catshooter banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ninehorsesWell, hopefully he's not gone. If venatic as the moderator, has no knowledge of him being banned,(or he is being tight lipped) then he may be busy with other things. My modem was hit by lightning, and I spent almost a week hunting night and day, so it may be something like that. Time will tell.

The hunting was lousy, by the way. Two boars, one killed, one missed(350+ and downhill). The only thing that we could call and kill were raccoons, somewhere around nine(Vole squeaks). We had some greys come in down wind, give a quick look and split. High grass makes it tough this time of year. I did have one momma raccoon with a little one in tow, that came in to within four feet of me. She got a pass. I got a show.

I am being tight-lipped. Official policy which I am sure all will understand that we cannot discuss due to privacy issues.

Count me in the Catshooter fan camp. His posts are more often than not informative and entertaining.

If his posts have caused some hurt feelers, maybe growing thicker skin could help. We're all adults here.

For the record, no we're NOT all adults here. There are some kids & some women.

PM's goal from the very beginning was in part to be family friendly & it helps if people keep that in mind when deciding what to say & how to say it.

So is he banned and was there no chance a PM's reminding him of what you just said Stu prior to the actions? I hate to see him go, its sad to think about how many excellent member resources we have lost over the years due to newbies and internet scout snipers being put in place when they were trying to spread misinformation.

well i hope it all works out for everyone involved. he did seem to cross a line at some point and i hope that gets corrected and works out. i have been on the recieving end of some hrsh comments that were unwarranted (not by shooter) and do feel that they should be kept to themselves

He was a [beeep] cat. I've been mentored by some gruff fabricators, welders, and fitters. He was nuthin'.
Thanks for the info you, along with many others, have brought to this site. You brought my reloading to a higher level and answered many questions especially in regards to annealing.
Thanks

there are many on this forum that are/were out of line with personal attacks, insults, and even threats. but, are still here!

i do not understand why members of the forum are not entitled to know if someone was banned, and specifically why. i guess it is because this forum is a dictatorship not a democracy.
i am on a couple of different forums, this one has the most people ready to jump your [beeep], with most of them full of b.s. the standards here for being banned seem to be quite high, but it seems sometimes the ban is motivate by personal dislikes.

Originally Posted By: 6724i do not understand why members of the forum are not entitled to know if someone was banned, and specifically why.

Because it's really not their business. Simple as that. It is counterproductive to divulge that kind of private information except in the direst of circumstances (see the Classifieds for an example).

If one minds one's Ps and Qs and follows the TOS, one will find PM an inviting, informative place to hang out with like-minded individuals. If one fails to do those simple things, that person has only themselves to blame for whatever consequence arises. Individuals who opt to behave in a manner unbecoming are provided opportunties to modify that behavior, but at some point, enough is enough. It is unfortunate when an individual's inability to follow the simplest of rules results in a loss to the general membership though, with that I agree.

I don't understand why we don't start banning people for using anything other then a 17 remington to shoot coyotes, like coyotes gods... LOL
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 6724there are many on this forum that are/were out of line with personal attacks, insults, and even threats. but, are still here!

i do not understand why members of the forum are not entitled to know if someone was banned, and specifically why. i guess it is because this forum is a dictatorship not a democracy.
i am on a couple of different forums, this one has the most people ready to jump your [beeep], with most of them full of b.s. the standards here for being banned seem to be quite high, but it seems sometimes the ban is motivate by personal dislikes.

I too do not understand this. If someone was truly abusive, then shouldn't those posts still be available. I would hope that because a Moderator is receiving PM's accusing a certain member that is "hurting feelings" is not judged at face value. Going back and looking at CS final posts I guess I just don't see what the heck the bid deal is. Personally, I will take the "in your face" approach any day over "kitten mittens" approach....I liked CS, he was definitely a "in your face" type of guy. Now it appears (since we will never know) that he apparently hurt too many feelings and is gone because of it?

It would seem that though a few people who he disagreed are not sorry he is gone the general response is that many people wish he was still here. That includes some who admitted he was not their favorite person. If you know nothing else about the guy this speaks a great deal for him. Yes he was in your face and yes he was rude but from what I know about him (which admittedly is very little) he has been in the business for quite sometime and I believe he knew what he was talking about.

I never took anything he said personal as I do not think it was intended as such even if it seemed like it. He may have saved more than one person from doing something extremely reckless.

Does anybody else notice the discussions in the reloading forum has died considerably since he's been gone?

I'm surprised this thread isn't locked (the other didn't make it far at ALL). Hope this don't take it over the edge... but...

I don't know why he got gone, but I do know even if you follow TOS here, there are plenty of other ways to get the axe. I understand to a point but it's really a shame to see guys that actually know what's going on, get the axe over something childish, personal, or advertiser badmouthing (again not sure what happened in this situation, not saying it was any of these).

I understand that PM wants this to be a family oriented place. Nothing wrong with that at all! But it seems trying to bring the MOST audience (advertising $'s like that) really cuts down on the quality of the board sometimes. Without knowledge & experience backing posts it's all just hogwash...

I didn't always agreed with CS (we even had a few back-N-forths) but always read his posts intensively because he knew his stuff. I know a lot of people were rubbed wrong by him but the world isn't always full of unicorns & rainbows. Too bad the board as a whole has to suffer.

Originally Posted By: 6724

Just how many forums do you know of that will openly discuss member issues with the other members or on the open forum?? How many of the ones you belong to come out and tell you who was banned and why?? I bet none of them. Do you consider them all to be a dictatorship?? This is a privately owned board and the business end of it is not discussed with members. Just like any other forum.

Originally Posted By: coleridge
I'm surprised this thread isn't locked (the other didn't make it far at ALL). Hope this don't take it over the edge... but...

Go back and read the post in this that Venatic made. He told everyone the other post was locked by the OP request. Instead of jumping to conclusions, read everything that is posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back