about Wycote being a fedral worker. I worked for the fedral goverment for 30+ years as a Forester, and went to school in NY. Now I don't agree with his judging folks who are denning. I do agree with his observation that are some folks that are very well educated that seem to have not been around when they were passing out common sense. I did see and still do see a need for Fedral regulation on public lands. I agree that the ranchers' loggers and all that make a buck on fedral lands have a right to use these lands but the fellow from PA is just as much an owner to these lands as they are. This has become one of the biggest challenges to fedral land managers. The folks on the left think the Gov. is in bed with the commecial intrest and the folks who have commercial interest think they have more rights to the land than those "Easteners" and that everyone with the gov is a card carrying Serria Club member. My work was easy dealing with the politics is what I got paid for. As far as Wycote telling you if he was an employee at a fedral office, he was smart to keep quite. On a subject this sensetive you have to be careful folks know that it is your personel opinion and not your employers official position.
It would be interesting to know the facts on all this. I know here on OR the Oregon Hunters Association pays for some of the predator control and ODFW will kick in abd as I understand the ranchers pay the balance. Taxes and how they are spent is becoming a major issue anymore.

I'll go with Duane on this subject. He's a hunter and a rancher that has a ton of experience in those endeavors in that area. It's certainly not like coyotes are an endangered species anywhere! No one has the right to judged anyone as long as they are following the regulations and rules while calling, dogging, denning, or doing their job!

Jack in Missouri

Im about as Urban as one gets, I live in Vegas. That being said, I have been to many farms and ranches includeing some from posters in this thead and can say that ninety nine percent of us hunt for the fun. Its cheaper than big game hunting and realy is, I think, more fun. Nothing beats a day out with friends calling or a night spotlighting with a good partner. THat being said, what the ranchers need to do, the ranchers need to do. If I go a while without calling in a coyote, it doesnt out of pocket me anything. I mean dont get me wrong, I want to knock something down, but the fun of the hunt is in tricking a formidable opponent into messing up and coming to my call. Stop whining about what is good for America. Farmers are good for America, and MEN like Duane are good for America. I have met him and many others like him, and they are the people who have shaped the country for hundreds of years. What I think is funny is how quickly most want to pass the buck and say they arnt getting coyotes because of X,Y,Z... go hunt and have fun. You cnat always be at the right place at the right time

I am sorry if I offend anyone, but I have to take the side of the ranchers and the Govt trappers. A pair of coyotes that are killing calves and sheep are taking profits right out of the pockets of the ranchers. I have been called numerous times by friends that have ranches to take care of some of these critters. The ranchers are more than happy to let you on their ranch if you are going to help them out. I used to be a big game guide but I got out of it because I grew tired of LAZY PEOPLE who actually call themselves hunters or sportsmen. I had one guy who told me that he would rather pull up in a truck and shoot them out of the window. That was the last straw.

As I stated before, MOST of us have full time jobs and can't provide the services that the GOVT trappers and fly planes can do. My buddy told me about 3 weeks ago that they had shot 100 coyotes just off of couple of ranches, can anyone HONESTLY say that they could have done that? I don't think so. Just imagine how many more are out there.

Wyocoyoter, you never did have the decency to tell answer Duannes question. You didn't seem to mind bashing anyone out there who does what you won't do. We are not all the same if you disagree with it, turn off the computer or don't bother answering with "witless banter". I am not calling you witless, just leave it alone. It is a fight that you are not gonna win. The fellows around here (rockinbar, duanne, Tebbe, trapper2 and SO MANY others) have deservingly earn ALOT of respect because they are always willing to help any and all with any questions that they have, and not just start bashing someone. Our govt is going to spend money however they want. Trust me I don't agree with the Space Shuttles that are spending Billions of dollars for something that doesn't matter.

WE ARE ALL HERE for the same purpose. As rockinbar has said "let us not give the ANTI'S more fuel to take our sports away from us".

UMM why can't we just agree to kill em all? The fewer there are the more tasty animals get to eat for less money. Go Government Trappers/Gunners.

If we as a hunting and sportsmen group turn on the gov. trappers, we will eventually loose that as an option to predator control. ONce they are gone they will leave only us predator hunters to fend for ourselves. How long do you believe it will be before public hunting follows government hunting? Faster than I ever want to see. I would be willing to pay a few bucks in WY taxes to let the government guys thin the yotes and wolves a little bit or preferably a lot.

Originally Posted By: WyocoyoterOriginally Posted By: Devin69LIGHTNING RIDGE KENNELS Walker breeding at it's best Used to Catch Big Game

Tag line says it all...this one doesn't even deserve a response.

Boy that is the best you can do? Maybe call peta and get some pointers.

Quote:I am sorry if I offend anyone, but I have to take the side of the ranchers and the Govt trappers.

That's the only side to take Richie. There is a reason that coyotes are not considered protected game species in most every state in the country. We do this for sport...ranchers do this for a living.

I cannot fathom that this thread has gone on this long.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back