Bought a SIG P365

so far I've heard of this failure exactly one time, so it hasn't yet exactly developed a track record of this being an issue. it might be, might not but I'm not in a panic over the possibility.

400 more rounds though the P365 today, 700 in all.

I had not cleaned it, ever, until getting home today.

I've heard the SIG's are a bit picky about staying clean so I was curious to see how this one would do. Just took it out of the box and started shooting it.

so far it doesn't seem to care.

but I did clean it this evening finally.

I do see some striker drag on the primers but not as bad as the video I posted. my theory on the ones reported with the striker tip breaking off is that they might have a lot of drag & eventually the striker weakens & breaks. I have no idea how much drag should be regarded as significant. this one is not reaching the case.

So far, I only see one tiny divot on the primary magazine and none on the spare, though both have been shot about equally. The video on that failure, he had several.

I got caught up in the hype and bought a 365 and I do carry it about half the time. But, I’ve carried my P938 for a long time and I’m just too comfortable with it. I gave my G43 to my grandson for his BUG.

I've shot steel plates at 50 yards with it & once I figured where to hold I was hitting routinely.

This one now has over 1000 rounds through it with no problems. I bought some Sig 365 V-Crown and it likes that ammo, so my wife has switched to that for carry. I had her using Federal Personal Defense ammo.

I just bought a 365 XL for myself. I like the gun but this one has an issue. It sometimes fails to go fully into battery. This improved with round count but after 300+ rounds it still does it 1 - 2 times per mag.

It shoots the Federal ammo better than the Sig 365 ammo.

I wrote Sig and asked for their suggestion about the problem.

Sig wants the gun back:

Thank you for contacting SIG SAUER.

I am sorry you are having trouble with your P365. I have set up your firearm/slide to come into us for service and attached a pre-paid FedEx label to this email. Shipping instructions are below. When service is complete, you will receive an automated email, with tracking, so you will know when to expect return delivery, as the package will require an adult signature.

Thank you

the rest of the instructions follow

they're paying the shipping, Fedex 2 day

Love my P365. Bought it earlier this year. Has March 2019 mfg date. Some of the earlier editions did have some issues. Never had any issues with FTB or FTF. It's my edc now. Primarily shoot reloads at the range. No issues with the MBC 125 plated swc or the Berry's 124 TC plated.

"I just bought a 365 XL for myself. I like the gun but this one has an issue. It sometimes fails to go fully into battery. This improved with round count but after 300+ rounds it still does it 1 - 2 times per mag."

Back