Fathers Day Special**REVISED****

Spook1,
The length of the barrel i think is a personal preference, but most like the 18". Plus this gives you two extra inches away from your head(ears) for noise reduction.

The 18" upper weighs 4.2lbs and the Clark carbon fiber handguards weighs .2 lbs less than my aluminum one.

I don't like to do fluted barrels since I'm already offering a lighter weight contour, fluting would be only cosmetic and wait time double.

I'll be around all day, sometimes in the shop its hard to hear the phone so if i dont answer, i try to get back with everyone within a short while.

Thanks
Scott

Guys to give you an idea of wieght I have a 18" spr with round FF tube, and a vortex flash hider. The lower is a RRA with NM trigger, Magpul MOE grip and rifle lenght Ace LW stock. It weighs 8lbs ready to go with a 4-16X44 Sightron and rings on it. The 18 is the way to go in my opinion.

I'm looking to get my first AR. These look very tempting.
I had a couple questions..
-Can the 18 inch come with a mid or rifle length gas block?
-What can you guys tell me about 18 vs 20 inch barrels...I have pretty much decided that whatever I get is gonna be a 20 but alot of guys shoot an 18. I will mainly use it for varmint/predator control.

Taggart,
The 18 vs 20 is a personal preference. I perfer to do a 18" barrel a midlength gas system, but a rifle length can be done. A 20" you will get about 50-100ft more velocity than the 18".

Tomorrow is the last day of this sale. I'll be gone from friday through tuesday. Taking the family up north where its only in the low 90's........

Rob, I'm working on the 20 Practical real soon, I'll give you a shout.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: blopez50^ Just out of curiosity....... Would the SPR be lighter than a straight medium contour?

slightly heavier from what I know

Jim, I just weighed one of my 24" 223's for a customer and its at 6 lbs.

you can upgrade to a slab side, but because i was offering the fathers day special as a forged upper receiver, the extra would be $75

Guys, I got off of the phone with Scott a few minutes ago to get in on this deal. He is a super nice guy to talk to and was extremely helpful to me. I can't wait to get this thing.

Great deal for the forum members Scott! Hard to beat this price for a custom. I don't own a SD AR but have read great reviews. You can get "run of the mill" stuff for this price. Why not a custom?

This buy is officially closed..................................................

I am going out of town for the weekend and will be out of cell/email range until tuesday.

Thank you all for ordering an upper!!!!

Scott

*****UPDATE************

Barrels are going to be done next week and will be building them as soon as I get them in and inspect them.

I hired another person to help build these so I will try to get them out quick. If you still owe on your upper, it would be a good time to send in your final payment. No shipping will be done with money owed(I just got burned last week for the first time)

I thought it would be quicker to post here instead of emailing/calling all of you. Plus I didn't get contact info for everyone.

Thank you all and I'm 100% sure you will be satisfied if this is your first order.

Scott

Back