>>>>>COW- MOO-BILE..... Constructed and Heading WEST...<<<<<

Another Big Problem I have is...

what am I going to shoot at until next fall rolls around, in order to fix my habit of wanting to shoot something besides paper.

Dan go back to the post you made on 2/26/16 look at the paint on the front compaired to the grass back ground. Also look at the grass along the side, paint the whole thing to match this grass and some light brown camo the thin type people put over windows in a deer stand. You can see out and it will take the shine off the glass fix it so it will stick on while hunting and you can remove when towing or driving. I think that will work for you and won't cost too much

Originally Posted By: dan brothersAnother Big Problem I have is...

what am I going to shoot at until next fall rolls around, in order to fix my habit of wanting to shoot something besides paper.

I like chucks ,crows and steel.

I have some of this sandstorm camo fabric coming.... we'll see what it looks like as a wrap or something.

maOzgWlieJvnj1weSTWUJxA_zpsbm3cvlra.jpg

I just got a couple of cloth samples... sandstone... and digital.

What do ya think...?

I'm leaning towards the sandstone in the first picture.

GEDC0641_zpsk8alxm5k.jpg

These last two pics have the digital lying over the sandstone.

GEDC0642_zpsmdxe5a3f.jpg

GEDC0643_zpswgndikpp.jpg

The problem with mirrors if sun reflection, especially on a moving object on irregular ground. Note the illumination on the ground at the left of the building in picture. If mirror panels were moving the reflected flashes would actually draw attention rather than make vehicle invisible. JMO

Regards,
hm

I wonder how it would work with all the sunless and overcast days... which happen alot...?

The angle of the panels sure would have to be thought out.

Last edited:
PART 2.... I went back to the drawing board and the cow went to the meat locker, and out came this Rolling Stone Thing. I'm taking another run at this mobile coyote chasing-shooting blind contraption.

This thing has a roll up sand stone camo cloth material that drapes over the whole vehicle just as you see it in the pictures. It will be driven from the swivel bucket set in the middle of the roof top hole. I have it designed where I can sit in the hole and drive the rig... clutch it... brake it... gas it... shift it... and switch the ignition on... pictures are coming on those Jimmy Rigs...LOL... BUT... it works. Not needing the roof extension anymore...I cut it off.

GEDC0669_zpsb85n3rlm.jpg

GEDC0671_zpse3bpfujt.jpg

GEDC0672_zps4bh3xrxs.jpg

GEDC0673_zpsgphpry2z.jpg

GEDC0674_zpsd2ioibta.jpg

GEDC0675_zpswmpafrxu.jpg

GEDC0676_zpsqhzjmlyv.jpg

GEDC0685_zpsow5tqt2l.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings, Dan!
You might want to think about the bucket seat.
Quote:It will be driven from the swivel bucket set in the middle of the roof top hole.

You probably going to be going over some degree of rough terrain and it wouldn't do for the bucket to tip and you fall off. Maybe something like a boat swivel seat with a back fastened down to floorboards?? Might even rig a lock to keep it from swiveling while driving. Just thinking out loud.
smile.gif

When you planning on heading out again?

Regards,
hm

Good advise HM... but I don't plan on driving it more than idle speed anyways, so I'm not sure why I want to even mess with the shifting. My plans are to ONLY drive it across open Prairies at idle speed... in 4 wheel drive... in 4 low... so it should just creep along like it did last time. Driving in the front seat is to confining and hard to glass all around while driving, so the porthole observation glassing area has to be my new operational outpost...so... everything else has to pivot around that area. By working out of that area, I can glass all around, and be quick to range for a shot, while being quicker for the shot off the rooftop. Stopping and starting will happen alot, so that's why I need the quick push pole to engage the clutch. The clutch will really be everything. I probably won't travel faster than walking speed... if even at that fast. But, if I have to drive it like a normal vehicle, then it can be changed over in 30 seconds.

I like the first of Nov, but deer seasons get in the way, so it may be the whole month of Dec... we'll see ...

I could be deer and hog hunting right now, but I got my head wrapped around this thing...LOL.

I like it, that is an awesome idea! One question though, I know that you said you're only going to be driving it at idle speed, but what's to prevent the front of the fabric from becoming entangled in something and then pulling under the front wheel?

If that were to happen you may get hurt from the back of it pulling toward the front and then under the tires.

LOL... it won't get under the tires after I trim if off around those tire areas... it better not anyways...LOL I will be trying it out around here in our local fields for some serious testing before I drag her all the way out there again.

Originally Posted By: dan brothersLOL... it won't get under the tires after I trim if off around those tire areas... it better not anyways...LOL I will be trying it out around here in our local fields for some serious testing before I drag her all the way out there again.

I just looked back at the thread and saw that you'd already had that problem. LOL

I've been sitting here all day thinking about how if I had something like that about the things that I would do. I'd probably just go to the store, buy some camo spray paint, and spray her down, the tires, rims, EVERYTHING. As for the windows. I'd probably do exactly what you're doing with the fabric.

Last edited:
Here is what it looks like with it's Bonnet on. The camo cloth stays attached to the shooting platform... and then folds up on top of the platform when not in use... and then the bonnet keeps it in place with a tight draw string attached all the way around. I simply loosen the string at the back, and the gray tarp folds down onto the front window area, which allows all the camo cloth to fold down everywhere.

GEDC0703_zpsv51wh0st.jpg

GEDC0702_zpskbwa1biv.jpg

GEDC0704_zps3gebo274.jpg

This whole system is designed so that I can drive from the sitting-shooting-glassing position... while the vehicle is crawling along the prairie... but it's also able to be put into neutral with a quick push of the clutch rod.

I couldn't think of a good way to make an extended steering wheel system, so I just used two buckets and the steering wheel off a riding lawn mover.

The red bucket lid is bolted to the steering wheel... and the bucket has a screw down attachment system, which locks it in place with a simple quick twist of the bucket into the lid. This makes it quick and easy for on and off use encase I need to drive it normally. I also inserted a quick pin to keep it from unscrewing while in use.

GEDC0695_zps73lzlzz6.jpg

GEDC0711_zpsdatznr6e.jpg

Now I'll show you the operating system...it's different... not your average system...but who said chasing coyotes was normal anyways... or maybe it's just this coyote chaser that's not normal....LOL.

GEDC0708_zpstvmtzszw.jpg

GEDC0707_zpsm8aatblb.jpg

I inserted screws into the underside of the clutch and brake push rods, and adjusted them so that they lock into place on the back of the bracket board when the pedals are depressed. The gas rod has a snug twist fit into it's hole, so that simply turning it to the right applies gas, and twisting to the left...or... pulling it outward... releases the gas pedal. I don't see much of a need to use it much, because of only needing a crawling speed.

GEDC0709_zpsxziwjyuz.jpg

All three pedals have holes drilled into them. All three rods have pins in their ends, which are quickly inserted into the pedal holes. I used this pin system so that the rods can be removed quickly for normal driving.

GEDC0694_zpskyeuog2c.jpg

Ideally... it can still be driven normally... but that's not it's true purpose. Today I'll be working on extending the key ignition switch. I want to be able to turn the ignition on and off from my shooting position, because I won't want it running while trying to take a shot... and I don't want to duck down all the time and reach up to the original switch. The factory switch will stay in it's place... I just need to splice into it and add the extended wires to the new switch. Hopefully it will work at both places.

Hopefully Hurricane Matthew will allow me to continue my work outside today... but... 100 mph-+ winds could make me sit inside and play on the computer instead... or reload some shells.

PS... I am taking money contributions for coyote fever medicine... it's a sickness you have to experience to understand... but once you get it... the only cure for it... is a lot of hanging pelts.

Send the money to Predator Masters... because it's ALL THEIR FAULT.

This whole project is fantastic. I truly hope it works out. It's like a real-life Red Green Show project, or the Mr Bean episode where he rides around on top of his car. [video:youtube][/video]
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Back