CNN Reports FOUR Broward County Deputies Waited Outside School As Children Were Massacred

Come on fellers, give them a break. At this point, nobody knows what happened for sure. Nobody knows what BSO policies are or why the deputies did or did not go in. It is all allegations at this point. If the deputy had entered the school would it have made a difference? All they show is edited statements from an interview which may be taken out of context. And it gets repeated by every news organization across the country.

All too often SRO's are deadbeats or older officers who are more of a liability on patrol than in a school. Typically they are not the young gun rock stars of the agency. It is a political feel-good position with banker hours that keep officers on the beat rather than tied up with juvenile crime @ schools. It isn't true of every agency, but they stick these guys in there because they can't run radio calls anymore. You have the same type of people at your employer.

Realism; BSO has 2800+ sworn deputies. I don't know how many are patrol v. corrections, but that is bigger than some of your hometowns. Even if they trained 10 deputies a day it would take more than a year to train them all. This is a one-day training. If we are talking about a simple 2-3 day training it would take in excess of 2-3 years to train 2800 employees.

I'm no math expert, but let's say it was a 3-day active shooter training. I'm guessing it would cost in the neighborhood of 2.5-3 million dollars to train 2800 deputies.

Think about that for a minute....

littledawg said:
All too often SRO's are deadbeats or older officers who are more of a liability on patrol than in a school. Typically they are not the young gun rock stars of the agency. It is a political feel-good position with banker hours that keep officers on the beat rather than tied up with juvenile crime @ schools. It isn't true of every agency, but they stick these guys in there because they can't run radio calls anymore. You have the same type of people at your employer.

We actually had a term for that, it was refereed to as an "In plant pension"! Those jobs were usually held by guys that weren't what they once were due to age, injury, or health issues, and were much easier than the bull work required in the rest of the shop.

The lawyer for SRO Peterson, the deputy that hid behind a concrete barrier,said his client thought all the gun shots were actually firecrackers.
ohmy.gif

yeah, I'm going to need him to stop saying stupid [beeep] like that.

he was outside the building where the shooting was happening, listening to rifle shots & screams. he was on duty, armed & wearing a vest.

he wanted the job, to carry a gun & a badge & all that goes with it. he had ONE [beeep] job & that was to protect those people. he knew damned well that every shot he heard was likely an execution.

I hope these sounds echo in his head every minute of the rest of his miserable, cowardly life.

We refer to some guys as “ROAD’s”. Retired On Active Duty. This is merely a guess but I assume this SRO would fall under that category, especially since he was eligible to retire instead of facing his suspension. All too often positions are filled or occupied with warm bodied oxygen thief’s because they won’t retire but yet won’t work either, and they just suck down and paycheck.

I sure hope that lambo was a forfeited seizure from a drug dealer instead of paid for with tax dollars.

Originally Posted By: ADK The lawyer for SRO Peterson, the deputy that hid behind a concrete barrier,said his client thought all the gun shots were actually firecrackers.
ohmy.gif

Firecrackers? I guess it is standard procedure for LEO's to hide when they think they hear firecrackers.

I'm sure they could sell the Lambo and fund a lot of officer training, but then the 4 star general (sherif) would have to ride around in a lesser vehicle, like a Ford Explorer

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI'm sure they could sell the Lambo and fund a lot of officer training, but then the 4 star general (sherif) would have to ride around in a lesser vehicle, like a Ford Explorer

A few years ago the SO rented the Lamborghini for a Toy for Tots program, the rental cost was $10.

Originally Posted By: crapshootMy guess would be that it was acquired by confiscation from a drug dealer.

My guess too. However they could sell it to fund the govt office during these times where every office says they need more money. It does belong to the people right? Not the sherif

I guess they could afford to give it a custom paint job & rig it out as a cop car. I don't suppose the insurance on it was that high...

but at least the sheriff has a sweet ride

It was a no-cost wrap not paint; was towed, not driven. As Dog Catcher said it was a Toys for Tots program. Which is clearly visible on the front bumper. And if it was a BCO vehicle they certainly wouldn't have the dealerships name plastered on it. But we wouldn't want any facts getting in the way.

I propose we change this forum to: "The Coffee Shop" rather than make reference to a church or truth. Cause it sounds more like old guys talking smack with their mornin coffee.

Originally Posted By: littledawgIt was a no-cost wrap not paint; was towed, not driven. As Dog Catcher said it was a Toys for Tots program. Which is clearly visible on the front bumper. And if it was a BCO vehicle they certainly wouldn't have the dealerships name plastered on it. But we wouldn't want any facts getting in the way.

I propose we change this forum to: "The Coffee Shop" rather than make reference to a church or truth. Cause it sounds more like old guys talking smack with their mornin coffee.

Other than Dogcatcher, what's your source? Do you have a link?

Back