Bought a SIG P365

It was delivered to Sig last friday, and I got shipping notification of its return on tuesday morning.

So they didn't fart around with it, whatever the fix was. The original email to send it in said it would include a report from the gunsmith on what was done. It also said to expect a 4 week turn around, so way to beat expectations
wink.gif

Sig is here. They replaced the recoil spring, tested with 30 rounds Blazer & 20 of Speer with no issues.

Now I need to get to the range and check it out

Sig did good. I had 1 single failure to go into battery, on the 1st 15 round mag with a reload. No other issues of any kind, 200+ rounds fired using all 3 mags equally.

I also bought an ETS Cam Loader in 9mm for loading magazines. It works fine with double stack Glock mags.

Today was it's first range trip & while I did use it for Glock mags, I gave up on it for the Sig 365 mags. I have them in 10, 12 and 15 rounds and all put up a fight.

I like the loader but it just didn't seem to like these mags. I sent ETS a message about this, possibly they will have suggestions.

Last edited:
I also got to shoot some new bullets from Precision Delta.

I've long used 115gr JHP Remingtons as I used to be able to buy them in bulk pretty cheap. They still have them but all I find now are qty 100 and a lot more expensive.

I got 115gr JHP from precision for 85 cents each -had to buy 2000 for the price break- which is cheaper than anything else I've found. While the same wight they have a different profile on the ogive and a concave base, rather than flat base like the remingtons.

I loaded 100 to try out. they functioned perfectly in the glock and both Sigs, so I seem good to go with them.

Response from ETS on the 365 mags:

We have found that the P365 is the one magazine that actually does not self-center in the GEN II loader.

When you insert the magazine, look down into the feed pocket of the loader where the rounds feed into the magazine. If you see one side of the feed lip of the magazine, but not the other, the mag is off-center. Grip the bottom of the mag and lever it over just a little and it should line right up and the rounds will zip in. See the images below for reference.

This magazine has a much more extreme taper at the top than any other magazine, so the self-centering tabs that usually center the magazines, even the single stack mags, don't work very well with the P365. However, once the mag is lined up, it loads like a dream.

I like both the 365 and the 365 XL. For me I do like the XL better by a small margin. The 365 is better for deeper concealment, being smaller.

Recoil in both is snappy, though manageable. Both are a bit more pleasant with 15 round mags, though not how we'll typically carry them.

With our guns the only direct comparison is the glock 26, a 10+1 9mm. We bought the 26 in 1997, so I know the gun quite well, having shot a few thousand rounds through it.

The 26 is both heavier and wider than the 365. The extra weight helps soak up recoil and the width of the grip helps spread it out, so it feels milder in comparison to either Sig.

A funny thing was seen at the range though. My 11 year old grandson had no issues with the 365 other than sometimes the slide not locking back on an empty mag (which Mrs also experienced). I expected that he'd find the glock a little easier to shoot and that wasn't the case. Failure to extract, failure to feed, though it ran perfectly for me.

I think it comes down to the ability & skill in gripping the gun to control it, he effectively is limp wristing it. So I think what I'm seeing is that the Sig is far more tolerable of this than the glock is, though it still sometimes manifests in the slide not locking back when the mag is empty, a minor issue. For now he isn't holding it well enough to be able to shoot the glock and have it function reliably. I'll revisit this after he's had a lot more experience with the Sig's.

As for carrying, compared to a Glock 30 I can't even tell the XL is there. It's not really a fair comparison, 10+1 rounds of 230 gr 45ACP vs 12+1 115gr 9mm, but it is the comparison of the 2 guns I'll typically carry. I used to carry my GP100 in 357 mag but that long ago became one I carry when hunting but rarely otherwise.

when I was checking out with the holster they offered a universal IWB mag carrier for $10, they're normally $25. I got one.

It doesn't so far grab the P365 mags securely. It does the glock 26 mags, but not the glock 30 mags.

The P365 is a sort of hybrid double/single stack, this carrier might not work with it. I sent them an email asking about adjusting it though.

I like it. Real comfortable when driving my wife's honda. I do feel it more than the Mitch Rosen OWB holster when walking around but not bad & it does tuck the gun in nice & tight.

Back