CNN Reports FOUR Broward County Deputies Waited Outside School As Children Were Massacred

Originally Posted By: psdan000I usually keep to myself when it comes to my opinion, there are always two sides to every story. But as a member of the law enforcement community, this absolutely disgusts me. Ordered to stay outside or not, those deputies should have gone in. I'd be the first to tell my supervisor to politely F*CK off, I'm going in. how many of those kids' lives could have been saved? Yes law enforcement personnel are people and do make mistakes, we get scared just like everyone else. But I personally hold myself to a higher standard as I feel all law enforcement should. You don't like the risks of the job? Don't put on the f*cking uniform! I hope those deputies are relieved of their duties and never have a good nights sleep again. Rant over...

The amount of self control it would have taken for me personally to stand around and wait for a team... astronomical.

But no one who ends up sro is someone I'd expect to do differently.

Ive had to explain to I don't know how many people over the years how things work with a shooter, and how it literally doesn't matter if I can actually stop one or not.

No one that goes on a spree does so expecting a fight. They target places they can kill, and nothing else. They're not prepared for anything else. The moment a fight is presented they will do 1 of 2 things, decide to engage (rare) or run. And i count caping thems elves as running. Either situation forces them to stop killing. the faster i can make that happen, the more lives are saved. They can't kill others if they're fighting me. I just have to be willing to die. Hopefully I wont, but if I do, many others live.

All it takes, is 1 person to fight. Not everyone can be that person. Not everyone with a badge, can be that person. Training can take out a lot of problems, but it can't fix all of them. Until you're in your first fight you have absolutely no idea how you will respond to a fight. One of my favorite Mike Tyson quotes says it all. Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face,

Back