Favorite squirrel rifle?

Marlin Model 60 with open sights. Many a squirrel of fell dead to that combo. I also used to use a Marlin 917V .17hmr and that thing was [beeep] on squirrels. I could pic them off from a long ways.

+1 to the Marlin Model 60

I love mine and will never part ways with it. As a kid I used to set up about 50-75 yards away from ground hog holes and bust them. With squirrels, its not even fair...

1422 Annie.

7873825134_4358b4d436_z.jpg

Got a tricked out 10/22 and a 452 in Mach2 that will pick up any slack.
thumbup1.gif

My "favorite" squirrel rifle is my only squirrel rifle. Its a Norinco .22lr bolt action with iron sights. I used to have a scope on it but that was making me to slow a shot. Took the scope off it and I'm faster and more accurate with this thing. Funny how things work like that. I know it's not American made but it only cost 60 dollars last year and was begging me to refinish the stock. For being so cheap and foreign made I'm very impressed with this rifle, and I don't have to worry when it's rattling around in my vehicle.

My favorite squirrel rifle was my first gun, a Remington 510. Can't think of a better rifle to start out with. Single shot, accurate, with a very good thumb safety. I have since passed it down to my son, who will soon pass it down to my grandson. Thanks Dad! A very good choice!

that would have to be my Maruader air rifle in .25 I also use this gun for animals up to raccoon / porcupine size. it's sighted in at 35 yards, and I use it out to 50 yards.

20121115_135247.jpg

I just got a S&W 22a in real tree camo with bsa red dot on top for longer walk / stalks in the woods

sampw-22a_zps2e514a27.jpg

Hey Irish! I love how those 2 squirrels are hugging and shaking in fear of your 93r! I use the same as desert ram and irish26- the accurate savage 93r in 17 hmr. I also use it on yotes out to 100 yards, so it is a very good overall truck gun. i prefer the v-maxs for squirrels but whenever i might run into a coyote i will load up with some fmj or xtps for better penetration on bigger varmints.

Originally Posted By: SP10.32 flintlock, way more fun than my scoped squirrel killers. Got these today.

Very nice!!!

Is that a small Siler?

It looks like a small siler but I am not sure. I bought the gun used and I am still learning, I hope to pick up a smoothbore soon

Back