Favorite squirrel rifle?

my favorite rifle is the 22 bolt made for Sears or J.C. Higgins, my dad gave me when I was 10 years old. Have redone the stock and put a Nikon 2x7x32 scope on it...a tack driver....had it for 52 years now and want let go of it.......

My dad's beautiful, old Marlin Golden 39A Mountie with an oiled walnut stock and no rust...now made even better with a Vortex Sparc mounted on top!

Originally Posted By: roky0702My dad's beautiful, old Marlin Golden 39A Mountie with an oiled walnut stock and no rust...now made even better with a Vortex Sparc mounted on top!

Ugh.... how sad.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: roky0702My dad's beautiful, old Marlin Golden 39A Mountie with an oiled walnut stock and no rust...now made even better with a Vortex Sparc mounted on top!

Ugh.... how sad.
smile.gif

I know. I didn't want to, but the iron sights shot too high. I basically had to aim at the ground to hit a rabbit in the vitals. It sure will be quick shooting once sighted in though.

I strictly used my faithful .22. That is until I just purchased a Benjamin Marauder .25 PCP Air Rifle. I can hunt my back yard and no one knows im there. Super quiet and plenty of gun for squirrel and raccoon hunting.

Originally Posted By: 17HunterHers is a youth Rem 870 20. If she misses, which isnt too often, I back her up with my favorite Rem 541T.

Great picture!

Originally Posted By: roky0702Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: roky0702My dad's beautiful, old Marlin Golden 39A Mountie with an oiled walnut stock and no rust...now made even better with a Vortex Sparc mounted on top!

Ugh.... how sad.
smile.gif

I know. I didn't want to, but the iron sights shot too high. I basically had to aim at the ground to hit a rabbit in the vitals. It sure will be quick shooting once sighted in though.

Glad you noticed the smile thingy at the end of the post. If it works for you then rock on. I would put a Williams rear aperture sight on it and that would fix the issue. I love my old M39A with the rear peep and gold bead front, pure squirrel poison.

I guess the favorite of all my .22's is an old Winchester 69. Has a grooved receiver and wears a little Nikon 3x9. Very accurate and not too loud with SK Plus target ammo.

I've been using a CZ 452 Scout for a couple of years and loving it. My boys are getting to the age for them to start shooting soon so I'll have to go back to the 452 American. I put Eric Brooks trigger kits in both of them, I'll have to tighten the spring on the Scout for the boys until they get older. I use Winchester Subsonics, they don't even quit cutting when I shoot one out of the same tree they are in. If I use standard or HV the greys scatter at first shot. Wish I had more of them.

These are them...I have others that go with me sometimes...but odds are good that if I am in the woods, its with one of these, Winchester 72s...one scoped and one not...hard to beat packing an old Winchester 22

IM000646.jpg

Back