Bought a SIG P365

I got one on the 12 th of April shot it against my Glock 43 then got another one on the the 13 th. I shot it better than the Glock I've carrying for 2 years. Got 2 ,12 round mags too so now I have 13 in the gun and 12 in my spare mag so 25 rds the Glock even with the after market extended base plates I get 16 rds.
I really like it so far but only shot 250 rds to date
MB

There never were any "drop test" issues with the 365. Sig took quite a beating over the issues with the 320 so they made sure not to repeat that with the 365. There have been minor issues with the 365. There were a lot of returns of the first production run guns. These are all well documented in many, many Youtube vids. Guns that were sent back had extractor springs and a few other springs replaced. In some cases, barrels were replaced as well as checking and or correcting slide to frame fit. Sig stopped production at the inrush of returned guns, and made adjustments to the manufacturing before resuming production. Lots are reffering to the new run as "Gen 2" although I don't think Sig has offially labeled them as such. Been following this one very closely.

Originally Posted By: BowhuntLots are reffering to the new run as "Gen 2" although I don't think Sig has offially labeled them as such. Been following this one very closely.

I asked this very question and the way it was explained to me was the changes were so minor that there was no need to call them a "Gen 2" so most likely anyone referring to the current run production guns is doing so on their own and not because Sig has deemed them Gen 2's.

shot it a little more yesterday. for 9mm carry ammo we've been using federal self defense 135gr ammo since 97. in the 365 it hits a bit low & left. i found that they also have a 115 gr load so I bought some.

that shoots dead on in the 365 so that's what we'll use in it for carry.

the guy has some steel plates hung 50 yard off his back porch & when we finished shooting & got rained out we hung out on the porch shooting steel with 22's. I decided to try the sig on it & after a few shots to figure my hold was pretty regularly hitting a plate at 50 yards with it.

the gun is now at about 300 rounds, with 4 different loads. zero problems functioning with any of it & I still have not cleaned the gun.

Saw a post on another forum about the rear pin that goes through the frame and pins the innards inside. This keeps everything together preventing it all from walking out of the gun and tying up the gun. Evidently that can happen with the P365. Sig really needs to get their QC act together.

that's the big question now, how will it hold up over time?

if I have any problems with it I'll post about it.

I absolutely fell in love with the 365 the first time I held one. But I'll admit, I'm nervous to carry mine after these striker breakage issues. Mine does leave the telltale striker swipes on the primers.

The only thing i can add is that it is accurate, i'm just starting out with mine,(150rds) and there's no problem keeping it in the red 4" bullseye at both 7yd and 10yd so far doing 10rd groups. I'm sure it will do the same thing at 15-20yds as well if i do my part. Great pistol.

problem reported this week. have not heard of this failure from anyone else yet, no idea if it's going to be a common or rare issue:

I don't think I've ever seen shooters celebrate every box of 50 successful shots like they are with the 365. The anticipation of failure every range session must be a real buzzkill. If I would ever buy a P365 it will be several years away and only after Sig quits denying issues with the gun and gets serious about ironing out the various problems it apparently has.

Thanks for posting that video Stu. I still have only 150rds through this one, haven't been able to get back out to the range yet. I checked my two mags and no marks on them from the spring yet, it could be i just don't have enough rounds through it yet. I also stripped the gun down and can't see any reset spring problems.

I have five different brand small 9's and they all to some extent leave primer drag marks on the extracted brass, I never really thought about it and they all shoot good.

I'm at about 300. The primary mag as 1 really tiny divot, the other has none.

I don't recall seeing signs of he primer drag marks, will look again next time I shoot it.

Guy over on the 24hrcampfire is reporting his gun has now trashed two strikers. He has 1200 total rounds through the gun.

With so many proven guns out there, I dont see why people would still take a chance on the 365 until Sig gets everything figured out. The extra capacity doesnt mean anything if you cant fire them. reliability is number in the carry, without that, nothing else matters. 365 isnt there yet. Good to see Sig is still using its customer's for Beta testers though. Never seen so many "updates" and Gen2's on guns that have been out for less than year from any company in my life.

I don't recall any information on how many 365's have been sold and how many have this issue. Mine so far runs great and if and when there's a recall I'll send it in and they can repair it. Until then I'll just keep shooting it.
The best thing i can say is that if that bothers someone enough not to buy one simply wait until it's over.
It's a pretty safe bet that there aren't very many firearms if any at all that haven't had teething problems of some kind at one time or another.

Originally Posted By: bluealteredI don't recall any information on how many 365's have been sold and how many have this issue. Mine so far runs great and if and when there's a recall I'll send it in and they can repair it. Until then I'll just keep shooting it.
The best thing i can say is that if that bothers someone enough not to buy one simply wait until it's over.
It's a pretty safe bet that there aren't very many firearms if any at all that haven't had teething problems of some kind at one time or another.

Im willing to bet the average person buying a P365 doesnt shoot that much.Most of us are content shooting a couple hundred rounds of target ammo and a box or two of defense ammo and calling it good. Then maybe a few mags here and there. The fact that most of real issues dont seem to manifest until the 500+ round mark means that we wouldn't have an accurate number anyways.

Sure teething problem are not uncommon, it becomes more of an issue when its the same company over and over with almost every new product they release.

Last edited:
Yep. I shot and carried Sigs for 20+ years. Right around the time Choen came over from Kimber, things started to slip. Been in the HK camp ever since(minus a short lived love affair with some MCX's)

Back