>>>>>COW- MOO-BILE..... Constructed and Heading WEST...<<<<<

A TAIL..??? Hmmmmm......

Honey... we have more to do....

I'm not going anywhere until I get my hands on a tow bar baseplate/bracket that attaches to these flimsy chassis frames.

I know I post too many pictures, but I just have to show you the 15lb Blue Catfish that I caught on cane poles off my dock the other day when the weather was nice.

GEDC0571_zpshprnbdgr.jpg

GEDC0572_zpsos22a1gu.jpg

GEDC0574_zpsrwqiyssx.jpg

Originally Posted By: dan brothersI know I post too many pictures

Nope. Never enough. Photos make a good post even better.

Really... well then, here is another one that I snapped after cleaning out my shed.

I never have been a rack hunter, just meat, but here are a few bucks that ran into arrows... some into lead.

Right now... I'd rather shoot some long range coyotes on the first shot, then to shoot the Biggest Bucks in SC.

GEDC0570_zpsbze2aq0p.jpg

Okay Guys... ring a bell... blow a trumpet... sound a alarm... wave a flag... break a glass... kiss your EX... you got to do something to celebrate all my hard work, even if it seems CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY.

Once again, my whole purpose is for slowly roaming around grasslands looking for coyotes. It doesn't matter if I bump them up, call them in, or run them over... it's all about long range spotting and shooting at longer ranges than the normal calling them in close. There's nothing wrong with calling them in close... I just want to shoot them further out.

Holstein Harriet doesn't have to look 100% like a cow, she just needs to NOT look like anything human, especially a vehicle.

Her road travel outfit will consist of having her hide rolled up to the platform and tied off. But her hunting costume will have all sides down, with minimal front and side window areas un-velcroed.

When not hunting, her head will be unhooked and stored through her rear (door).
scared.gif
During hunting... her head will come out of her back side, and be quickly attached with the two hooks that clip in behind the hood.

Since those pics... the rims are now painted flat black without the hub caps... and the doors and windows are cut and velcroed better.

This is a side view from 200 yds...
fd88f438-3181-4b6a-abd2-3a784fa450a5_zpsw5qemr8x.jpg

This is a side view from 100 yds...
aca16345-f57c-4b4b-9587-bca2ce7a4ef7_zps73p2yous.jpg

This is a head on view from 150 yds...
%202_zps4rx023ma.jpg

This is a head on view from 100 yds...
6bcba160-e208-415a-bd2f-4f4122190928_zps770yrcyj.jpg

And of course, these are closer views. She doesn't really look like a real cow at the close views... and even a little doubtful at 200 yds... but from 300 yds and on out... she might even fool a cattle rustler... hope I'm safe from being wrangled... I'd hate to end up in a Happy Meal.

GEDC0581_zpszeyppuwb.jpg

GEDC0583_zpsknacfegk.jpg

GEDC0582_zps7osx2euy.jpg

I'm about ready to tow her across country... I just have to find a vehicle dolly or tow bar bracket system for her. I think towing her backwards on a dolly might be best...we'll see.

Thanks for hanging in there with me Guys... good and bad comments are both welcome...thanks...Dan

Lol thats great. Pull it backwards so people can do the prank of when they get behind you catch the passager sleeping slam the breaks and scream when the p assager wakes up they will think they are heading for a cow. I just wish I had you time that you have

It's crazy all right. I can't believe I'm even showing this thing off until it proves itself. It's kinda like the LAST words of a Redneck... "Hey Boys... watch this". I may have pranked myself.

I have honestly thought about a tail... better yet... a dead calf looking thing being drug behind her Mamma. BUT... I'm not sure it would be necessary, because I don't really want to call them up close... and if they saw that... they might come a running hard.

This Lake Marion that I live on use to be known for Striper Bass, but now it's better known for Blue Cats and Flatheads. The record Blue is something like 120 lbs, so this 15 pounder is just a average size, and we use the heavy duty cane poles to catch a few now and then. My water is only 4 ft at the dock, but those cats will cruise them for bait fish. Mid March and April is prime time to shoot them with bow and arrow at night on my bowfishing boat. The lights make them easy to see. And it's a good time to put out a trot-line as well. I use to be crazy fanatic about bowfishing... now I'm fanatic for coyotes. And it's not about just shooting them, because we have them here, and I don't even chase after them, because it's too much woods and fields...NOT open range where spot and stalk works. Night time around here would be different. Coyotes would be easy at night time, but I can't make myself buy the stuff... if anyone has the stuff, then come on down... we can get'em.

I will be playing moo cow sounds now and then...along with some calf in distress... but not too much... I wouldn't want to stress out those poor coyotes too much...LOL.

She passed her 100 mile, 65 mph, hwy road test yesterday as we took her to Charleston to buy a craigslist tow bar/bracket system for her... which should fit... but with some serious Jerry-Rigging.

My wife is always commenting on how peppy it is, so she named it.. Peppy La Moo.

I keep telling her that it's named Holstein Harriet...but you know how woman always want to change things.
w00t.gif

Man thaose are some big blues. Our biggest to date is just under 60 and biggest flathead is 84. We fish a little bass lake called Sam Rayburn about an hour from home.

Got the tow bar on today... it's getting closer and closer to heading West... hopefully by the weekend or so....Lord Willing.

It looks like I could leave the bar on while hunting with the head attached.... but pulling the two pins might just be easier...we'll see.

GEDC0611_zpsistrjcwj.jpg

GEDC0612_zps4ggu3oo7.jpg

I hope you can get a rancher to take some video of that thing cruising a pasture, that would be kind of fun to watch! Of course in stealth mode.
thumbup1.gif

I guess I got confused....I thought you were going to tow it from behind?

Oh, and the Holstein thing...sorry, but now it's done, it looks more like an Angus. Hahahahaha

I applaud you for your imagination, sir! And I hope to read a lot of future success stories that feature your new ride!!!

I was going to tow it backwards on a dolly, but the Internet Suzuki Guys tell me that these things are made for flat towing... and I got a good deal on a tow bar and bracket system.

I took her for a 30 mile tow test today, and she handled very well, from 55-70 mph.

I'm leaving her hooked up as she is.

Got get my taxes done tomorrow... then it's a couple of days of pulling things together so that I can head out West again, Sunday after Church... or Monday morning. I just gotta try her out and chase those shaggy dogs again before I have to go back to Staining Log Homes next month... then all this Fun will be over...LOL.

Back