CNN Reports FOUR Broward County Deputies Waited Outside School As Children Were Massacred

More proof that cops lawyers and politicians are crooked. A Moral ans Ethical Responsability to act my arse. 90 percent of them are immoral and unethical. The cops would have charged full speed if the coffee and munchins were in trouble though.

How many 45yr old plus members of this site...non military/ non LEO....could just stand in the cover of a....say.....mall bathroom...armed with their CCW weapon....... while hearing a gunman shoot innocent bystanders just outside the bathroom door....hearing the screaming of the dying, wounded, and fleeing.....and do nothing? How many of you could go home after doing that, look at that person in the mirror, and say, "I feel I did the right thing."?

Age had nothing to do with the RSO not going in to face his destiny. He lacked the intestinal fortitude at the moment of truth. Probably has never had it. The guy could of been a freakin rock star and a hero. The coach sure as hec was. And from the pics I have seen of him he wasn't running any marathons any time soon. He did it without a gun and died. But sure as hec had the intestinal fortitude to face his destiny like a man and may have very well saved some kids in the process.

Originally Posted By: ADKOriginally Posted By: littledawgIt was a no-cost wrap not paint; was towed, not driven. As Dog Catcher said it was a Toys for Tots program. Which is clearly visible on the front bumper. And if it was a BCO vehicle they certainly wouldn't have the dealerships name plastered on it. But we wouldn't want any facts getting in the way.

I propose we change this forum to: "The Coffee Shop" rather than make reference to a church or truth. Cause it sounds more like old guys talking smack with their mornin coffee.

Other than Dogcatcher, what's your source? Do you have a link?

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/about-that-broward-sheriffs-office-lamborghini-6472979

so reports are now that there was a stand down order, but they're saying its related to them not having body camera's on.

sounds like pure CYA for a standdown order to me. i want the audio for the order to be released.

and if there's a body camera rule, what in the [beeep] were these guys doing not wearing theirs in the first place?!?!?!?

this stinks more like bovine fecal matter every new thing we learn about it!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27610/par...como#exit-modal

DXEMb6xV4AA5IBi.jpg

Originally Posted By: Plant.Oneso reports are now that there was a stand down order, but they're saying its related to them not having body camera's on.

sounds like pure CYA for a standdown order to me. i want the audio for the order to be released.

and if there's a body camera rule, what in the [beeep] were these guys doing not wearing theirs in the first place?!?!?!?

this stinks more like bovine fecal matter every new thing we learn about it!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27610/par...como#exit-modal

Pure CYA. Our Active Shooter Response Policy at my facility is right in line with what most LEO agencies are trained/ instructed to do. Enter, Locate, Identify, and Engage. There are parameters and special circumstances where you may need to stand down and wait for additional back up....but those are very few and his situation was not one of them.

His duties concerning Active Shooter is not to much different from mine. I have primary duties at my job, but I am in body armor all of the time, and carrying a weapon(s) all of the time. One of my secondary duties is being on a response team for situation like this. (One of his secondary duties was the same....or he wouldn't have been armed in the first place.) If an AS situation develops, I do not have to wait for permission to do anything. Myself and my team mobilize, move to the target area, locate the shooter(s)and engage by either taking them into custody, or by force on force. If my team cannot assemble quickly enough, they/ myself move to the target area on their own. Radio comms are sustained, the momentum of the response does not slow...at all.

[/i]

Last edited:
I really think that most LEO agencies around the country are looking on this with the same shock & disgust that we are.

Consider the actions of the 2 officers last year when that dem started shooting at the republicans at ball practice: they didn't run, they didn't take cover. they drew their pistols and took on a shooter with a rifle right out in the open ball field.

I think what we saw here was an institutional failure of this sheriff's dept, not what we can commonly expect around the country.

and after this, I REALLY doubt that there are many officers out there who are still inclined to be the next one with feature footage of him/her not doing anything, if they were to start with.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishI really think that most LEO agencies around the country are looking on this with the same shock & disgust that we are.

Consider the actions of the 2 officers last year when that dem started shooting at the republicans at ball practice: they didn't run, they didn't take cover. they drew their pistols and took on a shooter with a rifle right out in the open ball field.

I think what we saw here was an institutional failure of this sheriff's dept, not what we can commonly expect around the country.

and after this, I REALLY doubt that there are many officers out there who are still inclined to be the next one with feature footage of him/her not doing anything, if they were to start with.

i'm with you stu, i dont think this is a nationwide issue - i'm firmly in the camp of this is a coward county systemic issue.

i firmly beleive that MOST officers would have ran right in, camera's be damned, to try to save lives.

these idiots are a shame to their brothers in uniform, and anyone who directed their cowardess needs to pay the price right along with them.

the one comfort about this whole thing is that their career's in LE are effectively over. I cant imagine any department in the country who'd be willing to hire these guys to do anything more than be the designated porcelain throne scrubber, if even that.

Paul Blart would be ashamed to work with these knuckleheads.

Quote:the one comfort about this whole thing is that their career's in LE are effectively over. I cant imagine any department in the country who'd be willing to hire these guys to do anything more than be the designated porcelain throne scrubber, if even that.

I dunno, I seem to remember St. Louis City Sherifs dept catching heat for some of their deputies, and they responded that it is hard to get people with experience.

You can train people with the best intentions all day long, until the cows come home. But a few of those people with the best intentions fall short when confronted with live gunfire outside a training or hunting scenario for the first time.

He should have ran towards the sound of those kids being shot.

I usually keep to myself when it comes to my opinion, there are always two sides to every story. But as a member of the law enforcement community, this absolutely disgusts me. Ordered to stay outside or not, those deputies should have gone in. I'd be the first to tell my supervisor to politely F*CK off, I'm going in. how many of those kids' lives could have been saved? Yes law enforcement personnel are people and do make mistakes, we get scared just like everyone else. But I personally hold myself to a higher standard as I feel all law enforcement should. You don't like the risks of the job? Don't put on the f*cking uniform! I hope those deputies are relieved of their duties and never have a good nights sleep again. Rant over...

Back