catshooter banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: varminter185Originally Posted By: HidalgoOriginally Posted By: DoublessI, for one, am not surprised. He had a habit of coming back with teeth and claws out if challenged.

I saw pure BS in several things he posted. And I am not all that smart.

Well, I'm not going to challenge YOUR intelligence, but I know the man in question fairly well. He knows a million times more about shooting, scopes, reloading, and ballistics than 99.9% of the population. And he does fight back rather "briskly" when challenged. Most people do when someone tells them that they are wrong about something that they've been doing for years at a level that most people could never approach.

If you're interesting in reading some of his publications I'd be glad to direct you there .... but they're pretty detailed and complicated for the casual gun owner.

Im interested in the publications! You can pm if you want

Me too!

Originally Posted By: 6724Originally Posted By: HidalgoOriginally Posted By: joed Anyone know where else he hangs out ....

Page 2, about halfway down the page .....

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=883772&page=2

if that interaction got him banned, then chupathingy should be banned too. but, no one should be banned for that interaction.

i have seen many times where people made personal insults and threats, and they were not banned!

That was just to let you know where else he "hangs out".
Not about what may or may not be happening now.

I didnt really care for how strong he sometimes came back but i did find his information valuable.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 6724Originally Posted By: HidalgoOriginally Posted By: joed Anyone know where else he hangs out ....

Page 2, about halfway down the page .....

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=883772&page=2

if that interaction got him banned, then chupathingy should be banned too. but, no one should be banned for that interaction.

i have seen many times where people made personal insults and threats, and they were not banned!

That discussion is 6 years old. Stinky old in Internet terms.

Originally Posted By: Lefty SRHI didnt really care for how strong he sometimes came back but i did find his information valuable.

Catshooter certainly was one that voiced his opinions rather strongly at times. And for sure, he did not suffer fools gladly. And if he thought you a fool he was quick tell you so in his own not so charming way.

BUT, he was a man that knew plenty and for sure, he straightened me out from time to time. It wasn't always appreciated in the way that he did it but for sure, he did it in his own way.

i have seen many on here voice their opinion strongly and call me a fool. problem is, they themselves are very often the fools. when someone has the knowledge to back up their statements, i have little issue with their delivery.

Originally Posted By: FurhunterOriginally Posted By: HidalgoOriginally Posted By: marcoWealth of knowledge?? Bwa ha ha!! o BWA HAHA!! O I busted gut on that one!!!! Anyone got a good shooting 22LR???

Dang Marco ... why don't you direct us to some of your informative posts? (I missed them somehow) We always are interested in learning new things.

Informative?
Your going to be waiting awhile.

A REAL long time...

O venom!!! VENOM!!! You better watch it pahntr760!!! Or youll be next!!! Bwa HAHAHA!!

You troll you!!!

Originally Posted By: marcoO venom!!! VENOM!!! You better watch it pahntr760!!! Or youll be next!!! Bwa HAHAHA!!

You troll you!!!

i think i found a use for the "ignore list". not sure how it works, but will figure it out!

catshooter once left the site of his own accord. He stated he was tired of arguing with people who weren't as knowledgeable as him. Kind of an arrogant way of looking at things. I don't know if he left on his own or was banned. I haven't seen any evidence either way here.

BTW, his user is still active.

Last edited:
Catshooter has more practical experience than anyone that I know. I did not agree with him 100% of the time, but it is a real loss to this board that he is gone.

We are diminished!

Keith

I should have qualified my statement. I have no knowledge indicating he was banned. IF he was banned it is a huge loss to this site.

I should apologize to the moderators until I know the whole story.

Statements like the one I made were the kind he would light people up over lol.

This really aggravates me, after reading forums on this sight for the last week, I think very highly of CatShooter. I signed up as a member last night because I enjoy reading his posts, short\quick\to the point, and holds nothing back. Much like myself but compared to his vast knowledge, I am an amateur. If people can't handle being called a fool, they should be banned from the forum, not the one who pointed it out. The last thing that any forum needs are idiots putting bad info out there for others to try. Those who point it out should be praised, not banned.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Don't worry, this thread will soon be locked down likue the other one. Pretty sad how far this forum has gone to the wayside.

The only reason the previous thread was locked was due to the fact that the OP asked me to do so in a PM. If there is civil discussion that does not violate TOS then I see no reason to lock this thread.
I too will miss the ole curmudgeon.

He was very intelligent. And did know everything about firearms and reloading. But. He started coming in with a lot of no need smart a$$ comments. A lot that I don't really like cause God forbid someone asked a question that had been asked prior. I really did respect his input and he helped me on a few things. I really hope he's not gone for along time. He really is a well of knowelsge

Well, hopefully he's not gone. If venatic as the moderator, has no knowledge of him being banned,(or he is being tight lipped) then he may be busy with other things. My modem was hit by lightning, and I spent almost a week hunting night and day, so it may be something like that. Time will tell.

The hunting was lousy, by the way. Two boars, one killed, one missed(350+ and downhill). The only thing that we could call and kill were raccoons, somewhere around nine(Vole squeaks). We had some greys come in down wind, give a quick look and split. High grass makes it tough this time of year. I did have one momma raccoon with a little one in tow, that came in to within four feet of me. She got a pass. I got a show.

Last edited:
I to would like to see him back as I always enjoyed reading his posts even if I didn't agree. Would like to know what happened.

Yep, Cat field dressed me a time or two, but, dang it he was right, I was wrong. I didn't cry about it, and when it was over, it was over. If there is no 'wall of shame' where the band camp attendees are listed we may never know if he was banned. Some body could go over to his home board and check on him.

I remember that when he and I got crossways there were a lot of folks that stood ready to jump on the dogpile and just increase the punishment he doled out for being wrong. That was much worse than the spanking he handed me.

He always answered my q's with good info afterwards, so I got no bones with him.

Cat chewed my [beeep] on more than one occasion which has already been illustrated in this thread, but even when I was pissed off at him, I still recognized how valuable he was. He and I spoke frequently via pm and I used him as a valuable resource, which he was/is.

If he was banned, it needs to be reconsidered. It wouldn't be the first ban to be reversed, there is precedence.

Chupa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back