catshooter banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are rules and if you get outside those lines, you are warned and I am sure they talked to him.

If you can't handle it, then it's your choice to not follow the rules.

I didn't mind CS, but you can sugar coat it all you want, but in the end he was a cranky, hostel person that choose to move on.
I wish him good luck and hope he can see that it's better to tone it down a little and share his knowledge and opinions rather than sit in his garage and grouse.

Originally Posted By: C.JayPaul is a good guy. Reminds me of a senior drill instructor from boot camp, except when you screw up in the reloading section, you had to shoot all of your 5.56 in your .223 guns instead of doing pushups. It appears to me only the emasculated are glad he is gone.

There, I said what you were thinking...
sneaky2.gif
I graduated from MCRD San Diego in 1966 & learned from scratch from some very crusty SOBs of how I would conduct myself from now on. It still serves me to this day & I'm appreciative for the experience. I like Catshooter.

I for one am glad to see him gone! He may know everything about guns and reloading but he was a jerk (to put it mildly)to many people on this forum. No need or room for that here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter185Originally Posted By: CastFolks, moderators don't like it when we question their moderator skills, even in a PM conversation. You can see that plainly in their responses in this thread. I speak from experience.

I agree, I didnt like the attacks on mods and name calling on this thread. Im sure if there was a ban decision it wasnt taken lightly, and if CS left on his own accord that does not reflect on the mods at all.

Cat didn't leave.

CatShooter was banned for life. He was banned for eternity.

As in he was banned permanently.

He wanted me to let everyone know that.

I feel like the "if you don't like it go start your own site" response is incredibly short sided.

This "business" exists because of sponsors. These sponsors pay because there is a large membership here. I joined after doing a lot of reading and recognizing that there were some very knowledgeable members, like CS, here.

So... Losing knowledgeable members will likely influence membership. I personally only look at firearms, reloading, and the classifieds 90% of the time. I check each of these at least 6 times per day. The group I learned from on this forum was a small one, and this is a pretty huge hit to it.

I have no desire to "start my own" but I can tell you that I joined to gain knowledge, and I have gained a ton here. If the knowledge migrates I will do the same.

None of you will notice my absence. I just wonder how many more like me there are.

Das Mods have spoken! Dat is all! "No reason for any explanation...make your own site." That's a line of crap, and they know it!

If you can't follow the rules, how smart are you?
Personally, it doesn't matter to me. He knew how the place operates and chose to go outside the boundaries and is banned because of it. Do I need to know the exact reasons, discussions, pm's, etc? Do the mods need my permission to ban someone? Nope, part of being a big boy: sometimes you don't get to participate in the decision making process, you just get told which hill to take.

I have nothing personal against catshooter. I was loading/shooting/hunting a long time before either Predatormasters or Catshooter's postings and will continue to do so. As best I can remember, we never had a conversation or pm. As already mentioned, he seemed to be a knowledge-base for reloading info, most factual, some debatable. In other areas, he let his legendary status spill over into comments and got his feathers quickly ruffled. Sometimes I read his posts, sometimes I skimmed them, and sometimes I skipped them. I think he has even left before of his own accord (it seems to memory there was a big hoopla when he began posting again but I might not be remembering correctly).

If you just have to have catshooter's input or have a real question, contact him via email, phone, or other forums. From other postings it sounds like he is approachable and willing to respond.

As for the site, Predatormasters does not exist because of nor for the sole purpose of providing a forum for Catshooters postings or pm service.

He was willing to share a lot of experience. He was also a cranky old codger. Maybe he will be smart enough to learn those two qualities are not inseparable nor does the first mentioned quality give you a free pass on other matters.
Do the crime, do the time.

Last edited:
When they get around to reinstating they should bring doggin coyotes back too. He was a heck of a lot less purposefully abrasive than Catshooter and was gone long before Catshooter. (For the record I support Catshooter, just stating a fact). Doggin is a coyote hunter, pure and simple and knows how to put fur on a stretcher. Things that make ya go hummmm...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: GCWhen they get around to reinstating they should bring doggin coyotes back too. He was a heck of a lot less purposefully abrasive than Catshooter and was gone long before Catshooter. (For the record I support Catshooter, just stating a fact). Doggin is a coyote hunter, pure and simple and knows how to put fur on a stretcher. Things that make ya go hummmm...
frown.gif

I agree with GC, bring back both of them, doggin coyotes and Catshooter.

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobOriginally Posted By: GCWhen they get around to reinstating they should bring doggin coyotes back too. He was a heck of a lot less purposefully abrasive than Catshooter and was gone long before Catshooter. (For the record I support Catshooter, just stating a fact). Doggin is a coyote hunter, pure and simple and knows how to put fur on a stretcher. Things that make ya go hummmm...
frown.gif

There ya go!!

Originally Posted By: GCWhen they get around to reinstating they should bring doggin coyotes back too. He was a heck of a lot less purposefully abrasive than Catshooter and was gone long before Catshooter. (For the record I support Catshooter, just stating a fact). Doggin is a coyote hunter, pure and simple and knows how to put fur on a stretcher. Things that make ya go hummmm...
frown.gif
Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobOriginally Posted By: GCWhen they get around to reinstating they should bring doggin coyotes back too. He was a heck of a lot less purposefully abrasive than Catshooter and was gone long before Catshooter. (For the record I support Catshooter, just stating a fact). Doggin is a coyote hunter, pure and simple and knows how to put fur on a stretcher. Things that make ya go hummmm...
frown.gif

Amen to that.

He was knowledgeable but his replies left a little to be desired. His style baited others and surely discourage many from posting. I've known many like him over the years and watched them destroy various groups and organizations. I will miss his knowledge but the site will be better off.

I usually only cruise through this site about the time I start Shooting Coyotes again and I pop in the reloading section to see what CS has to say. It's a shame you banned him.

Remember the time he got caught using two different names or user names on this sight? I do!!!! Bwaa Ha!!!

I have been here for awhile... People ask questions, sometimes the answer they get is not the one they were looking for. So what? If you are afraid of the answer, then don't ask the question.

The Internet isn't like T-Ball, every game isn't an automatic tie and everybody doesn't get a trophy. Just a fact, that's the way life works in the real world.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: Stu FarishAnyone who thinks they have better ways to run a web site is free to start one up & show us how to do it.

In the meantime, those of us who do run this one will just have to muddle along with our misbegotten ways...

I believe a few tried that. Some are still around and dont get much traffic and some of them didnt work out. I do believe all of them ended up making rules similar to what we have and even banned members from their site. A lot of people complain then do exactly what they were complaining about others doing. Others complain and have no better ideas of how to do things, they just feel the need to complain. I have seen members leave here and within a few years they come back. Guess things didnt work out in other places for them.

That is pure arrogance.

Other sites can be built or existing sites can be built up with the same folks that helped build this site.

This site is nothing without its member base (traffic). Treat your peeps like subjects and you may just find less traffic here.
That is hard to imagine now but all good things come to an end.

Appreciation goes a long ways. I don't see that here from Admin to member.

Sure there are problems along the way. No one is perfect. People say stupid stuff and they can regret that stuff. The staff here are not gods. The members here are not subjects. The administration need the peeps for traffic and that sells advertising. It is a delicate balance. Get heavy handed and the scales can and likely will shift.

Controversy sells. Always has and always will. It attracts a crowd. Plain and simple. Without controversy we would all agree and nothing more is needed to be said. True it needs to be kept in perspective but the nature of controversy requires it to run its course.

If all or most of the knowledgeable members are run off or banned then there is a chance that they have exchanged info and could gather else where. That will leave this site with new guys leading new guys. Blind leading the blind, if you will. New guys are the growth to the site, and sport, but without leadership they will drift to other places.

You have to let racers rub a little and when hurt in a ball game just rub dirt on it and keep playing.

These are just observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back