catshooter banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys ...... everyone is PMing me and wanting info. I have none. I have NOT conversed with CatShooter in any way since this "issue" came to light. That being said, let me say THIS:

He is my friend. Plain and simple. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he says and does. We aren't conjoined twins. I have said and will say once again that I have learned a ton from him and the general population here hasn't an inkling of his knowledge about "most things firearms". If he is truly gone from Predator Masters I feel that his knowledge will be dramatically missed. One thing mentioned above was that he kept some folks from "making grave mistakes" when reloading. That in itself made him a valuable commodity. But none of us know what might have went on behind the scenes, and are not informed about personal conversations that take place between the members and moderators. We can stay and continue to enjoy, or we can seek other places to spend time. Either way, PM will continue to operate and will do fine.

I did say earlier that I would be glad to direct folks to some of his publications. So, instead of listing them and doing the legwork to find them, I'll leave it with this .....

You can find him at Sniper Country, and many other internet locations. Just do a Google search and be a little creative. It's not brain surgery. You can also Google for "Paul Coburn", "Pablito", "Lito", as well as "CatShooter". You will have to sift through some stuff to find what you're looking for, but it is there if you truly want to find it. About a half dozen are on this page:

http://www.snipercountry.com/articles.htm

The last thing I have to say about this situation is that even when Paul does contact me I won't pass any details along about his personal dealings with PM. That's his business and I won't breach the trust of a friend. If he wants the info out he'll make it readily available elsewhere in places where it can be found by someone searching for it. But I highly doubt that happening. At least, I'll be dramatically surprised if it does.

Hid just let cat know when and if you talk to him that I will miss him. And tell him thank you for the info that he has passed on to me.

Originally Posted By: deaddogwalkinHid just let cat know when and if you talk to him that I will miss him. And tell him thank you for the info that he has passed on to me.

Well, just remember that you don't have to be a member here to read the posts .....
wink.gif

Catshooter was always very generous with any reloading info I needed.

I would pm him and ask questions and he was quick to respond and friendly about any stupid question I asked of him.

Paul is a good guy. Reminds me of a senior drill instructor from boot camp, except when you screw up in the reloading section, you had to shoot all of your 5.56 in your .223 guns instead of doing pushups. It appears to me only the emasculated are glad he is gone.

There, I said what you were thinking...
sneaky2.gif

The answer is simple, if the crybaby's in a forum don't like what you have to say they cry to the moderator with the hope of getting you kicked out of the forum. And this happens in all forums in knowledge turf wars. The problem is forums have too many midgets sitting at their computers pretending to be giants and these types would set CatShooter off.

I like CatShooter and we traded jokes at AccurateShooter.com even if I didn't share his views. CatShooter left AccurateShooter.com of his own free will. He sent me a PM and said he was tired of arguing with idiots, and now he is gone there also.

I liked CatShooter even though he had this thing about cats.

cat-shooter_o_187615_zps20ebc91c.gif

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyAll he has to do is become a sponsor and he can come back.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Don't worry, this thread will soon be locked down like the other one. Pretty sad how far this forum has gone to the wayside.

thumbup.gif

Many....MANY knowledgeable coyote hunters have been shown the door for the same reason. Nothing new here. Their house, their rules. Being right about what ever is being discussed pays no relevance. Its how that information is delivered.
Let's say you get pulled over by a COP and he misinterprets the law, and you say, LOOK MORON... THIS IS HOW IT IS!, let me know how that goes for you. I liken it to a divorce. The ones that lose the most are (us,the kids) those who could benefit from the experience of those more knowledgeable but lack in tact or polite debate and eventually are shown the door. Pretty sad really.

Anyone who thinks they have better ways to run a web site is free to start one up & show us how to do it.

In the meantime, those of us who do run this one will just have to muddle along with our misbegotten ways...

I hope he will be back,you sure could learn lots of stuff and he was the best at de-bunking myths……..including #1,there are no stupid questions!

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishAnyone who thinks they have better ways to run a web site is free to start one up & show us how to do it.

In the meantime, those of us who do run this one will just have to muddle along with our misbegotten ways...

I believe a few tried that. Some are still around and dont get much traffic and some of them didnt work out. I do believe all of them ended up making rules similar to what we have and even banned members from their site. A lot of people complain then do exactly what they were complaining about others doing. Others complain and have no better ideas of how to do things, they just feel the need to complain. I have seen members leave here and within a few years they come back. Guess things didnt work out in other places for them.

Originally Posted By: bigedp51
cat-shooter_o_187615_zps20ebc91c.gif

All I want to know ... is HOW did they make those kittys do THAT?
huh.gif
ohmy.gif
blink.gif

Just got this PM from CatShooter at AccuraterShooter.com

"Hi Ed.. what are you doing, slumin' over on PM??

I loooooove the .gif with the cats - ( stole it (just like all of your other cool art)
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

BE safe, friend (and keep your chambers dry)
smile.gif
"

Cat shooter lubed his cases to prevent case stretching and I'm a non-case greaser and we didn't kill each other over it.

And the reason we didnt fight was because he knew alot more than the average bear. And one thing we both agreed on was what exactly is excess headspace. He is one smart cool cat.

excessheadspace_zpsf2634b56.jpg

my opinion for what its worth. I am sort of a lurker. I will sometimes post something or ask a question.
My experience with catshooter is , I have seen the good and the bad. He was knowledgeable in certain areas. Other areas not so much. Problem is, he thought he was a pro in all areas.
Point-I answered a question on annealing with info about an article with the well thought of author's info.
catshooter jumped on it and decided it was plain stupid. but his reply offered no facts to support his view.
He does both a service and disservice to this forum. I have watched his post and he is often quite rude.
He had his good points. Perhaps this will make him look at this attitude and perhaps be a little more tolerant of others views. At least argue with a little more finesse.
Greg Harrison

Catshooter was the most knowledgable reloader on this forum, he did not suffer fools lightly.

We are diminished, and he should be reinstated, immediately. I did not agree with him on everything, but I sure learned some stuff from him and I have been shooting competitively since 1968.

What a screw up to kick him off!!!

I grew up in a house of tuff love, so cat never hurt my feelings. I started reloading a little over a year ago and i would pm cat if I had a problem. He answered every pm promptly. They may not have always been the nicest respones but im a big boy and understand people are just that way, and im ok with that. Its to bad what ever the reson he is not here. I think he is a good guy and will miss his posts.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanCatshooter was the most knowledgeable reloader on this forum, he did not suffer fools lightly.

We are diminished, and he should be reinstated, immediately. I did not agree with him on everything, but I sure learned some stuff from him and I have been shooting competitively since 1968.

What a screw up to kick him off!!!

I agree on first point. And I did learn valuable information from his input to discussion threads. But I also agree with PM owners/staff that they have the prerogative to set and enforce rules. We all can debate how uniformly those rules are enforced, but we don't get to make those decisions.

I will miss CS, but if I recall, this is not the first time he has stopped posting on PM. Not sure if it was self-imposed or administration imposed, but he came back after time. History has a tendency to repeat itself.
smile.gif

Squeeze

Folks, moderators don't like it when we question their moderator skills, even in a PM conversation. You can see that plainly in their responses in this thread. I speak from experience.

It's not hard to imagine CS in a PM discussion with a mod that went beyond the mod's patience boundarys. I would advise backing off a bit. CS is a big boy. He knew what he was doing. It's doubtful that it is a lifetime ban.

Originally Posted By: CastFolks, moderators don't like it when we question their moderator skills, even in a PM conversation. You can see that plainly in their responses in this thread. I speak from experience.

I agree, I didnt like the attacks on mods and name calling on this thread. Im sure if there was a ban decision it wasnt taken lightly, and if CS left on his own accord that does not reflect on the mods at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back